1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 07:29
    If you enjoy futbol: These games are an indulgence!

Yesterday Australia came back from a 2-0 deficit to beat Brazil. This, after losing a heart-breaker to Italia in the 95th minute of the previous game.

In a monumental mismatch, the U.S.A. walloped Thailand 13-0! It was a guilty pleasure up until the 7th goal...after that I began to feel that a mercy-rule was in order. But, I've never believed in kicking an unconscious opponent.

The second round of the Group Stage is well underway. Give a few games a peek. It's great entertainment!

https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 21:50
    @wolfe63 said

Yesterday Australia came back from a 2-0 deficit to beat Brazil. This, after losing a heart-breaker to Italia in the 95th minute of the previous game.

In a monumental mismatch, the U.S.A. walloped Thailand 13-0! It was a guilty pleasure up until the 7th goal...after that I began to feel that a mercy-rule was in order. ...[text shortened]... nderway. Give a few games a peek. It's great entertainment!

Wolfy,

In North America we call it soccer! 😉
    Canada probably doesn't have a prayer!

-VR
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 00:37
    @wolfe63 said

In a monumental mismatch, the U.S.A. walloped Thailand 13-0! It was a guilty pleasure up until the 7th goal...after that I began to feel that a mercy-rule was in order. ...[text shortened]... nderway. Give a few games a peek. It's great entertainment!

This was like scoring a touchdown, a hat-trick and a 3 pointer all in the same game.

I wonder if any other country would've been as gracious to the U.S. as they say America should've been, if they were the ones dominating.

If the U.S. men's team ever wins the World Cup, I think WWIII will breakout entirely against America.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 00:431 edit
    @vivify

American women demonstrated they have no class.

I did not see it, I do not watch soccer, but if I did it would be women's soccer.
  5. Joined
    02 Jun '19
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 10:31
    @Eladar
    I don't agree. Here are a couple of points made by a writer on Yahoo sports:
    1. The top two teams will advance to the knockout stage. The Americans want to win the group and get, presumably, an easier draw in the knockout stage. Goal differential is the first tiebreaker.
    2. And for everyone complaining it was too lopsided or unsportsmanlike or unfair … please, this is the World Cup, not some rec league where everyone gets a snack bag and an orange slice afterward.

The Thai team last year had wins where they beat their opponents by double digits. They are all grown-ups. They can handle it.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 13:581 edit
    @eladar said
    @vivify

American women demonstrated they have no class.
    Please.

Do you have any idea how many senseless riots happen in soccer all across the world become their team lost? It seems when an entire soccer stadium explodes in violence over a game, why doesn't anyone condemn them as having "no class"?

Americans celebrating = bad.
    Other countries beating the hell out of each because they lost = that's cool.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 14:37
    @vivify said
    Please.

Do you have any idea how many senseless riots happen in soccer all across the world become their team lost? It seems when an entire soccer stadium explodes in violence over a game, why doesn't anyone condemn them as having "no class"?

Americans celebrating = bad.
    Other countries beating the hell out of each because they lost = that's cool.
    Of course those people have no class.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 14:38
    @bobek139 said
    @Eladar
    I don't agree. Here are a couple of points made by a writer on Yahoo sports:
    1. The top two teams will advance to the knockout stage. The Americans want to win the group and get, presumably, an easier draw in the knockout stage. Goal differential is the first tiebreaker.
    2. And for everyone complaining it was too lopsided or unsportsmanlike or unfair … please, th ...[text shortened]... wins where they beat their opponents by double digits. They are all grown-ups. They can handle it.
    So you ate saying the US team had to run up the score because they will likely need the tie breaker.
  9. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 00:08
    @vivify

Hang on here. Football in Europe / South America goes beyond all that rubbish. It's 'Tribal'' - male or female. Something the rest of the world will never understand.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 17:59
    @wolfe63 said

I don't care what the sport is you are playing. It is just bad sportsmanship to rub it in the other teams face. The U.S. showed very poor taste in their actions.

-VR
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jun '19 19:01
    Show boating is looked down upon as is running up the score. Winning by 13 in soccer would be like winning by 91 points in the American Football.
  12. Joined
    02 Jun '19
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 11:06
    @Eladar
    I clearly didn't say that they would likely need the tiebreaker. But it's possible, so why take the chance? The other point is that it's a high-level competition. Each side plays its best. It's the World Cup, for pete's sake.
  13. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 12:12
    I love watching them girls play soccer. Their standard is quite high.
    Australia's Kerr is very good. In the one game she headed two goals.
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 12:25
    @pawnpaw said
    I love watching them girls play soccer. Their standard is quite high.
    Australia's Kerr is very good. In the one game she headed two goals.
    Yes, Kerr is a great player.
    The talent and skill level in women's futbol increases daily.
    The knock-out games will be fun to watch.
    Anything can happen!
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '19 13:30
    @bobek139 said
    @Eladar
    I clearly didn't say that they would likely need the tiebreaker. But it's possible, so why take the chance? The other point is that it's a high-level competition. Each side plays its best. It's the World Cup, for pete's sake.
    Lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree