1. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 14:35
    It seems Sky have cottoned on to the fact that extra hype and ratings can be had from having the 'big 4' play each other on the same day - this weekend will be the 2nd this season and 3rd including the one last season. Methinks there will be many more in the future, with Sky constantly reinforcing the idea of a 'big 4' mini-league to try and make it all exciting for neutrals.

Anyway, predictions?
    ManU - loss, Arsenal - loss, Chelsea - loss, LFC - win

=>

1 Man Utd 67
    2 Arsena 67
    3 Chelsea 64
    4 Liverpool 62

Liverpool back in the title race and Everton relegated.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 16:15
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Arsenal - loss, Chelsea - loss
    Err... We're talking about GSS, right?
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 16:27
    It seems Sky have cottoned on to the fact that extra hype and ratings can be had from having the 'big 4' play each other on the same day - this weekend will be the 2nd this season and 3rd including the one last season. Methinks there will be many more in the future, with Sky constantly reinforcing the idea of a 'big 4' mini-league to try and make it all ...[text shortened]... Chelsea 64
    4 Liverpool 62

..now i wonder how the computer manages to get the top 4 play each other on the same sunday...(twice this season)
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 16:43
    It seems Sky have cottoned on to the fact that extra hype and ratings can be had from having the 'big 4' play each other on the same day - this weekend will be the 2nd this season and 3rd including the one last season. Methinks there will be many more in the future, with Sky constantly reinforcing the idea of a 'big 4' mini-league to try and make it all ...[text shortened]... Chelsea 64
    4 Liverpool 62

How can Arsenal lose and Chelsea lose???

Mind you, anything's possible with the Premier League rules - I'm still (yes still!) smarting over their interpretation of the rules governing unregistered/unsigned players!!!!
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 16:55
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Err... We're talking about GSS, right?
    Going by previous RHP users' footy predictions, I'd say my prediction is in the 'more probable' category. I'm looking at you, Mr 'Sunderland will be the surprise package of the season' Ragnorak.
  6. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 16:57
    Originally posted by spurs73
    ..now i wonder how the computer manages to get the top 4 play each other on the same sunday...(twice this season)
    Hint: the right-hand side of the equation is '= Most Vacation Spending Cash for Sky Board of Directors'
  7. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 16:58
    Originally posted by blade68

Mind you, anything's possible with the Premier League rules - I'm still (yes still!) smarting over their interpretation of the rules governing unregistered/unsigned players!!!!
    your still smarting over relegation!!!!!!
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 16:58

Even if one of them wins, football is the loser.
  9. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 17:10
    Originally posted by dicky
    your still smarting over relegation!!!!!!
    Not relegation as such... more how relegation was 'masterminded' by The Premier big-wigs...
  10. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 17:16
    Even if one of them wins, football is the loser.
    I thought that only the Blue side of the Mersey were bitter!!!!!
    We've (Arsenal) have got you 3 times in almost as many days, I can't see you getting much of them.....
  11. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 17:28
    Originally posted by dicky
    I thought that only the Blue side of the Mersey were bitter!!!!!
    We've (Arsenal) have got you 3 times in almost as many days, I can't see you getting much of them.....
    Surely you should be a Reading fan?

Unless you were born in North London.... and then you should be a Spurs fan!!!

😉
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 18:01
    Going by previous RHP users' footy predictions, I'd say my prediction is in the 'more probable' category. I'm looking at you, Mr 'Sunderland will be the surprise package of the season' Ragnorak.
    I got that one right! I think that was from the same post where I predicted Spurs would be the biggest underachievers. And the same post where I predicted United to finish ahead of Chelsea to finish ahead of Arsenal.

My predictions for the weekend. Chelsea to beat Arsenal pretty easily, albeit only by an odd goal due to Chelsea's defensive nature.

United to also win, although this will be a much tougher game than Chelsea's.

Tonight could be very interesting. If Chelsea win tonight, I see them as United's main rival in the run in.

D
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 18:09
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I got that one right! I think that was from the same post where I predicted Spurs would be the biggest underachievers. And the same post where I predicted United to finish ahead of Chelsea to finish ahead of Arsenal.
    Sunderland are the surprise package? The only reason why they aren't in relegation zone is because Bolton tanked. Since everybody knew that Derby wouldn't cut it and also that Fulham's squad is miserable, I don't see how that prediction can be said to be "right".

Spurs have already achieved a cup title. Is that underachieving? Depends where you set the bar for Spurs. In the league, they're certainly underachieving. In their season, I don't agree.

The rest is still up for grabs...
  14. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 18:27
    Surely you should be a Reading fan?

Unless you were born in North London.... and then you should be a Spurs fan!!!

😉
    apprently Dicky is a Reading season holder who supports Arsenal!🙄
  15. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 18:29
    4 Liverpool 62

Man U to beat Liverpool 3-1
    Arsenal...1 Chelsea ...2

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree