1. Standard memberobliteration
    Net Preneur
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 02:20
    Hatton in 4, go Hatton!!
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 09:53
    Ricky isn't as prolific infront of goal as old Bob was though!
  3. CA, USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 10:16
    Hatton is going to bleed a lot, look stupid slow .. and then lose.
    He'll look like he's moving in slow motion. This one won't be close, it's a simple payday for Mayweather.
    It'll be stopped in the middle rounds when Hatton can't see through the blood in his eyes.
  4. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 11:27
    Originally posted by jammer
    Hatton is going to bleed a lot, look stupid slow .. and then lose.
    He'll look like he's moving in slow motion. This one won't be close, it's a simple payday for Mayweather.
    It'll be stopped in the middle rounds when Hatton can't see through the blood in his eyes.
    Mayweather wont know whats hit him. I predict Hatton to work the body and slow mayweather down. Then simple easy pickings. Hatton will be far too strong for mayweather in the closing rounds and I'm going for Hatton in 10.... Go Ricky
  5. CA, USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 11:37
    Originally posted by dicky
    Mayweather wont know whats hit him. I predict Hatton to work the body and slow mayweather down. Then simple easy pickings. Hatton will be far too strong for mayweather in the closing rounds and I'm going for Hatton in 10.... Go Ricky
    Have you seen Mayweather?
    He's 'pound for pound' the best in the world right now. This is a tune-up fight/easy money for Mayweather.
    They send one of these hard-headed bleeders over here every decade or so .. and he always goes home in stiches.

Way too slow. He'll be a punching bag.

On the other hand .. they DO fix fights all the time and this would be a good spot for the 'bigs' to cash in.
    Lucky punch KO, rematch, big $$$
  6. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 12:43
    Have you seen Mayweather?
    He's 'pound for pound' the best in the world right now. This is a tune-up fight/easy money for Mayweather.
    They send one of these hard-headed bleeders over here every decade or so .. and he always goes home in stiches.

Way too slow. He'll be a punching bag.

On the other hand .. they DO fix fights all the time and this would be a good spot for the 'bigs' to cash in.
    Lucky punch KO, rematch, big $$$
    Have you seen Hatton????? ....and yes watched Mayweather a few times and thought he was very lucky against DeLa Hoya last time....
    Hatton can hit hard and dont label him with the others we send over.. Hatton is the real deal man...
    No doubt Mayweather has the speed and agility but promise he's never been hit as hard before...
    Definate Hatton victory inside the distance..
  7. England
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 13:151 edit
    Hatton was very poor last time he went up a weight and that was against a very average Luis Collazo. He's proved me wrong in the past but I think Mayweather is a step to far for him.
  8. Joined
    06 Oct '02
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 02:17
    This will be an interesting fight. Hatton will be a lot harder to discourage than the other guys who have tried to pressure Floyd, who typically stop throwing and get frustrated that they cant hit him. Typically counter-punchers versus pressure fighters are the most exciting fights, although I dont see this one being action packed, unless you count Hatton hugging while Mayweather tries to elbow him in the throat as action.
  9. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 07:46
    Hatton will not be outclassed neither will he be "too strong" for Mayweather. It should be a good fight, Hatton on the front foot, Mayweather on the counter with a few macho trade offs thrown in.

Mayweather on points.
  10. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 11:38
    Originally posted by Caba
    Hatton was very poor last time he went up a weight and that was against a very average Luis Collazo. He's proved me wrong in the past but I think Mayweather is a step to far for him.
    He will be fighting at his current weight in the higher weight div, if that makes sense.

He (and his team) know that carrying extra weight will hinder him so decided not to bother bulking up, yet they're still confident he'll take Mayweather despite this difference.
  11. England
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 12:37
    Originally posted by rhb
    He will be fighting at his current weight in the higher weight div, if that makes sense.

He (and his team) know that carrying extra weight will hinder him so decided not to bother bulking up, yet they're still confident he'll take Mayweather despite this difference.
    I quite agree, Hatton won't be bulking up just because he's going up a division. The problem is he's fighting someone who is much more at home at welterweight, bigger, more powerful etc. If the fight goes past 7/8 rounds this could really start to tell. If you look at the Collazo fight Hatton had nothing left in the last few rounds and was lucky not to get knocked out.

So for me Hatton's got to finish this in the first half of the fight or he's had it against someone of Mayweather's class. I can't see him winning though 🙁

Then again I said he had no chance against Tszyu so what the hell do I know 😛
  12. Joined
    06 Oct '02
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 20:41
    Hatton's problem moving up classes wasnt the weight in my opinion, last I heard his "walking around weight" is something like 180. I think it has more to do with him being only 5'6, and as he moves up he will be fighting taller, rangier guys like Collazzo. Mayweather is pretty small for a welter, so I dont think he will have a size advantage, but he does have a longer reach.
  13. England
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 21:48
    Originally posted by mcreynolds
    Hatton's problem moving up classes wasnt the weight in my opinion, last I heard his "walking around weight" is something like 180. I think it has more to do with him being only 5'6, and as he moves up he will be fighting taller, rangier guys like Collazzo. Mayweather is pretty small for a welter, so I dont think he will have a size advantage, but he does have a longer reach.
    Yeah, Hatton's well known for scoffing lots of pies when not in training.
    True, Mayweather's not the biggest welterweight (he's fought as low as lightweight) but he is taller than Hatton and his reach is significantly more as you mentioned. Lets not forget his last outing was at lightmiddle so even if he's not a big welterweight he's a bloody powerful one.

I just hope it lives up to the hype.
  14. CA, USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 22:33
    Never seen Hatton fight, but i've seen Mayweather several times. He's like a mini-Ali, very fast and very cocky. Being as Hatton is a Brit (is he?) I assume he's another thin-skinned bleeder.
    I expect Mayweather will stay on the outside and just cut the guy up until he can't see through the blood .. that's what he usually does anyway.
    Mayweather is probably the best defensive fighter around. I see it as an easy payday for Mayweather. Expect a lot of blood.
  15. England
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 22:51
    Never seen Hatton fight
    ! 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree