1. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 17:02
    Originally posted by mtthw
    It wouldn't help. Some people have a problem with the concept that a team can be hard and skillful.
    Or maybe they watched leeds away matches.
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 21:00
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Who says you were people's 2nd favourite team?
    Which public poll was that?
    ...an outlandish, unsubstantiated claim if ever I heard one!

L**ds v S6 Muppets.... not sure who I'd want to win.... all to die on the way to the ground would be a result I s'pose.

...and when I mentioned arrogant, I meant the fans, not so much the players.
    I've never had a problem with ManYoo.
  3. West London UK
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 22:30
    Fool? I would expect that sort of response from someone suffering from amnesia.
    There is absolutely no denying that Leeds had some real classy players at the time. Johnny Giles was probably the best midfielder of the time, Eddie Gray had fantastic speed and Peter Lorimer the hardest shot in football.
    Taking all that into consideration if their opponents deemed to attempt to play football they were kicked off the park.
    As for the 1970 finals which were horrific, Chelsea fought fire with fire and gave as good as they got. Which obviously Leeds couldn't handle.

Let us not forget their manager at the time, that slime ball Don Revie, the guy that run out on England to take the Arab Riyals, was the root of everything that was crap in football at the time. 😛
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 22:42
    I hate Leeds for not beating Birmingham this evening.

Useless Leeds.
  5. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 23:37
    lol I thought we all hate "Mancs" "Scousers" and all Northern Gits lol..
    Gotta Love Mooshy Peas and hot pot though. 😛😉
  6. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 18:45
    Originally posted by Dolphin55
    Leeds United are hated because of the cynical sterile football they played in the 70's. They epitomised what was wrong with the game. They had Norman "Bites your legs" Hunter - who was a complete hatchet job. Billy bremner - who they have a statue of outside their ground - who was one of the dirtiest "players" I have ever seen. Most famously he was sent of ...[text shortened]... it was great beating the Northern B*stards in the 70 FA final - albiet in a replay, Gits.
    I hate your cynical opinion, and by the way that is all it is, nothing more. Let me see now............. chopper harris, winjin webb, no good osgood.
  7. West London UK
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 22:33
    Originally posted by ManualEngine
    I hate your cynical opinion, and by the way that is all it is, nothing more. Let me see now............. chopper harris, winjin webb, no good osgood.
    My cynical attitude is borne out of disliking Leeds - the point of the thread.
    Yes I agree Chopper Harris was uncompromising but wingin Webb where do you get that from. No good Osgood is a load of tosh and a stain on the King of the Bridge.
    Your just trying to be clever with stupid rhymes, that have no substance in reality.
    Why didn't you put in Beady McCreadie, Cholics Hollins, Mousey Houseman, Rabbit Hutchinson and any other infantile remark your infantile mentality could conjure up.
  8. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 07:32
    Yes I agree Chopper Harris was uncompromising but wingin Webb where do you get that from. No good Osgood is a load of tosh and a stain on the King of the Bridge.
    Your just trying to be clever with stupid rhymes, that have no substance in reality.
    Why didn't you put in Bead ...[text shortened]... an, Rabbit Hutchinson and any other infantile remark your infantile mentality could conjure up.
    looney Rooney
  9. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 19:15
    Why didn't you put in Bead ...[text shortened]... an, Rabbit Hutchinson and any other infantile remark your infantile mentality could conjure up.
    I am trying to see things from your point of view, unfortunately I can't see that far up my own backside !!!!!!! Hey I give you credit though, you are a hell of a poet and you don't know it. My infantile mentality is borne out of disliking some southern bastards who have big gobs and even bigger chips on their shoulders.
  10. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    03 Mar '07 22:22
    terible result for leeds today and a new controversey with kevin nichols
  11. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '07 12:58
    Originally posted by cantspell
    terible result for leeds today and a new controversey with kevin nichols
    What happened. Nichols was brilliant at Luton. He got sent off a few times, even on his first game (and got a standing ovation!). We always loved his passion.
  12. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 13:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 14:42
    Let us not forget their manager at the time, that slime ball Don Revie, the guy that run out on England to take the Arab Riyals
    I don't have a problem with that. England have had managers since who I'd wished had buggered off somewhere else for the money.
  14. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 15:37
    Heh heh heh.

Thanks and Sorry catfoodtim.

You nicked Matthew Spring off us and now he's back home (via the scum).

Nicholls will be VERY welcome back.

Personally i think before you play us on Saturday. We need to score 5 again and Nicholl's took our set pieces.
  15. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Mar '07 20:31

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree