Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 06 Jun '11 19:07
    One of my home teams might finally win a championship!
  2. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    06 Jun '11 22:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    One of my home teams might finally win a championship!
    Yes, I am a big fan of the Canucks too. One of the first sport teams i ever like.

    Because of the video game "Blades of Steel".

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQZA2WChWY

    I have waited for 23 years for this and only 2 wins to go.
  3. 07 Jun '11 01:09
    Since Detroit is out, I'll have to root for the Canucks also!

    Go Canucks! They deserve a cup!
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    07 Jun '11 02:45
    I'm a big fan of any team playing against any Boston team...

    So...

    GO 'NUCKS!
  5. 07 Jun '11 11:25
    I think the Bruins rattled Luongo last night. Game may have been a series changer! Go Bruins! 8-1 over the previously ironclad Nucks! Chinks in the Nuck armor in every phase of the game!
  6. 08 Jun '11 21:10
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I think the Bruins rattled Luongo last night. Game may have been a series changer! Go Bruins! 8-1 over the previously ironclad Nucks! Chinks in the Nuck armor in every phase of the game!
    You shall be cast out of hockey heaven you blasphemer!
  7. 16 Jun '11 11:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    You shall be cast out of hockey heaven you blasphemer!
    Looks like I was right after all! Luongo could not keep up the home ice advantage in the most critical of the games. 4-0 Bruins! Let's see. Canucks allowed how many goals? 20? and only in their last four games! Sorry to say, but had they won it would have been a travesty since they would have been outscored globally by Bruins. Hockey gods would not have that. Timmy Thomas played on his head and was awarded the Conn-Smythe award. Canada remains Stanley Cupless for yet another season!

    How 'bout them wonderful Canuck fans! Sore losing bunch of SOB's!

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AmxOCh44SUU.C67KwicgiHPNRtx_?slug=ap-stanleycup-vancouverscene
  8. 16 Jun '11 11:38
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Looks like I was right after all! Luongo could not keep up the home ice advantage in the most critical of the games. 4-0 Bruins! Let's see. Canucks allowed how many goals? 20? and only in their last four games! Sorry to say, but had they won it would have been a travesty since they would have been outscored globally by Bruins. Hockey gods would not have ...[text shortened]... sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AmxOCh44SUU.C67KwicgiHPNRtx_?slug=ap-stanleycup-vancouverscene
    Yeah... Vancouver fans rioted the last time they lost a cup final (1994 vs the Rangers). Insane.

    Then again, Montreal fans riot whenever they win a cup. I guess it's just a rowdy celebration in that case
  9. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    16 Jun '11 12:24
    I believe the ghost of Curly Howard was overheard in the crowd rooting for Boston...

    Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck..... guess he wasn't a Canuck fan???
  10. 16 Jun '11 22:05
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I believe the ghost of Curly Howard was overheard in the crowd rooting for Boston...

    Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck..... guess he wasn't a Canuck fan???
    Was Curly Howard from Boston? I thought he was from Brooklyn. Either way we're certain he was not a Canuck fan at all and looks like neither were the Vancouver people. What a bunch of idiots. It is said one should not judge the village by its idiots, but it is a stain on the city nonetheless!