1. 6yd box
    Moves
    17 Feb '12 22:53
    As the events in Porto show the rest of Europe is way behind at racism in sports compared to the UK and USA.

Ok we got the Terry incident still not resolved but at least we are trying to do something about it. But countries like Portugal Spain Italy and eastern european countries like Poland-Russia etc are still stuck back in the 70s UK and USA
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '12 09:54
    Originally posted by spurs73
    As the events in Porto show the rest of Europe is way behind at racism in sports compared to the UK and USA.

Ok we got the Terry incident still not resolved but at least we are trying to do something about it. But countries like Portugal Spain Italy and eastern european countries like Poland-Russia etc are still stuck back in the 70s UK and USA
    the 1870's
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '12 00:43
    Behind what? Since when did sports become the petri dish for social engineering? Quite frankly I frequently see intraethnic racial incidents that lead me to believe that such views will never be eradicated until "minorities" decide they don't get a pass even against one another. Further, until such time as it is accepted that any race can engage in racial slurs we won't get anywhere. Why do blacks find it OK to still call whites "honky", "cracker" and stuff like that? How come Mexico decide that it's cool to chant "Osama Osama" from the stands at Azteca stadium?
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 01:00
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Behind what? Since when did sports become the petri dish for social engineering? Quite frankly I frequently see intraethnic racial incidents that lead me to believe that such views will never be eradicated until "minorities" decide they don't get a pass even against one another. Further, until such time as it is accepted that any race can engage in raci ...[text shortened]... exico decide that it's cool to chant "Osama Osama" from the stands at Azteca stadium?
    LOL.. not heard 'honky' since the 70s! I think you must be stuck in a time wrap!
    whats a 'cracker' never heard that before?- must the an american thing
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '12 04:19
    LOL.. not heard 'honky' since the 70s! I think you must be stuck in a time wrap!
    whats a 'cracker' never heard that before?- must the an american thing
    I'm not behind, perhaps black people are. I hear these terms all the time and uglier things. I have never, ever heard a white person call a black person racial names. Ever! But I frequently even hear congressmen and women call whites demons, devils, racists, crackers. Jesse Jackson referred to Jews as Hymies and Brooklyn, NY as hymietown. You never heard Crackers? Just think what color saltines are. It is not meant as a compliment in spite of being stupid. My point is unless both sides are enjoined then this will go on forever. Further, blacks call one another horrible names!
  6. 6yd box
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:26
    I'm not behind, perhaps black people are. I hear these terms all the time and uglier things. I have never, ever heard a white person call a black person racial names. Ever! But I frequently even hear congressmen and women call whites demons, devils, racists, crackers. Jesse Jackson referred to Jews as Hymies and Brooklyn, NY as hymietown. You never hear ...[text shortened]... des are enjoined then this will go on forever. Further, blacks call one another horrible names!
    are you sure! never heard a white person call a black person racial names!? you are kidding right?

Guess we come from diffirent 'worlds' mate

by the way do you even know any Black people?
    I find americans very strange!
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:49
    I'm not behind, perhaps black people are. I hear these terms all the time and uglier things. I have never, ever heard a white person call a black person racial names. Ever! But I frequently even hear congressmen and women call whites demons, devils, racists, crackers. Jesse Jackson referred to Jews as Hymies and Brooklyn, NY as hymietown. You never hear ...[text shortened]... des are enjoined then this will go on forever. Further, blacks call one another horrible names!
    Cracker has nothing to do with saltine crackers, thats what slaves called the slave drivers (because of the crack of the whip) and now anybody who is descended from slave owners are called crackers.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 09:13
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Cracker has nothing to do with saltine crackers, thats what slaves called the slave drivers (because of the crack of the whip) and now anybody who is descended from slave owners are called crackers.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_%28pejorative%29
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 14:31
    YouTube
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 21:281 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Probably both are true but the one we're interested in is one which would be in use by descendants of african slaves and not descendants of wealthy europeans and americans. The african slaves would have been ignorant of this usage.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 12:50
    It may have meant that 150 years ago, but I guess you love living in the past. The current meaning is not meant to self subjugate back into slavery, it is to call white peple pale and brittle!
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '12 12:59
    are you sure! never heard a white person call a black person racial names!? you are kidding right?

Guess we come from diffirent 'worlds' mate

by the way do you even know any Black people?
    I find americans very strange!
    Are you nuts? Have you seen the racial make up of the USA? There is no way us Yanks don't know black people. We interact daily, get along, refrain from calling one another names or ethnic insults. I never said I'd not heard ethnic insults, simply never heard a white person utter said insults. I have heard loud fights on the train, always between black people and they hurl the most awful invective at one one another and it is always ethnically insulting. Jesse Jackson frequently calls his Jewish supporters Hymies and refers to Brooklyn, NY as Hymietown.

AT any rate what difference would it make in your mind if I did or didn't associate with black people. If I say I do then you'll say it's token black friends. That's how race mongers operate.There must be racism or their profitable race mongering operations fail financially!

BTW if you're constantly hearing racist insult perhaps you are most definitely hanging with the wrong crowd!
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '12 13:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    THat bloody Frank Carson ! (god rest ) .😉
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 11:011 edit
    Originally posted by phil3000
    THat bloody Frank Carson ! (god rest ) .😉
    Aye its a cracker, we still say that here when something is awesome. 🙂
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Feb '12 22:21
    It may have meant that 150 years ago, but I guess you love living in the past. The current meaning is not meant to self subjugate back into slavery, it is to call white peple pale and brittle!
    Just because you want to make something up doesn't make it so. Words don't, all of a sudden, change their meaning, especially a word that garnered as much usage as the word "cracker."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree