2. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 20:19
    How about Michael Vick? football and dog fighting
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    13 Nov '07 02:22
    Walter Ray Williams Jr., Bowling and Horseshoes.

WWR Jr. is arguably the greatest PBA professional bowler ever (ten pins), 6-time PBA player of the year, PBA all-time leading money winner, PBA all-time leading tournament winner (43 victories), and he's currently active, having just made his 3rd TV telecast in a row this season.

But Walter's first love is horshoes, always has been, always will be, and he really only bowls to keep himself in the money so he can go play horseshoes. WWR Jr. has won 6 World Horseshoe Pitching titles, 16 Northern California Horseshoes Champ titles, and is a member of the World Horshoe Pitching Hall of Fame.

He is nicknamed "Deadeye" for his legendary accuracy in both sports.

Eat your heart out, Bo Jackson.
  4. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    13 Nov '07 09:18
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    How about Michael Vick? football and dog fighting
    lol, I think he was an owner not a competitor.
  5. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    13 Nov '07 09:45
    MICHAEL JORDAN
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    13 Nov '07 22:48
    Brian Jordan played for the MLB Atlanta Braves and the NFL Atlanta Falcons.

Dave DeBusshere played for the NBA New York Knicks and the MLB CHicago White Sox.

Rick Rhoden played for MLB Pittsburgh Pirates and the PGA Senior Golf Tour

Johnny Bench played for MLB Cincinnati Reds and the PGA Senior Golf Tour.

Dick Anderson played for the NFL Miami Dolphins and the PGA Senior Golf Tour.

There was also a former NHL player who also played PGA Senior golf, but I can't remember who it was. Mario LeMeuix was good enough to do it, but declined to play golf and went back to hockey.

Roy Jones, Jr was a professional boxer and basketball player, I forget which team.

Those are the only others I can think of off the top of my head.
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    15 Nov '07 23:041 edit
    Colin Ridgeway
    Darren Bennett
    Ben Graham

All played (or still play in Graham's case) NFL after having played in the AFL - that is Australian Football League. Which are two different sports.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Nov '07 00:47
    You know there are a bundle of NFL kickers who were soccer players prior to kicking in the NFL.
  9. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '07 00:51
    Philadelphia Eagles punter Saverio Rocca is a former Aussie Rules football player.
  10. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    16 Nov '07 01:01
    Originally posted by eagles54
    Philadelphia Eagles punter Saverio Rocca is a former Aussie Rules football player.
    Good point. Forgot about him.
    Sav used to play for Collingwood and North Melbourne.
  11. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '07 23:54
    Antonio Gates of the San Diego Chargers played College basketball then decided he preferred Football so started tearing up the NFL. It's not two pro leagues but it's pretty cool!
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Nov '07 05:091 edit
    Originally posted by The Dude 84
    Antonio Gates of the San Diego Chargers played College basketball then decided he preferred Football so started tearing up the NFL. It's not two pro leagues but it's pretty cool!
    There are many, many more players who played multiple sports in college and one pro sport, but that is not the same as playing two different professional sports.

Dave Winfeld could have gone professional in football, baseball or basketball.

Tom Glavine was actually drafted in both baseball and hockey.
  13. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '07 05:19
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    There are many, many more players who played multiple sports in college and one pro sport, but that is not the same as playing two different professional sports.

Dave Winfeld could have gone professional in football, baseball or basketball.

Tom Glavine was actually drafted in both baseball and hockey.
    Dave Winfield was a tremendous athlete... He was drafted by the San Diego Padres , the Minnesota Vikings as a tight end despite not playing college football, the Atlanta Hawks of the NBA, and the Utah Stars of the ABA.

Former Cleveland Brown Dave Logan was also drafted in baseball and basketball.. he played for the Browns from the mid 70s to the mid 80s.

Jim Brown was not only the greatest football player who ever lived (if you call playing in Cleveland living), he is also in the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame (played at Syracuse)... I don't know Lacrosse, but I've heard that he may very well have been the greatest Lacrosse player ever as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree