1. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Phlab: They all do it, it's common knowledge.

BS. And you know it.
    Ex-MIAMI coach Jimmy Johnson said it is common knowledge that all the teams do it.
    Are you saying he is lying?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:34
    Phlab: They all do it, it's common knowledge.

BS. And you know it.
    Perhaps you need to spend a bit more time listening to sports radio. Teams constantly monitor the other teams signal with their eyes or film. The Jets were doing the same thing last year and the Pats asked them to move. Nothing more.

Jets took it to the next level by involving the NFL.

Did you know that Eric Mangini used to work with Bill? Do you think he was blind to what the Pats were doing? Why did it become a problem when he went to the Jets? Why did he still do it as a Jet, and why was his camera man asked to move?

He pulled sour grapes on the situation. He ran and snitched on something he'd been involved in with the Pats, and with his Jets.

P-
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:37
    Originally posted by Doctor Rat
    Ex-MIAMI coach Jimmy Johnson said it is common knowledge that all the teams do it.
    Are you saying he is lying?
    Yes, if he said that ALL teams are using sideline cameras to tape the signals given by coaches, he's lying (I guarantee you he said no such thing).
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:38
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Perhaps you need to spend a bit more time listening to sports radio. Teams constantly monitor the other teams signal with their eyes or film. The Jets were doing the same thing last year and the Pats asked them to move. Nothing more.

Did you know that Eric Mangini used to work with Bill? Do you ...[text shortened]... He ran and snitched on something he'd been involved in with the Pats, and with his Jets.

P-
    IF the Pats were doing it before when Mangini was working for them, then their Super Bowls wins ARE tainted.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:402 edits
    Yes, if he said that ALL teams are using sideline cameras to tape the signals given by coaches, he's lying (I guarantee you he said no such thing).
    I saw him say it. It was on the Fox Sunday pre-game. I can't say that I heard Bill Parcells or Mike Ditka say the same thing on ESPN though. And I sure as hell didn't hear Tony Dungy say that every team does it.

Personally, I think Jimmy was talking out his [censored] in saying what he did.
  6. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:41
    I tell you, those lying ex-Miami Dolphins coaches are really starting to burn me! They haven't been able to be trusted since '69.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:41
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

Did you know that Eric Mangini used to work with Bill? Do you ...[text shortened]... He ran and snitched on something he'd been involved in with the Pats, and with his Jets.

P-
    In this case, you should probably listen to a bit less of sports radio. Especially if it's Boston sports radio.

"He pulled sour grapes on the situation. He ran and snitched on something he'd been involved in with the Pats, and with his Jets."

Doesn't make it right, Phlab!
  8. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:48
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I saw him say it. It was on the CBS Sunday pre-game. I can't say that I heard Bill Parcells or Mike Ditka say the same thing on ESPN though. And I sure as hell didn't hear Tony Dungy say that every team does it.

Personally, I think Jimmy was talking out his [censored] in saying what he did.
    Yeah, and before Jose Canseco's expose started the Roid-A-Palooza in MLB, everyone said he was full of it, too.

The point that Pats-haters need to be skewered upon is... you can't self-servingly pick a coach you want to believe just because it condemns that Pats, then ignore another coach just because he supports what the Pats have been saying all along. Pats-haters can't believe that Patriots have obviously been cheating forever because of all the coaches accusations (Packers, Eagles and NYJ come to mind) of signal-stealing and frequency-fiddling, and then stick their head in the sand when another coach has the courage to speak out and say that the other teams do it too. This convient logical flip-flopping shows Pats-haters are clearly biased because the Pats are WINNERs and their teams are LOOSERS!!1!
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:511 edit
    Yeah, and before Jose Canseco's expose started the Roid-A-Palooza in MLB, everyone said he was full of it, too.

The point that Pats-haters need to be skewered upon is... you can't self-servingly pick a coach you want to believe just because it condemns that Pats, then ignore another coach just because he supports what the Pats have been saying all alon s Pats-haters are clearly biased because the Pats are WINNERs and their teams are LOOSERS!!1!
    I stand corrected; apparently Jimmy Johnson, Belachick's fishing buddy, actually did say something like this (but that it was "a common practice" NOT "that all the teams do it"😉.

The Pats remain convicted cheaters. And if what Phlab says is true, they've been cheaters for a long time. Whether someone else cheated or not doesn't matter one bit.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:52

The point that Pats-haters need to be skewered upon is... you can't self-servingly pick a coach you want to believe just because it condemns that Pats, then ignore another coach just because he supports what the Pats have been saying all alon ...[text shortened]... s Pats-haters are clearly biased because the Pats are WINNERs and their teams are LOOSERS!!1!
    All this emotional blathering of yours is irrelevant.

There are rules and the breaking of those rules to get an advantage is called cheating.

What more does one need to know? 😕
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:551 edit

There are rules and the breaking of those rules to get an advantage is called cheating.

I can imagine what Pat fans would be saying if the Colts (rather than the Patriots) had been caught doing the same thing in week one of this season; ya think they might be claiming that Indy cheated to beat the Pats in the AFC Championship game last year?
  12. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:58

My classical Horns of a Dilemma rebuttal is blathering?
    The depths to which you Pats-haters will go to prove your bag of agricultural fertilizer doesn't stink, sheesh.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:59
    In this case, you should probably listen to a bit less of sports radio. Especially if it's Boston sports radio.

"He pulled sour grapes on the situation. He ran and snitched on something he'd been involved in with the Pats, and with his Jets."

Doesn't make it right, Phlab!
    I didn't say it was right... but people seem to over look the fact that Pats were punished just like any other team.

Either those teams are still cheats, or the Pats served their time for the crime.

You can't have cake and eat it too if you want to treat the Pats as cheats for life.

P-
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 16:00
    I can imagine what Pat fans would be saying if the Colts (rather than the Patriots) had been caught doing the same thing in week one of this season; ya think they might be claiming that Indy cheated to beat the Pats in the AFC Championship game last year?
    I wouldn't... Pats got tired... gave up. They were stupid to use their cell phones in the locker to brag about their victory when the game wasn't over.

If you can score near 40 in a half, the other team can do the same.

P-
  15. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 16:00
    Pats fans let the play on the field do their talking for them.

Go Patriots! Go Team America!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree