1. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 21:01
    Aussie dismissed twice and NZ on the ropes on day three of a test.
    Surely this can't be a worthy pitch for test matches.

NZ 6 down now have two days to get 184 to win... they be all out by lunch.. maybe tea if they're lucky.

NZ batsmen do have (mostly hidden) skill but suffer eternal blood rushes at the crease and rarely show stroke selection sense - But does anyone expect Aussie to get out twice by day three in a test match.

Best thing about this game is the emerging talent of Young NZ quick Southee.. at last some hope for the future.
  2. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 15:05
    Surely this can't be a worthy pitch for test matches.

And you've come to this conclusion because.......? 😕
  3. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 18:58
    Originally posted by Elamef37
    [b]Surely this can't be a worthy pitch for test matches.

And you've come to this conclusion because.......? 😕[/b]
    The pitch did too much and was too uneven. I do like a seaming wicket but this one was a little over the top. Do you like a test wicket that gets 3 day results
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 20:43
    Both these teams are crap. I don't see how anyone expected the game to last 5 days?
  5. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 02:29
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Both these teams are crap. I don't see how anyone expected the game to last 5 days?
    A response to this remark, would mean I'd have to stoop to your level of intelligence, I simply couldn't do that to myself! 😀
  6. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 02:43
    A response to this remark, would mean I'd have to stoop to your level of intelligence, I simply couldn't do that to myself! 😀
    Thats all right elame, let me. I'm renowned for the lenghts I'll stoop to. Now Crowley, that remark was nasty and unfair. NZ are crap but the Aussies are No1 in the world (even though they're playing like crap). When they are officially crap then you can post it. Theres no room on the forums for people who make nasty remarks. Take a leaf out of my book and only stick to posting the truth.
  7. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 02:49
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    The pitch did too much and was too uneven. I do like a seaming wicket but this one was a little over the top. Do you like a test wicket that gets 3 day results
    No one likes three day tests Dan. The night before the first days' play there was a mini cyclone through Brisbane that slightly exposed the pitch and it got soaked, delaying the start of play. That pitch normally favours spin, instead the green top gave the pacemen a field day.
    I am also looking forward to South Africa playing here as we are more even now our old guard has retired. Should be a great series.
  8. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 05:06
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    No one likes three day tests Dan. The night before the first days' play there was a mini cyclone through Brisbane that slightly exposed the pitch and it got soaked, delaying the start of play. That pitch normally favours spin, instead the green top gave the pacemen a field day.
    I am also looking forward to South Africa playing here as we are more even now our old guard has retired. Should be a great series.
    I normally love games at the gabba because it does take seam and and usually bowlers get a bit of swing too. I still recall Hadlees last big bag there.
    Yep NZ are stuck in a crappy patch but cricket is always good regardless and fun to look for the good side... I thought Youngster Southee showed enough promise to give some glee for the future though I'm not sure who told him to hit sizes as last man.. guess he deserved the moment and hit two before going out. He does look a sturdy young 19 year old capable of getting a fair few hauls in the future.
    Good luck with SA they'll be at least as tough as India and will handle your wickets too.
  9. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 06:50
    Well, with the first Test Match over and done with, gotta wait till Friday and see how things go, for the second in Adelaide 🙂
  10. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 07:36
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    I normally love games at the gabba because it does take seam and and usually bowlers get a bit of swing too. I still recall Hadlees last big bag there.
    Yep NZ are stuck in a crappy patch but cricket is always good regardless and fun to look for the good side... I thought Youngster Southee showed enough promise to give some glee for the future though I'm ...[text shortened]... re.
    Good luck with SA they'll be at least as tough as India and will handle your wickets too.
    Who's that big stocky batsmen with the Kiwis? I like him, he's got a lot of guts in a skinny sport. He can hit a ball hard.
  11. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 07:38
    Well, with the first Test Match over and done with, gotta wait till Friday and see how things go, for the second in Adelaide 🙂
    Did you hear Roy is in trouble for a bar brawl? No details on who started it. He was drinking with some cricketers and some test rugby league players.
  12. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 07:45
    Did you hear Roy is in trouble for a bar brawl? No details on who started it. He was drinking with some cricketers and some test rugby league players.
    Oh gawd! Not again 😠
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 08:201 edit
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Thats all right elame, let me. I'm renowned for the lenghts I'll stoop to. Now Crowley, that remark was nasty and unfair. NZ are crap but the Aussies are No1 in the world (even though they're playing like crap). When they are officially crap then you can post it. Theres no room on the forums for people who make nasty remarks. Take a leaf out of my book and only stick to posting the truth.
    Jesus guys, take a chill pill.
    It was obviously just a joke, or should I put a little smiley after every post to remind you homourless lot when I'm posting a joke?

This is why I miss dyl posting in the public forums. If it wasn't for him, I would think Australians have no sense of humour at all.

Also, for a sporting nation that basically prides itself on their quality and witty chirps, you lot need to take a leaf out of your sportsmen's book and give a return quip, not self-righteous bull like this...
  14. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 08:24
    Our test side is looking pretty decent these days and if both teams play to their potential without any injuries going into the series then it may well be an epic few games.

Jacques Kallis is having a bit of a runs drought at the moment, but I'm happy with it, since he may well be due a few big ones as we land in Oz...
  15. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 08:51
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Jesus guys, take a chill pill.
    It was obviously just a joke, or should I put a little smiley after every post to remind you homourless lot when I'm posting a joke?

This is why I miss dyl posting in the public forums. If it wasn't for him, I would think Australians have no sense of humour at all.

Also, for a sporting nation that basically prides itsel ...[text shortened]... eaf out of your sportsmen's book and give a return quip, not self-righteous bull like this...
    Stone the Crows, Crowley! It's all cool, in this hot, humid and muggy windy weather! 😀 No worries 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree