Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 02:49
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    I say this on behalf of all the Brewers fan out there:

[b]HA!

😉[/b]
    It's sad that I hit that pitcher but the Phillies couldn't.
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 03:081 edit
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    It's sad that I hit that pitcher but the Phillies couldn't.
    and its sad i accidentally hit ken shamrock (my training partner) too hard with a headbutt. i wont release my bio as youd all be angry at me for stopping an exciting fight 😉
  3. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 05:08
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    It was disgusting the way that game went. It was hard to tell who the Brewers were playing because they weren't talked about at all. TBS is being just like ESPN. The Phillies get no credit.
    The Phillies get plenty of credit. ESPN had a whole story devoted to Jamie Moyer today, among other things. The Victorino grand slam was well reported on, and game 1 was just boring, so nobody really got much credit. This game was pretty boring, too. A lot more hits, but the majority were singles.

Bush surprised me. He had been pitching better down the stretch, so I guess that just carried over. It's Suppan that's really going to be dangerous. Either he'll shut the Phils down, or he'll give up 10 runs over two innings. 😛

I really thought the Phillies were going to take it in the 9th. Man, I can't count how many times that has happened.

By the way, I was listening to game 1 on the radio the other day, and Bob Uecker gave Cole Hamels all kinds of credit, which he obviously deserved, if that helps. 😉

Tomorrow should be fun.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 14:25
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    The Phillies get plenty of credit. ESPN had a whole story devoted to Jamie Moyer today, among other things. The Victorino grand slam was well reported on, and game 1 was just boring, so nobody really got much credit. This game was pretty boring, too. A lot more hits, but the majority were singles.

Bush surprised me. He had been pitching better down ...[text shortened]... kinds of credit, which he obviously deserved, if that helps. 😉

Tomorrow should be fun.
    Bob Uecker is a gem. He has such a great wit to go along with a great knowledge of the game. He was funny as hell in Major Leagues too!!
    I just don't see the Phillies being denied twice more though. I also don't see the Phillies stopping the Dodgers.
  5. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 16:37
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Bob Uecker is a gem. He has such a great wit to go along with a great knowledge of the game. He was funny as hell in Major Leagues too!!
    I just don't see the Phillies being denied twice more though. I also don't see the Phillies stopping the Dodgers.
    I agree. After the National Anthem was sung during the 7th inning stretch, Uecker came on and said 'That version of the National Anthem was longer than the first 5 innings of this game', then made various other comments making fun of the performance 😛.

I pretty much agree. The Phillies have a great chance to wrap it up today. If that were to happen, though, that would only help the Dodgers as they'd be able to take the field again soon while they still have all this momentum. Fun stuff this year.

Think the Sox and Rays will clinch today?
  6. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 17:14
    Originally posted by irontigran
    and its sad i accidentally hit ken shamrock (my training partner) too hard with a headbutt. i wont release my bio as youd all be angry at me for stopping an exciting fight 😉
    yea yea blah blah 😉
  7. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 20:38
    Well done, Phillies. Good luck against the Dodgers. Should be a fun series to watch.
  8. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 20:43
    Originally posted by chinking58
    Well done, Phillies. Good luck against the Dodgers. Should be a fun series to watch.
    Sorry, that was me. Forgot my dad's account was still logged in.

Still, good job.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree