1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 02:37
    ...Dave Bush, the starting pitcher for the Brewers on Saturday. The difference between me and him now is that he made it to the majors 😠 And has a ton more cash.

I hate my stupid shoulder 😠
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 03:321 edit
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    ...Dave Bush, the starting pitcher for the Brewers on Saturday. The difference between me and him now is that he made it to the majors 😠 And has a ton more cash.

was this on a video game? i remember the old school baseball games were the best. baseball video games now have too much added to them, its not really the sport to do a bunch of addons to. ASB 2002, ASB 2004, and MVP 2005 were awsome. maybe after 05 it went too far.
  3. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 03:58
    Originally posted by irontigran
    was this on a video game? i remember the old school baseball games were the best. baseball video games now have too much added to them, its not really the sport to do a bunch of addons to. ASB 2002, ASB 2004, and MVP 2005 were awsome. maybe after 05 it went too far.
    i actually remember why i dont have MVP 05 anymore. one time when i was batting with some no name and try to hit for the cycle, i lined one good into right center. my guy only needed a triple, and i rounded second with fire. but then some glitch called my guy out at 3rd, in which i yelled FFFFFUUU%%%%%%% at the top of my lungs, jumped up on the couch, power elbowed it from a jump and land position. i was like a wrestling match. 😞
  4. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 03:44
    No, I played against him. I was actually a very good ballplayer until my injury. Not gonna talk bout where I played, don't need anyone looking up my bad stats 😛 Made a bit of a comeback in semi-pro leagues a few years ago. But now I re-live my glory days in the softball leagues.
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 07:291 edit
    No, I played against him. I was actually a very good ballplayer until my injury. Not gonna talk bout where I played, don't need anyone looking up my bad stats 😛 Made a bit of a comeback in semi-pro leagues a few years ago. But now I re-live my glory days in the softball leagues.
    this sounds like a thread of its own Pocketkings.

ppl we played against in school/sunday league etc who went on to make it big time in adult life.

When i was 16y my time in the 100m was faster then Linford Christies'
    - he went on to win Olympic, World, Commonwealth and European 100m gold medals!!!
  6. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 16:55
    oh, "i played semi-pro" come on now, .. either give us a name or fold 😉
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 17:23
    oh, "i played semi-pro" come on now, .. either give us a name or fold 😉
    I played semi-pro AFTER being injured, so think about where I may have been before that. Just thought it would be interesting to share, didn't know you would want my baseball bio or need to prove something.
    I think I made mention of this a few years ago and nobody had a problem believing it. It is possible for an athlete to enjoy chess, there are alot of good athletes around this site. Whether it was high school, college, professional, minor leagues or semi-pro, it doesn't matter.
  8. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 17:26
    Originally posted by spurs73
    this sounds like a thread of its own Pocketkings.

ppl we played against in school/sunday league etc who went on to make it big time in adult life.

When i was 16y my time in the 100m was faster then Linford Christies'
    - he went on to win Olympic, World, Commonwealth and European 100m gold medals!!!
    That's great, that's always something you can say.

And yea, more stories are certainly welcome in this thread 🙂
  9. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 17:30
    I played semi-pro AFTER being injured, so think about where I may have been before that. Just thought it would be interesting to share, didn't know you would want my baseball bio or need to prove something.
    I think I made mention of this a few years ago and nobody had a problem believing it. It is possible for an athlete to enjoy chess, there are alot ...[text shortened]... ether it was high school, college, professional, minor leagues or semi-pro, it doesn't matter.
    not that i dont believe it i just might tease you till you cough up the bio 😛
  10. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 17:35
    not that i dont believe it i just might tease you till you cough up the bio 😛
    I'm Jose Canseco, satisfied? 😉

It's not going to happen. But tease away if you want 😛
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 17:58
    I'm Jose Canseco, satisfied? 😉

It's not going to happen. But tease away if you want 😛
    Wait, you said you were an athlete!! 😕
  12. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 18:121 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Wait, you said you were an athlete!! 😕
    Funny story, I was hanging out at a place where Pat Burrell was, this was a few years ago (and no, I didn't play for the phillies 😛). We got to talking about my baseball career, and this was after I got hurt and was playing the semi-pro ball. After I finished the story he just looks at me and says, "Semi-pro? Isn't that where Jose Canseco is hiding out these days?" and had a good laugh. But he felt bad for me, although we both knew I wouldn't have made it to the show anyway 😛 He bought a few drinks and had a few more laughs before he left with two women. I saw him 2 years later and he didn't know who I was, how dare he 😉
  13. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 22:42

He just mowed the phillies down in the first inning. that jerk!
  14. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 02:151 edit
    He just mowed the phillies down in the first inning. that jerk!
    I say this on behalf of all the Brewers fan out there:

HA!

😉
  15. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 02:48
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    I say this on behalf of all the Brewers fan out there:

[b]HA!

😉[/b]
    It was disgusting the way that game went. It was hard to tell who the Brewers were playing because they weren't talked about at all. TBS is being just like ESPN. The Phillies get no credit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree