Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 03 Aug '07 09:58
    not that american throwball. how do you think your team will do. MY team sunderland just praying we do better this time still have nightmares from our last prem outing.
  2. 03 Aug '07 11:01
    Originally posted by stoker
    not that american throwball. how do you think your team will do. MY team sunderland just praying we do better this time still have nightmares from our last prem outing.
    i think sunderland will be fine

    but i am a man utd fan so will be hoping keane does well their.
  3. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    03 Aug '07 11:06
    I'm guessing my team won't even win one match in any UK competitions this year.
  4. 03 Aug '07 11:43
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I'm guessing my team won't even win one match in any UK competitions this year.
    porto yeah?
  5. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    03 Aug '07 12:50
    Originally posted by trevor33
    porto yeah?
  6. 03 Aug '07 13:48
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I'm guessing my team won't even win one match in any UK competitions this year.
    But what about against UK teams?
  7. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    03 Aug '07 13:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    But what about against UK teams?
    I'm hoping for more 2004 and less 2007.

    Even if we had an excellent team last year, we didn't have much luck against Chelsea. Arsenal destroyed us in the first game, but we dominated in the second one. They were pretty lucky to come out with a draw on that one.

    We usually do reasonably well against English teams. Let's not forget that we are, after all, underdogs.

    Edit - What's your view on Pool's chances this year?
  8. 03 Aug '07 14:12
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I'm hoping for more 2004 and less 2007.

    Even if we had an excellent team last year, we didn't have much luck against Chelsea. Arsenal destroyed us in the first game, but we dominated in the second one. They were pretty lucky to come out with a draw on that one.

    We usually do reasonably well against English teams. Let's not forget that we are, after all, underdogs.

    Edit - What's your view on Pool's chances this year?
    Optimistic as always

    We always seem to have a crap start, which IMO is mainly due to the manager lumping all the new signings on the pitch from day 1, and persisting with them until they start showing some form, or get dropped. I would prefer Rafa to actually start the season with at most 2 changes. To me it seems better to stick with a settled team from the end of last year and gradually bring in players over the first few games, rather than put all the signings on and hope they immediately replicate in the premiership any form they showed in pre-season training. It's been a while since LFC were still in the race by Christmas, so that's what I'd hope for this year.
  9. 03 Aug '07 14:36
    Also, Rafa has shown he's a great manager for the European nights, and especially gets the best over spanish teams. I hope this year we get to play Real Madrid in a couple of classic matches
  10. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    03 Aug '07 15:04
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Also, Rafa has shown he's a great manager for the European nights, and especially gets the best over spanish teams. I hope this year we get to play Real Madrid in a couple of classic matches
    You have to qualify first! Who are you playing against in the qualification matches?
  11. 03 Aug '07 15:22 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    You have to qualify first! Who are you playing against in the qualification matches?
    Toulouse, and my prediction is - Toulouse to lose!

    edit: ho ho ho
  12. Standard member Cityblue
    Moonchester
    03 Aug '07 15:51
    Originally posted by stoker
    not that american throwball. how do you think your team will do. MY team sunderland just praying we do better this time still have nightmares from our last prem outing.
    As a Man City fan, I don't even know who will be playing for us, let alone how we'll do!!!!

    I'm sure it wont be straight forward though - it's just not City to be consistent or to do what everyone expects

    Champions??
  13. 03 Aug '07 16:24
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    As a Man City fan, I don't even know who will be playing for us, let alone how we'll do!!!!

    I'm sure it wont be straight forward though - it's just not City to be consistent or to do what everyone expects

    Champions??
    What do you think about the former England manager showing the confidence in the former players he had to work with, and the league they came from, by buying lots of Johnny Foreigners from other leagues?
  14. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    03 Aug '07 16:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    What do you think about the former England manager showing the confidence in the former players he had to work with, and the league they came from, by buying lots of Johnny Foreigners from other leagues?
    A lesson learned?
  15. 03 Aug '07 16:29
    Originally posted by Cityblue

    Champions
    You forgot the 'hip'.