1. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Tough to when Goodall had all the film from previous seasons submitted by the Pats to the commissioner's office destroyed. At any rate, you admitted they cheated in prior years last page!

EDIT: Phlab: He [Mangini] ran and snitched on something he'd been [b]involved in with the Pats
    [/b]
    allegedly involved. Some say he went rogue and was solely responsible for all misdeeds the Pats are accused of.
  2. Under Cover
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 05:35
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What a couple of liars; obviously you're rooting for the right team.
    Still can't handle that the Pats are better than your team, eh? (whoever your team is, since the Pats are better than ANY other team this year).

Like I said, Belichik took his 10 yards, it's over. Only a true clown would persist in this ridiculous temper tantrum against the Patriots for being the truly great team that they are.
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 05:47
    The Pats are a pretty good team.

I have to believe they would have won at least one of those Suepr Bowls even without the cheating.
  4. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 07:03
    Originally posted by Red Night

I have to believe they would have won at least one of those Suepr Bowls even without the cheating.
    Lol!! Ohh, that's harsh. 😀
  5. Under Cover
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 07:341 edit
    Originally posted by Red Night

Show me where they won any of them due to cheating...

(Is there something in the rules which specifically addresses snow removal?)
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 07:37
    Originally posted by Maxwell Smart
    Show me where they won any of them due to cheating...

(Is there something in the rules which specifically addresses snow removal?)
    The Pats were busted for cheating, get over it!!
  7. Under Cover
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 07:43
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    The Pats were busted for cheating, get over it!!
    Nice try. Next time, take a couple of minutes to read the thread.

As I have stated numerous times: Belichik took his 10 yards. It's over, so get over it.

An unclear interpretation of a videotaping rule, which Belichik paid the fine on without appealing (!) doesn't make the Patriots cheaters. Most teams have (and continue to) taped. They all access footage from other teams. Just becuase your sorry teams can't win doesn't discredit the wins that the Pats have attained, and by the way, they are still undefeated since the alleged cheating incident.

Go ahead, explain that big mouth.
  8. Donationrichjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    Walking on sunshine
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 09:42
    I don't see what the big fuss is - if you're allowed to bring snowplows or amplify your crowd noise with the PA, why such an uproar about a camcorder?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 13:35
    The fact that the Patriots had to be punished means that they are cheaters. I am not sure what, other than erasing facts, can change this reality.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 14:19
    Originally posted by jofaz
    The fact that the Patriots had to be punished means that they are cheaters. I am not sure what, other than erasing facts, can change this reality.
    They were busted recording a video they NEVER SAW

They crushed Jets without it.

They crushed everyone else without it.

You don't think these teams are smart enough to switch signs game to game, and even half to half? Give me a break.

NE Pats are the greatest team, as Don Shula... he was smart enough to realize he was WRONG about them.

P-
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 14:20
    Originally posted by richjohnson
    I don't see what the big fuss is - if you're allowed to bring snowplows or amplify your crowd noise with the PA, why such an uproar about a camcorder?
    Once NFL realized teams were pumping sound, they told them to stop. No one has been busted doing it after that to my knowledge.

If they were, they cheated... that doesn't make them cheats for life if they stop.

P-
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 14:23
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Once NFL realized teams were pumping sound, they told them to stop. No one has been busted doing it after that to my knowledge.

If they were, they cheated... that doesn't make them cheats for life if they stop.

P-
    actually it is untrue. If you were convicted of rape you are a rapist even if you stop. If you are convicted of murder you are a murder even if you only murdered once. The NFL destroyed the tapes and refused to indicate how long the Patriots had been doing this activity. Once you are convicted of cheating you are a cheater.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 14:361 edit
    actually it is untrue. If you were convicted of rape you are a rapist even if you stop. If you are convicted of murder you are a murder even if you only murdered once. The NFL destroyed the tapes and refused to indicate how long the Patriots had been doing this activity. Once you are convicted of cheating you are a cheater.
    I only feel that way about a rapist or murderer if they were not caught, or are on trial and the evidence seems overwhelming, or they are serving time.

Once they've done their time / paid their debt they are not murderers or rapists.

Example:

"hear about the guy who moved in up the street? He was convicted of rape years ago and went to jail."

He was a rapist.

vs.

"Hear about the guy up the road? I believe he's a rapist! They came and took him away after a woman was raped and turned him it. Doesn't look good, he's going to jail".

He's probably a rapist.

vs.

"Dude! I saw that guy rape a woman! I hit him over the head with a log and called 911."

Also, you can see some of the tapes at youtube. Someone leaked them to Fox NFL. There is no way they were destroyed, although you probably can't find them in their entirety.

P-
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 14:37
    Also, comparing video of a NFL team to Rape and Murder makes you an idiot. Just thought I'd let you know.

P-
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '07 14:39
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Also, comparing video of a NFL team to Rape and Murder makes you an idiot. Just thought I'd let you know.

P-
    You're right. People are way more upset over the video than they are the rape and murders.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree