1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 17:02
    England 327/8 (50 ov)
    Ireland 329/7 (49.1 ov)
    Ireland won by 3 wickets (with 5 balls remaining)
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 22:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    England 327/8 (50 ov)
    Ireland 329/7 (49.1 ov)
    Ireland won by 3 wickets (with 5 balls remaining)
    Yeah they chased down a good score.

What does this reflect on? Bad English bowling or great Irish batting?

(I'm thinking the former)

But yay!!!
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 07:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah they chased down a good score.

But yay!!!
    yeah...100 off 50 balls, fastest 100 in world cup history.

all the bad bowling and great batters that have played the game over the years and it's an irishman with the fastest 100 in world cup history... bowling might not have been great but the batting certainly was.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 14:01

Both, as far as I could tell from Auntie's highlights show. The English bowling wasn't stellar, but Kevin'O didn't half make good use of it.

Betcha Crowley hated the game πŸ˜› - I loved it.

Richard
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 14:59
    Originally posted by trev33
    yeah...100 off 50 balls, fastest 100 in world cup history.

all the bad bowling and great batters that have played the game over the years and it's an irishman with the fastest 100 in world cup history... bowling might not have been great but the batting certainly was.
    Blimey!! an Irishman has the fastest 100 in world cups!!
    That record might stand awhile.
    Can they repeat the dose? Surely thats gotta give 'em belief. I mean he wasn't just edging fours , was he now?
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 07:37
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Both, as far as I could tell from Auntie's highlights show. The English bowling wasn't stellar, but Kevin'O didn't half make good use of it.

Betcha Crowley hated the game πŸ˜› - I loved it.

Richard
    I loved it.

It had so many things to love:
    - The underdog playing their hearts out and winning against an arrogant favourite who never seemed dialled into the game.
    - A relatively 'unknown' batsman making a great record that will take some beating for years to come.
    - Andrew Strauss' face when he started panicking.

Great stuff. Even better seeing that the ICC wants to take these 'minnow' sides out of the next world cup.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 07:30
    Blimey!! an Irishman has the fastest 100 in world cups!!
    That record might stand awhile.
    Can they repeat the dose? Surely thats gotta give 'em belief. I mean he wasn't just edging fours , was he now?
    i hope so, i was at the match and it was unreal... off to see the india match tomorrow but tbh i think the indians will have learnt their lesson from the two england matches and should beat us pretty comfortably. atmosphere should be awesome. we have a chance against the windies though, beat them and holland... 3 wins, 1/4 place? who knows, not winning our first match when we had the chance might cost us.

can't believe the icc want to pull the 'minnows' from the next world cup, ireland have beaten pakistan and england at the last two world cups, that says everything... if not 4 'minnows' at least have 2. plus they're not allowing any food or drink into the stadiums during matches, not even a bottle of fecken water... someone at the icc needs to be punched in the face... i missed a couple of overs because of that 😏
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 22:22
    Originally posted by Crowley
    I loved it.

It had so many things to love:
    - The underdog playing their hearts out and winning against an arrogant favourite who never seemed dialled into the game.
    - A relatively 'unknown' batsman making a great record that will take some beating for years to come.
    - Andrew Strauss' face when he started panicking.

Great stuff. Even better seeing that the ICC wants to take these 'minnow' sides out of the next world cup.
    But how about England's really rather mediocre bowling? Didn't that put you off previously? Or are you... I hesitate to suggest it... prejudiced?

Richard
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 07:20
    Originally posted by trev33
    i hope so, i was at the match and it was unreal... off to see the india match tomorrow but tbh i think the indians will have learnt their lesson from the two england matches and should beat us pretty comfortably. atmosphere should be awesome. we have a chance against the windies though, beat them and holland... 3 wins, 1/4 place? who knows, not winning our fi ...[text shortened]... t the icc needs to be punched in the face... i missed a couple of overs because of that 😏
    Eff that crap .
    No water bottlesπŸ˜›

Reminds me of the festival I just went to.
    No sandwiches,no water,no deoderant,no (just make something up you find in their bag)

I was refused alcohol for being "intoxicated". Thats the first time I've wanted to punch someone half my age (36) in....18 years!!!

A$$wipe!! After drinking for twenty years he says I'm intoxicated on the day where I was completely dry.The irony!!!!!!!!
    (Err, sorry for that. I might take it to spirituality for some cleansing πŸ˜€ )
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 17:08
    But how about England's really rather mediocre bowling? Didn't that put you off previously? Or are you... I hesitate to suggest it... prejudiced?

Richard
    My apologies, that came out wrong. I didn't mean personally or nationally prejudiced, I meant prejudiced towards a specific style of play, or a specific kind of game. It seemed to me that you were rashly dismissing what was to many a tense, exciting game, only because both sides made mistakes. I did not mean to imply anything less honourable.

Richard
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 07:40
    My apologies, that came out wrong. I didn't mean personally or nationally prejudiced, I meant prejudiced towards a specific style of play, or a specific kind of game. It seemed to me that you were rashly dismissing what was to many a tense, exciting game, only because both sides made mistakes. I did not mean to imply anything less honourable.

Richard
    I like to see professional sportsmen actually work for the ridiculous amounts of money they get paid.

England had a bad day in the field - it happens - even though this was their second in a week.
    India just looked like they were going through the motions, like: "Sachin already won the game dudes, let's just chill. Surely nobody could score 340-odd against our mediocre bowling in our backyard..."
    Then when England looked like they were going to upset the favourites, they just limply threw it away.

Except for 2 great displays of batting on either side, 20 other players played some really ordinary cricket.
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 12:211 edit
    Just watched the highlights of Ireland vs. India, and they really are doing well. They never really gave India too much of a sweat, but they did put up a decent fight.
    They really should have beaten Bangladesh too.

This showing from them, plus last WC when they beat Pakistan surely must make the ICC rethink their statement of not allowing the associate members in the cup...
    Even if they decide they just can't have 14 teams again (logistics-wise), then I think there should be a qualification tournament before the World Cup where, say, the top 3 or 4 associate members play with the lowest ranked full member(s) for 2 places in the cup.
    The top 8 sides could get automatic entry and we could then have a six team league-type tournament in the 6 months or so before the WC to get the top 10 teams in the world at the cup.
  13. Joined
    22 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 17:19
    the icc should have a promotion relegation in the world cup, if they kick out the weaker teams...just like most sports.
    its bad that the make cricket so elitist.

dont get me started on players swaping countries, ireland would be really decent if eoin morgan wasnt taken away
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 02:071 edit
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Just watched the highlights of Ireland vs. India, and they really are doing well. They never really gave India too much of a sweat, but they did put up a decent fight.
    They really should have beaten Bangladesh too.

This showing from them, plus last WC when they beat Pakistan surely must make the ICC rethink their statement of not allowing the associate tournament in the 6 months or so before the WC to get the top 10 teams in the world at the cup.
    Yep. I'd support that. It's gotta be an improvement om the way it is now. Is the world cup still on? Whats going on?
    I thought us aussies were supposed to be cricket mad? Its just that the tourney is taking so damn long....
    Cant wait for the quarter finals.
  15. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 10:49
    Yep. I'd support that. It's gotta be an improvement om the way it is now. Is the world cup still on? Whats going on?
    I thought us aussies were supposed to be cricket mad? Its just that the tourney is taking so damn long....
    Cant wait for the quarter finals.
    It is too long, but it can't be helped at the moment.
    Having two games every day could help, but pitches need time to recover and if a new pitch is used the ground staff need a few days to prepare it, so the only thing that can be done is cutting down on the number of teams.

I really think having the top 10 sides at the WC would be best with a pre-tournament qualification tournament.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree