1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 20:04
    england winning the rugby in 2003 was pretty good, but i think my greatest was either watching owen score in the 98 world cup or england beating holland 4-1 in 96.... sweet memories
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 20:14
    Joe Carter hitting a walk-off three run home run in Game 6 of the '93 World Series to give the Toronto Blue Jays their second MLB Championship.

I was 14 at the time and about 20 of us teenagers were all watching the game on a small 20" TV in a church in North Bay, Ontario. When Carter hit the home run, all of us became hysterical. It was as if it was the Pentecost in that church.

Great memory.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 20:46
    1978 The Yankees and the Red Sox were tied at end of the year and there was a one game. Yankee ace Ron Guidry won his 25th, 9th hitter Bucky Dent hit a big 3 run homer and Hall of Famer Rich "Goose" Gossage got the save when Yaz popped up to end it.
  4. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 21:05
    Watched: Barnet's win at Fisher Athletic get us into the Football League

Listened to: Brian Johnston and John Arlott in long hot 70's summers describing England's cricket team whilst travelling around the canals of the UK
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 21:351 edit
    SPURS...5 ARSENAL 1 😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵

No i would say the 1988 100m final, when johnson ran 9.77. amazing and beat Lewis. That was a great sporting moment for me.

Then coming home two days later, turning on the TV and hearing Johnson had been found positive for storied.
  6. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '08 21:41
    Steve Redgrave et al winning gold at the 2000 Olympics.
  7. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 02:24
    I have 3, so I will name them:

1. Cricket World Cup Semi Final in 1999: South Africa have the game as good as won (scores level) and they take a suicide run in panic, Australia takes the last wicket to tie the game! Unbelieveable. Australia go through to the final after wininng their previous match against S.A.

2. Australian Football. 1999: My team Carlton beating arch-rival and hot favourite Essendon by 1 point in the preliminary final. All the cocky Essendon supports were so confident before and so miserable after the loss - lovely memories!

3. NBA Eastern Conference Final: 1993: Chicago Bulls up by 1 point in the dying seconds when New York has the ball under the basket, desperately trying to score. A miss or 2, some blocks and some intense excitement led to the Bulls hanging on.. the Bulls players danced off the court winners leaving the stunned New York crowd and players to ponder what the hell just happened.. Good stuff!
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 02:50
    YouTube

To add some historical perspective to this, this was about the time of the Fischer-Spassky match. I was a teenager when this even happened and it was truly incredible to behold even without the political drama.
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 05:48
    World Series

Kirk Gibson could barely even walk, yet comes out as a pinch hitter against the best closer pitcher in the game Denis Eckersley and incredibly hits a one-handed homerun into the left field bleachers.

(and the Joe Carter walk-off World Series winning homerun ranks just behind the Gretzky to Lemieux goal against the USSR to win the Canada Cup as my best Canadian team sport moment)
  10. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 07:42
    For me it has to be The Blades winning 5-2 at Leicester City on the final day of the 89/90 season to secure promotion to the top flight (then called Division 1...) It had been a long 14 year wait!
    Deane and Agana running riot, and over 12,000 awayday Blades in a 21,000 crowd - luminous yellow shirts everywhere!
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 12:14
    Scott Gibbs' try and Neil Jenkins' conversion in the final minute at Wembley in 1999. Wales 32 England 31. No Grand Slam for England. Glorious sunshine. Free beers all night in a pub in Willesden Green.

... and I was there.
  12. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 00:061 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Joe Carter hitting a walk-off three run home run in Game 6 of the '93 World Series to give the Toronto Blue Jays their second MLB Championship.

I was 14 at the time and about 20 of us teenagers were all watching the game on a small 20" TV in a church in North Bay, Ontario. When Carter hit the home run, all of us became hysterical. It was as if it was the Pentecost in that church.

Great memory.
    I prefer the 91 playoff series between the Twins and Jays much better.

I had money on the Phillies in 93. When Joe hit that homer, I slammed my fist on the coffee table and broke it. My wife will never let me forget it.

But the question concerned a moment - "Do you believe in miracles? YES!"
  13. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 01:14
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I prefer the 91 playoff series between the Twins and Jays much better.

I had money on the Phillies in 93. When Joe hit that homer, I slammed my fist on the coffee table and broke it. My wife will never let me forget it.

But the question concerned a moment - "Do you believe in miracles? YES!"
    Giants Super Bowl run. All other event take a back seat. I mean ALL

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree