1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 19:00
    😛

A transgender golfer is challenging the LPGA's "female at birth" rule, claiming that it unfairly infringes upon her civil rights.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Golfer-challenges-LPGA-s-rule-you-have-to-be-bor?urn=golf-276806
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 03:18
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    😛

A transgender golfer is challenging the LPGA's "female at birth" rule, claiming that it unfairly infringes upon her civil rights.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Golfer-challenges-LPGA-s-rule-you-have-to-be-bor?urn=golf-276806
    I fail to see how this is a civil right. There is no right to play golf in our constitution. LPGA has the right to set its own rules. As long as LPGA does not impinge upon the golfer's right to be whatever he/she wants LPGA is right. LPGA has to protect the competitiveness of their league by disallowing genetic males the advantage of their greater musculature and power.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 14:31
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I fail to see how this is a civil right. There is no right to play golf in our constitution. LPGA has the right to set its own rules. As long as LPGA does not impinge upon the golfer's right to be whatever he/she wants LPGA is right. LPGA has to protect the competitiveness of their league by disallowing genetic males the advantage of their greater musculature and power.
    golf is more about skill than power. i saw an interview with her yesterday, she's not the most feminine of transsexuals i've ever seen... the voice doesn't so her any favors either. i'd get than fixed if i was trying to persuade people i'm female enough to play in the lpga.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 14:52
    Originally posted by trev33
    golf is more about skill than power. i saw an interview with her yesterday, she's not the most feminine of transsexuals i've ever seen... the voice doesn't so her any favors either. i'd get than fixed if i was trying to persuade people i'm female enough to play in the lpga.
    Not transexual, but transgender. Not the same thing. LPGA probably would not be nearly as adamant were it a transexual since the absence of testosterone and female hormones would decrease power considerably. If it were not about power women would compete in men's tournaments and win. Golf is as much power as skill. If it came down to putting contests then I'd agree with you, but in a full course only a handful of women could drive as effectively as a male. There's good reason for separate leagues.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree