1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    21 Jun '08 16:37
    Originally posted by spurs73
    ....also the whole of the Turkey squad and their manager for providing us with two of the outstanding games and results in the whole tournament.
    Yeah, the game of yesterday was cool 🙂

:'(
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Jun '08 16:57
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Yeah, the game of yesterday was cool 🙂

:'(
    Those 5 goals the day before that weren't too bad, either. 🙂

😞
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jun '08 13:44
    Originally posted by spurs73
    ....also the whole of the Turkey squad and their manager for providing us with two of the outstanding games and results in the whole tournament.
    Alinthop of Turkey has been outstanding.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Jun '08 22:06
    So far, I'd say my biggest disappointment is Mario Gomez. I had such big hopes!

However, I am very satisfied to see how Podolski has taken the lead behind the frontline, and Ballack has matured tremendously as a leader also.

On the Spanish side, the old fart of Luis Aragones should realize that Cesc Fabregas MUST start the matches, and that will make the difference between reaching the finals or, once again, stay "almost there". He must also quit using Dani Güiza, for crying out loud!
  5. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 22:51
    i would play Guiza in he final as he is stronger than Villa or Torres and gets into good positions. Sadly if the dynamic duo rip Russia apart then this will be forgotten and germany will be champions
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 23:23
    Originally posted by invigorate
    i would play Guiza in he final as he is stronger than Villa or Torres and gets into good positions. Sadly if the dynamic duo rip Russia apart then this will be forgotten and germany will be champions
    Why try to match a man mountain like Metzelder for strength? Surely, exploiting the lack of mobility of a big man would be the way to go, especially considering Torres ability to dribble in tight spaces and Villa's intelligent running off the back of the central defenders?

D
  7. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 23:28
    I do watch some of this and am trying to get a handle on it. I can't really tell a good soccer player from an excellent one unless they are attackers. I like the babes in the crowd, though.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Jun '08 20:09
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    There is one man who has clearly been put in the team for a practical joke, and that man is France's Bafetimbi Gomis. I swear he spent the entire time on the pitch high on ganja, mon.
    "The French need to score, and they bring on a striker called Gomis."
    Lawro during Netherlands v France. (Haresh, England)

D
  9. Utrecht
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 13:17
    When you have Benzema in the team you put him on the pitch. Period. Probably Domenech read in his astro magazine that the stars were not in good position to bring him. Wonder if he still sticks to this after the french defeat.
  10. Joined
    16 May '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 02:39
    Fabregas!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree