1. LA
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 05:031 edit
    What a great night for British football.

All the talk has been of the Premiership falling behind the Italian and Spanish leagues.

We'll you have to admit its great to see Chelsea come back and beat Valencia in Spain.

Also Celtic scoring a last minute winner against the mighty AC Milan is the stuff of legends.

Yesterday we had Manchester United beating a strong Roma side.
    Wayne Rooney scoring the winner again against the Italians at the Theatre of Dreams.

Arsenal topping their group with maximum points.

And Rangers winning 3-0 against Lyon 6 times champions in France.

Hopefully the cream of British football can maintain these levels of performance and we may even end up with an all British final.
  2. Chalk Village
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 11:57
    Yes a good night....

3 things to spoil it a bit

The fan at Celtic will cost them the match

Liverpool (oops)

Arsenal are not 'British' anymore they are a foreign club in our league..all the same well done all
  3. LA
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 12:54
    Originally posted by carjam
    Yes a good night....

3 things to spoil it a bit

Liverpool (oops)

Arsenal are not 'British' anymore they are a foreign club in our league..all the same well done all
    3 things spoil it a bit:-

The fan at Celtic lost it:
    I believe that AC Milan have announced that they will not make a complaint about the incident, which s very decent of them.
    What the fan did was completely out of order and Celtic should be punished for it but Dida was a disgrace the way he dived and pretended he was hurt.

Liverpool (oops):
    Fair result on the night and if Liverpool fans are going to boo off their team every time they lose then I don't have a problem with the result.
    What ever happened to 'You'll never walk alone?".

Arsenal not British:
    The team and even squad hardly has a British player but they play in the Primiership, so they represent the quaility of Premiership football.
    Real Madrid don't have many Spanish players and Liverpool haven't bought or developed a decent English player for years, so its just a sign of the times.
    Arsenal play very attractive football and developed many of their players from raw talent so you have to admire that.

So overall I think the rest of Europe will be wary of British teams this season, we had a great week with the likes of AC Milan, Roma, Valencia and Lyon all getting beat by British teams.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 16:421 edit
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    The team and even squad hardly has a British player but they play in the Primiership, so they represent the quaility of Premiership football.
    Celtic and Rangers don't play in the Premiership.
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    04 Oct '07 17:48

Arsenal not British:
    Real Madrid don't have many Spanish players and Liverpool haven't bought or developed a decent English player for years, so its just a sign of the times.
    Arsenal play very attractive football and developed many of their players from raw talent so you have to admire that.
    I have to agree with carjam... I don't consider Arsenal to be British. I'll root for al the other sides when they play against French/German/Spanish/Italian sides - but I won't root for Arsenal.

Yes, they have developed their own young players, but they're all foreign as well!

I'd like to see the 3 foreigner rule brought back in to force... it would mean that only the creme of foreign talent plays here, and would give our own English/Scottish youngsters an opportunity... thereby strengthening the national teams.
  6. LA
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 07:42
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Celtic and Rangers don't play in the Premiership.
    I think you need to improve your English.

The title of the thread is Great night for British Football.
    Celtic and Rangers are British teams.

The Premiership is a British league.

So the Premiership is a subset of British football that has been criticised recently in comparison to Italian and Spanish leagues.

Do you understand?

Hello.
  7. LA
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 07:51
    Originally posted by blade68
    I have to agree with carjam... I don't consider Arsenal to be British. I'll root for al the other sides when they play against French/German/Spanish/Italian sides - but I won't root for Arsenal.

Yes, they have developed their own young players, but they're all foreign as well!

I'd like to see the 3 foreigner rule brought back in to force... it would me ...[text shortened]... own English/Scottish youngsters an opportunity... thereby strengthening the national teams.
    I know what you mean, but where do you draw the line?

Arsenal - You don't consider them to be British.
    Ok, I can relate to that.

What about:-
    -Liverpool?
    -Chleski?
    -Manchester United?

Also when I think of Barcelona, I think of:-
    - Ronaldinho, Henry, Messi, Eto Maybe two of them can Speak Spanish.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 08:15
    Originally posted by carjam
    That fan should be banned for life.

Dida should be banned for bringing the game into disrepute.

D
  9. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 08:25
    I know what you mean, but where do you draw the line?

Arsenal - You don't consider them to be British.
    Ok, I can relate to that.

What about:-
    -Liverpool?
    -Chleski?
    -Manchester United?

Also when I think of Barcelona, I think of:-
    - Ronaldinho, Henry, Messi, Eto Maybe two of them can Speak Spanish.
    I have no problem with Liverpool (Carragher, Gerrard, Crouch), ManYoo (Scholes, Rooney, Ferdinand, Giggs - say what you want, he's English!), or Chelsea (J.Cole, A.Cole, Lampard, Terry).... and as for Barcelona, they don't concern me directly - I'll leave the Catalan public to do their own complaining!
  10. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 18:49
    3 things spoil it a bit:-

The fan at Celtic lost it:
    I believe that AC Milan have announced that they will not make a complaint about the incident, which s very decent of them.
    What the fan did was completely out of order and Celtic should be punished for it but Dida was a disgrace the way he dived and pretended he was hurt.

Liverpool (oop ...[text shortened]... eek with the likes of AC Milan, Roma, Valencia and Lyon all getting beat by British teams.
    I agree that it was a total disgrace what that Celtic 'fan' did and would not want to condone it any way, but I have to say what a total pratt and wimp that guy was to fall over, the whole world must have been laughing at him when they saw that. Is that typical of how they behave in Italy, don't they have any pride at all?
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 05:221 edit
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    I agree that it was a total disgrace what that Celtic 'fan' did and would not want to condone it any way, but I have to say what a total pratt and wimp that guy was to fall over, the whole world must have been laughing at him when they saw that. Is that typical of how they behave in Italy, don't they have any pride at all?
    DIDA is Brazilan not Italian!

Do ppl remember Rivaldo in the Brazil .v. Turkey game in WC 2002
  12. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 09:562 edits
    Originally posted by spurs73

Yeah I know but he plays in Italy, and I assume he adopts to the local way of behaving or perhaps he is just a total pratt that the italians laugh at every week?

Is that the one near the corner flag when he wasn't even touched near his face but fell to the ground in agony clutching his face, my memory is fading I may have got the exact nature of it wrong but the general gist correct? That was hilarious they should make a tv programme to entertain us with these clips, maybe the public could then vote on the football wimp of the year.
  13. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 11:131 edit
    Originally posted by spurs73

Despite the fact that you are a Spurs fan I thought you might like to see how a man would deal with the situation (I refer to you being a Spurs fan cos this is a video of an ex Arsenal keeper dealing with 2 fans attacking him during a game hopefully you can set aside your probable hatred of Arsenal for a moment):
    YouTube

Edit: Here is the Rivaldo link I'm not sure which one is worst, they are both pathetic wimps YouTube
  14. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 16:17
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Despite the fact that you are a Spurs fan I thought you might like to see how a man would deal with the situation (I refer to you being a Spurs fan cos this is a video of an ex Arsenal keeper dealing with 2 fans attacking him during a game hopefully you can set aside your probable hatred of Arsenal for a moment):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxChycLh3k ...[text shortened]... ure which one is worst, they are both pathetic wimps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbIDlanGlm0
    LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree