1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 03:12
    No way they would throw the ball a couple yards away from a TD in the final seconds of the SB with one time out remaining and the best RB in the NFL!?!?

😀😀😀😀😀😀
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 03:39
    they were the most penalized team?! You're right - this call was inexplicable. These types of problems reflect on the coaching...
  3. New York
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 03:47
    Terrible decision.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 03:52
    Did they not want Lynch to have the glory or what?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 12:55
    Originally posted by Trev33
    No way they would throw the ball a couple yards away from a TD in the final seconds of the SB with one time out remaining and the best RB in the NFL!?!?

😀😀😀😀😀😀
    They were following the same thinking that got them a TD in the final seconds of the first half. You expected a run, did you? Well, so did the Patriots.

It's this kind of willingness to think "out-of-the-box" that got them TO the Super Bowl.
  6. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 14:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    They were following the same thinking that got them a TD in the final seconds of the first half. You expected a run, did you? Well, so did the Patriots.

It's this kind of willingness to think "out-of-the-box" that got them TO the Super Bowl.
    That and the Packers RELAXing in crunch time 🙁
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 15:21

😀😀😀😀😀😀
    I know just like Kaepernick throwing it in three times against the ravens to lose!
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 15:36

I was expecting a run, just like the Pats were expecting a run every time Lynch got the ball in that game, what was his avg? They had a time out and 3 down to get the TD from about 3 yards with about 30 seconds left. Better to run it, knowing what's coming and stopping it are two different things. This is the best RB in the league after all.

Seeing Sherman's face at the end was priceless though. Plus it wasn't the same thinking as the first half, that was about 5-10 yards with 6 seconds left, a pass was more likely to work. Plus even if they need get the TD they wouldn't given the Pats some time to do what they did in the first half, a run was the better call on so many levels.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 16:30
    I was expecting a run, just like the Pats were expecting a run every time Lynch got the ball in that game, what was his avg? They had a time out and 3 down to get the TD from about 3 yards with about 30 seconds left. Better to run it, knowing what's coming and stopping it are two different things. This is the best RB in the league after all.

Seeing Sherma ...[text shortened]... ts some time to do what they did in the first half, a run was the better call on so many levels.
    it was like being a goal down with a few minutes to go and subbing ronaldo or messi....because the opposition would be expecting them to score....or not putting tendulkar into bat because the opposition bowler was expecting it.
  10. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 16:55

I was actually upset they didn't kick a field goal before the 1/2...... but I was wrong. Then you have to remember they had quite a fluke with that catch to get them near the goal line anyway.. but yes, if they were worried about Wolfolk stopping the straight ahead run, I think they were wrong, I think Lynch could have blown across the goal line with no problem.. but then again, who am I?
    It was an exciting game to watch, and I'll give it to the Patriots, they could not run the ball , but did well passing against a banged up Seattle back field... it is what it is.. The Packer had the NFL,s worse melt down in history a few weeks ago,, that's why it's hard to win a bet on a consistent basis
  11. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 17:42
    Look it doesn't matter if the patriots were expecting the run or the pass. You could tell them what the play is going to be and if you are good enough they wouldn't be able to stop you. What matters is the execution of the play. The pass was a bit too high for one. You have to put the ball where your receiver is the only one to have a chance to catch the ball or make it incomplete. Having said that protecting the ball was a must. It should have been a run or quarterback sneak. Then at least you could punt for a tie game and a chance in overtime if the run play didn't work. The pass play while might have worked was just to risky for turn over at that moment in time. The one thing that bothered me and probably the seabirds was the fact that New England was able to stack the line all day and win most of the battles up front against the short run. I think that is probably the reason they chose to throw. I just think it was wrong at that time. It seemed reminiscent of a typical Tony Romo (Cowboy) type of mistakes to me. Sad as heck ending if you are a Seattle fan.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 18:05

I didn't much care for Pete Carroll until this morning when he took the heat.
    Thinking 'outside the box' is either great or worse than awful.
    Here it cost them the super bowl. That falls into the worse than awful category. But Carroll, to his credit, didn't run away from that.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 19:25
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Look it doesn't matter if the patriots were expecting the run or the pass. You could tell them what the play is going to be and if you are good enough they wouldn't be able to stop you. What matters is the execution of the play. The pass was a bit too high for one. You have to put the ball where your receiver is the only one to have a chance to catch th ...[text shortened]... typical Tony Romo (Cowboy) type of mistakes to me. Sad as heck ending if you are a Seattle fan.
    You might what to recount your math there 😉
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 19:371 edit
    You might what to recount your math there 😉
    What is wrong with the math? Tweenty six seconds left and only second down? And I believe they had a time out left. But the clock would stop anyway in the last two minutes right?

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/other-sports/new-england-patriots-28-seattle-seahawks-24-malcolm-butlers-late-interception-seals-patriots-win-as-tom-brady-claims-fourth-super-bowl-10017193.html
  15. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 19:451 edit
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    What is wrong with the math?
    confused by your punt and go to over time statement..? And they were down by 4 points, so a field goal did nothing?

Also, I think Lynch had a pretty decent game running, I'd have to look at the stats though.. the Pats couldn't run much at all..
    Yup.. Lynch had 24 carries and ended the game with 102 yds, averaging 4.2 yds per carry.. that hardly says the Pats stopped the hawks running game..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree