1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 12:49
    I do believe they are going to go to the play offs...been a joy to watch this
    year!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 22:52
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    year!
    Hey KellyJay. Regarding the playoffs, do I have this right?

The top teams in the Divisions get a playoff spot, leaving open 2 wildcard spots. The 2 wildcard teams must play a ONE game playoff to EARN the final playoff spot?? Is this right? Because in the past, only 1 wildcard spot was available.

Meaning.....even if the Cubs get a wildcard spot.....it doesn't mean they will actually make the playoffs??
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 10:44
    Originally posted by chaney3

The top teams in the Divisions get a playoff spot, leaving open 2 wildcard spots. The 2 wildcard teams must play a ONE game playoff to EARN the final playoff spot?? Is this right? Because in the past, only 1 wildcard spot was available.

Meaning.....even if the Cubs get a wildcard spot.....it doesn't mean they will actually make the playoffs??
    Its "a" play off game, I'll take anything I can get. 🙂
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 10:44

I got a good feeling about this century. 🙂
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '15 20:551 edit
    Its "a" play off game, I'll take anything I can get. 🙂
    Don't get me wrong....I was not being negative, just trying to understand the playoff system regarding the 2 wildcard teams. I am a NY Yankees fan, and the fact that we cannot seem to touch the Toronto Bluejays, means that we are in the same boat regarding the wildcard spot.

Hey....have you seen the documentary on ESPN....."Catching Hell". As a Cubs fan, you would love it. It revolves around the 'curse', and the interference by Steve Bartman. Fascinating and well put together documentary.

Edit: Most riveting about the documentary is how nobody really discusses the wild pitch that scored a run, and the error by the shortstop which loaded the bases, and did not get the out.....to extend that brutal 8 run inning.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '15 21:14
    Don't get me wrong....I was not being negative, just trying to understand the playoff system regarding the 2 wildcard teams. I am a NY Yankees fan, and the fact that we cannot seem to touch the Toronto Bluejays, means that we are in the same boat regarding the wildcard spot.

Hey....have you seen the documentary on ESPN....."Catching Hell". As a Cubs fan ...[text shortened]... hortstop which loaded the bases, and did not get the out.....to extend that brutal 8 run inning.
    I first started paying attention to baseball in the 60's when 69 happen it was when I realized
    that being a Cub fan is painful, but I still love them. 🙂
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '15 04:24
    I first started paying attention to baseball in the 60's when 69 happen it was when I realized
    that being a Cub fan is painful, but I still love them. 🙂
    So.....KellyJay.....the Cubs officially have a playoff spot.

You never answered my question.....have you seen 'Catching Hell'?? If not, it may be something for you to look into.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '15 09:45
    So.....KellyJay.....the Cubs officially have a playoff spot.

You never answered my question.....have you seen 'Catching Hell'?? If not, it may be something for you to look into.
    Sorry my bad....have not seen it.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '15 21:41
    Sorry my bad....have not seen it.
    Well, if you are ever inclined to find a way to watch this documentary......you will appreciate it as a Cubs fan.

'Catching Hell'.......it describes in full how it feels to be a Cubs fan, and how the curse of being a Cubs fan is very much real.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 13:48
    I got a good feeling about this century. 🙂
    Good news, I saw the blood red moon which means the end is near.

Could be a good sign for Cub fans. 😛
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Oct '15 23:07
    year!
    I am going for the Cubs!
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 00:39
    Back to the future said that in 2015 it would be the Cubs!
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 09:35
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Back to the future said that in 2015 it would be the Cubs!
    They have to get by the Pirates first, but it would be nice. I grew up between STL and Chi,
    so you were either a fan of one or the other. I would so love beating STL if we make that
    far, it is amazing the NL central has 3 power house teams, shame they have to knock each
    other out to get to the WS.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 03:01
    YEA!
  15. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    12 Oct '15 16:03
    Congratulations, Cubs, from a life-time Pirate fan. Arietta was too good for us. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree