1. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 08:06
    Two volunteer football coaches have been suspended for allowing children to play competitively against each other. This breaches the Central Wales Football Association's regulations which ban und 11s from taking part in competitive matches. It's not April 1st. And we complain about our football teams not being more successful!!!!!
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 16:39
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    Two volunteer football coaches have been suspended for allowing children to play competitively against each other. This breaches the Central Wales Football Association's regulations which ban und 11s from taking part in competitive matches. It's not April 1st. And we complain about our football teams not being more successful!!!!!
    Your'e joking ,surely
  3. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 20:47
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Your'e joking ,surely
    Daily Mail today. So HAS to be true!!
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 22:01
    its sadly true, my son plays for a u10 team, they play ever week in a league they have a full fixture list, proper ref, even nets for the goals, but are not allowed to keep a table and no prizes are allowed for winners, in scotland its not competitive until they reach 14. the coaches keep a unofficial table to see whos the best, its still good fun for them but kids want to win prizes but cant officially untill they are much older.:'(
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 00:35
    An awful lot of this PC nonsense flourished under Labour, it won;t last long..it's probably the one thing the Tories do well, ridding the nation of such bollox....
  6. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 06:58
    Originally posted by roma45
    its sadly true, my son plays for a u10 team, they play ever week in a league they have a full fixture list, proper ref, even nets for the goals, but are not allowed to keep a table and no prizes are allowed for winners, in scotland its not competitive until they reach 14. the coaches keep a unofficial table to see whos the best, its still good fun for them but kids want to win prizes but cant officially untill they are much older.:'(
    Kids, boys especially, flourish in a competitive environment. I am a teacher and I know how useful it is to tap into this hard wired streak in their DNA when teaching. Boys love to compete, to flex their muscles, and to deprive them of the satisfaction of success is bonkers. OK, playing is the most important thing, but not to reward success seems to be self-defeating.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 12:47
    Kids, boys especially, flourish in a competitive environment. I am a teacher and I know how useful it is to tap into this hard wired streak in their DNA when teaching. Boys love to compete, to flex their muscles, and to deprive them of the satisfaction of success is bonkers. OK, playing is the most important thing, but not to reward success seems to be self-defeating.
    Boston has no goal leagues fearing losing might hurt losing team's feelings! Hockeypuck, I say! Such rubbish fails to prepare children for the real world! PC madness should be erradicated before we end up with pansified adults!
  8. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 16:02
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Boston has no goal leagues fearing losing might hurt losing team's feelings! Hockeypuck, I say! Such rubbish fails to prepare children for the real world! PC madness should be erradicated before we end up with pansified adults!
    Absolutely agree. We cannot protect against failure - it is a fact of life!
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Apr '12 17:58
    Absolutely agree. We cannot protect against failure - it is a fact of life!
    Not only is it a fact of life it steels one for future struggles, motivates improvement and avoids whiney, self centered little SOB's who then think they are owed everything! Disappointments certainly ground us and make us try harder next time!
  10. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 07:30
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    so pc madness is in the usa as well, thought it was just us, at least junior chess in britain is still normal my 9 year old can play with the chance of winning medals. a few years ago in a kids football league in edinburgh some idiot came up with this idea, what ever the score is at half time the scores are switched for the second half, so if you were 4 nil up, you would then be 4 nil down, this would encourage fairness etc (the usual pc bull) this was stopped after a few matches as the coaches told thier players to score in thier own net, it was like 30 all going in to the second half, bloody entertaining though. 😀
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 12:431 edit
    Originally posted by roma45
    so pc madness is in the usa as well, thought it was just us, at least junior chess in britain is still normal my 9 year old can play with the chance of winning medals. a few years ago in a kids football league in edinburgh some idiot came up with this idea, what ever the score is at half time the scores are switched for the second half, so if you were 4 nil u ...[text shortened]... in thier own net, it was like 30 all going in to the second half, bloody entertaining though. 😀
    PC madness only in the blue states, never in the red states. What you describe is a perversion of an unattainable ideal. The reality is that all this PC crap is geared towards the concept of "self esteem", a concept that has been considered bunk for many years now! The data does not support it and researchers began finding out that juvenile detention facilities and adult prisons were full of people with great "self esteem". At a recent conference I attended the world's foremost authority on play therapy scolded an attendee for asking a question on the subject. We are letting strange ideas take over and ruin children's minds. These "feelings" advocates fail to understand how important learning with disappointment is!
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 17:091 edit
    Two football managers have been suspended from international football for allowing their players to play .....non - competitive matches .
    Georg Burley and Levein have declined to comment .😵
  13. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 17:26
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Two football managers have been suspended from international football for allowing their players to play .....non - competitive matches .
    Georg Burley and Levein have declined to comment .😵
    😀 very good, true as well,
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 20:43
    This is 'England's' problem!
  15. 6yd box
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 21:27
    Dail Mail is a joke paper- I am sure there is more to that story/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree