Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    01 Dec '11 16:52
    Grampy's Sure Thing Underdog Picks, Week #13


    * Washington with 3.5 over NYJets

    * Cleveland with 6.5 over Baltimore

    * Arizona with 4.5 over Dallas

    * NYGiants with 6.5 over Green Bay


    Note #1: Though it's not a 'sure thing' but also like Indi with 20.5 over New England. Usual X-Factor is the Patriots
    consistent ability to play just good enough to surprise.

    Note #2: Big surprise of the week for me is that CBS Sports Pools has rated Atlanta as a 2.5 favorite over Houston.

    Note #3: Previous performance is no guarantee of future results. If you decide to bet the farm on any or all of these
    four selections, be sure to set aside enough (just in case Grampy's wrong) funds for taxi fare home.

    gb
  2. 01 Dec '11 18:58 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Grampy's Sure Thing Underdog Picks, Week #13


    * Washington with 3.5 over NYJets

    * Cleveland with 6.5 over Baltimore

    * Arizona with 4.5 over Dallas

    * NYGiants with 6.5 over Green Bay


    Note #1: Though it's not a 'sure thing' but also like Indi with 20.5 over New England. Usual X-Factor is the Patriots
    consistent ability to pl ...[text shortened]... , be sure to set aside enough (just in case Grampy's wrong) funds for taxi fare home.

    gb[/b]
    I'd say you'll go 0-4 there.... maybe 1-3 if you're lucky. Ravens have struggled a bit against teams they should beat easily.

    It's not surprising they see Atlanta as the favorites considering the Texans lack of QBs.

    My surprise pick is the Lions, an extra 4 days rest might prove crucial... looking forward to that match up.

    So my underdog picks -

    Lions +9
    Denver +2
    Titans +3
  3. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    01 Dec '11 19:22
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I'd say you'll go 0-4 there.... maybe 1-3 if you're lucky. Ravens have struggled a bit against teams they should beat easily.

    It's not surprising they see Atlanta as the favorites considering the Texans lack of QBs.

    My surprise pick is the Lions, an extra 4 days rest might prove crucial... looking forward to that match up.

    So my underdog picks -

    Lions +9
    Denver +2
    Titans +3
    I too have Detroit +7.5, Denver +.5 and Tenn +1.5. How about picking a fourth dog. Then your list of four

    and my op 'Sure Thing Underdog' four can compete for bragging rights for either you or me in Week #13.

    Deal?

    gb
  4. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    01 Dec '11 19:23
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Grampy's Sure Thing Underdog Picks, Week #13


    * Washington with 3.5 over NYJets

    * Cleveland with 6.5 over Baltimore

    * Arizona with 4.5 over Dallas

    * NYGiants with 6.5 over Green Bay


    Note #1: Though it's not a 'sure thing' but also like Indi with 20.5 over New England. Usual X-Factor is the Patriots
    consistent ability to pl ...[text shortened]... , be sure to set aside enough (just in case Grampy's wrong) funds for taxi fare home.

    gb[/b]
    Bobby. I think you will lose all four of your picks.

    I am not surprised Atlanta is a favorite either considering Houston is starting
    their 3rd string QB, who has played slightly more than a half of a football game
    in his career which spans 11 games. The Texans can still win, but they are going
    to have to rally around the kid offensively, and the defense has zero margin for error.
  5. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    01 Dec '11 19:38
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Bobby. I think you will lose all four of your picks.

    I am not surprised Atlanta is a favorite either considering Houston is starting
    their 3rd string QB, who has played slightly more than a half of a football game
    in his career which spans 11 games. The Texans can still win, but they are going
    to have to rally around the kid offensively, and the defense has zero margin for error.
    Hi, Shorty. Never realized the air in the Sports Forum is really fresh air compared with that other unventilated popular forum. How about getting a dog (no pun intended) into the hunt by giving Trev and yours truly your list of four underdogs (with morning lines) for Week #13. Top Prize... Bragging Rights for one week. First game's tonight.

    gb
  6. 01 Dec '11 20:00
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    I too have Detroit +7.5, Denver +.5 and Tenn +1.5. How about picking a fourth dog. Then your list of four

    and my op 'Sure Thing Underdog' four can compete for bragging rights for either you or me in Week #13.

    Deal?

    gb
    OK, on the basis that they're at home i'll pick the Jags +3
  7. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    01 Dec '11 20:29
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Hi, Shorty. Never realized the air in the Sports Forum is really fresh air compared with that other unventilated popular forum. How about getting a dog (no pun intended) into the hunt by giving Trev and yours truly your list of four underdogs (with morning lines) for Week #13. Top Prize... Bragging Rights for one week. First game's tonight.

    gb
    Ok,

    I will take the following:

    Jets -3 against Washington

    Ravens -6.5 against Cleveland

    Green Bay -7 against the NY Giants

    Titans +1 against Buffalo
  8. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    01 Dec '11 21:43
    2011 NFL Week #13 Bragging Rights Competition


    Trev: Lions +9.0, Denver +2.0, Titans +3.0, Jags and +3.0

    Shorty: Jets -3.0, Ravens -6.5, GB -7.0 and Titans +1.0

    Grampy: Wash + 3.5, Cleve + 6.5, Ariz + 4.5, NYG + 6.5


    ................................ ......................................
  9. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    01 Dec '11 22:40
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]2011 NFL Week #13 Bragging Rights Competition


    Trev: Lions +9.0, Denver +2.0, Titans +3.0, Jags and +3.0

    Shorty: Jets -3.0, Ravens -6.5, GB -7.0 and Titans +1.0

    Grampy: Wash + 3.5, Cleve + 6.5, Ariz + 4.5, NYG + 6.5


    ................................ ...................................... [/b]
    Wait a minute.....

    Why does Trevor get +3 with the Titans, when the spread is +1 ?
  10. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    01 Dec '11 23:07 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Wait a minute.....

    Why does Trevor get +3 with the Titans, when the spread is +1 ?
    "So my underdog picks -trev

    Lions +9
    Denver +2
    Titans +3"

    Gave it thought earlier and concluded that we each made our selections based on fav/dog morning lines available to us at the time from quite different casino sources. With 10OC for example he got +3 while I got +1.5 and you have +1.0. Only fair rule is for each of us to have the option of using our own line or another members line (which is silly since identical picks will be in play with weekly ties the result) or go with a different game fav or dog. If you or trev see a simpler solution, please sing out.

    Note: I'm sticking with my four dogs no matter what you guys do.

    gb
  11. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    01 Dec '11 23:18 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "So my underdog picks -trev

    Lions +9
    Denver +2
    [b]Titans +3"


    Gave it thought earlier and concluded that we each made our selections based on fav/dog morning lines available to us at the time from quite different casino sources. With 10OC for example he got +3 while I got +1.5 and you have +1.0. Only fair rule is for each of us to have the ...[text shortened]... , please sing out.

    Note: I'm sticking with my four dogs no matter what you guys do.

    gb[/b]
    I want Trev's 3 points. LOL

    BTW, was the idea to pick against the spread, or to pick dogs who will beat the spread?
  12. 01 Dec '11 23:44
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I want Trev's 3 points. LOL

    BTW, was the idea to pick against the spread, or to pick dogs who will beat the spread?
    OK you can have my +3 and i'll take +4

    I believe the idea was to pick dogs to beat the spread...
  13. 01 Dec '11 23:48
    BTW i was getting by handicaps from paddypower.com

    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/american-football
  14. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    02 Dec '11 00:30
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I want Trev's 3 points. LOL

    BTW, was the idea to pick against the spread, or to pick dogs who will beat the spread?
    Initially both trev and I recognized the thread's title and revealed our four (4)underdog picks. You introduced favorites.

    Decided flexibility would keep the peace. Up to you two. When you can, please weld your four picks in place. Thanks.

    gb
  15. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    03 Dec '11 16:31
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]2011 NFL Week #13 Bragging Rights Competition


    Trev: Lions +9.0, Denver +2.0, Titans +3.0, Jags and +3.0

    Shorty: Jets -3.0, Ravens -6.5, GB -7.0 and Titans +1.0

    Grampy: Wash + 3.5, Cleve + 6.5, Ariz + 4.5, NYG + 6.5


    ................................ ...................................... [/b]
    Assume everybody's picks are firm. Sunday Morning's Coming Down soon, with or without Johnny Cash.

    gb