1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    23 May '08 10:31
    I mean, just like with sports, you start slowly but then your body gets used to the thing and you improve and improve and improve.

    Then, in order to achieve that, you have to prepare yourself. Some small drinking during the week, and then the heavy one during the weekends.

    And then, at some point in your life, you reach the stage in which you actually compete. Friends, strangers, or family; beer, vodka or tequila shots, cocktails. At this point either you go for the big leagues or yoi stay at the minors, just competing with people of your same level.

    When the body gets tired, you end up like all aging athletes: Dead, competing just for fun, or retired from the competition (after a quick stay at the Betty Ford Center).

    So, with all these arguments on the table, can we conclude that drinking is a sport or not?

    Debate!
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    23 May '08 11:311 edit
    C'mon, you idiots, participate!

    Or do you want in this thread to chat about U.S. football, baseball, ice hockey, rugby, and all those queer sports?

    πŸ˜›
  3. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    36332
    23 May '08 11:34
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I mean, just like with sports, you start slowly but then your body gets used to the thing and you improve and improve and improve.

    Then, in order to achieve that, you have to prepare yourself. Some small drinking during the week, and then the heavy one during the weekends.

    And then, at some point in your life, you reach the stage in which you actually c ...[text shortened]... th all these arguments on the table, can we conclude that drinking is a sport or not?

    Debate!
    Take it to the Debates forum, Spanky.
  4. Standard memberirontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    A Stapler!
    Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    59283
    23 May '08 15:26
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I mean, just like with sports, you start slowly but then your body gets used to the thing and you improve and improve and improve.

    Then, in order to achieve that, you have to prepare yourself. Some small drinking during the week, and then the heavy one during the weekends.

    And then, at some point in your life, you reach the stage in which you actually c ...[text shortened]... th all these arguments on the table, can we conclude that drinking is a sport or not?

    Debate!
    sport=game with physical exertion.. so yes, drinking is a sport..
    but snorting is 10 times more a sport then..
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    11372
    23 May '08 20:36
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I mean, just like with sports, you start slowly but then your body gets used to the thing and you improve and improve and improve.

    Then, in order to achieve that, you have to prepare yourself. Some small drinking during the week, and then the heavy one during the weekends.

    And then, at some point in your life, you reach the stage in which you actually c ...[text shortened]... th all these arguments on the table, can we conclude that drinking is a sport or not?

    Debate!
    no
  6. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    50620
    23 May '08 21:23
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I mean, just like with sports, you start slowly but then your body gets used to the thing and you improve and improve and improve.

    Then, in order to achieve that, you have to prepare yourself. Some small drinking during the week, and then the heavy one during the weekends.

    And then, at some point in your life, you reach the stage in which you actually c ...[text shortened]... th all these arguments on the table, can we conclude that drinking is a sport or not?

    Debate!
    Seitse, you are a legend!

    Drinking helps in the sport of lady hunting!πŸ™„

    If drinking was a sport I would be an olympic medalist!

    Have you ever watched darts? pretty much a game for drinkers.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66504
    23 May '08 21:46
    Originally posted by Virtue76
    Seitse, you are a legend!

    Drinking helps in the sport of lady hunting!πŸ™„

    If drinking was a sport I would be an olympic medalist!

    Have you ever watched darts? pretty much a game for drinkers.
    Actually, drinking while playing darts can be quite perilous!

    Come to think of it, drinking while chasing skirts can be equally perilous!!
  8. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    50620
    23 May '08 21:57
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Actually, drinking while playing darts can be quite perilous!

    Come to think of it, drinking while chasing skirts can be equally perilous!!
    when the beer goggles are on all bets are off!

    this is like a jalapeno reunion
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    24 May '08 08:28
    Ver, VERY interesting point you have there, my dear Virtue.

    Can we say the sport of chasing chicks is to drinking, like 110 meter with obstacles to the 100 meter run? Some sort of an added value to a rather simple sport.
  10. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    50620
    24 May '08 08:51
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Ver, VERY interesting point you have there, my dear Virtue.

    Can we say the sport of chasing chicks is to drinking, like 110 meter with obstacles to the 100 meter run? Some sort of an added value to a rather simple sport.
    Absolutely 😡

    and getting into a punch up

    and throwing up

    theres 4, just 6 more and we have a drinking decathlon!
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    24 May '08 09:02
    Originally posted by Virtue76
    Absolutely 😡

    and getting into a punch up

    and throwing up

    theres 4, just 6 more and we have a drinking decathlon!
    Genius!

    πŸ™‚

    The Drinking Decathlon:

    1) Drinking (then)
    2) Free roaming girl chasing + more drinking
    3) Dealing with rejection + more drinking
    4) Throwing up distance competition + more drinking
    5) Chaining coherent phrases play-off + more drinking
    6) Ultimate fighting comp + more drinking
    7) Drunk driving circuit + more drinking
    8) Open street prostitute pick-up rally + more drinking
    9) Erection achievement face-off + more drinking
    10) Memory buildup of last night + hangover
  12. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    50620
    24 May '08 11:30
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Genius!

    πŸ™‚

    The Drinking Decathlon:

    1) Drinking (then)
    2) Free roaming girl chasing + more drinking
    3) Dealing with rejection + more drinking
    4) Throwing up distance competition + more drinking
    5) Chaining coherent phrases play-off + more drinking
    6) Ultimate fighting comp + more drinking
    7) Drunk driving circuit + more drinking
    8) Open street ...[text shortened]... g
    9) Erection achievement face-off + more drinking
    10) Memory buildup of last night + hangover
    Is it too late to introduce it for Beijing?

    I will start training for London 2012
  13. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    2645
    24 May '08 13:24
    Originally posted by Virtue76
    Is it too late to introduce it for Beijing?

    I will start training for London 2012
    Why can't it be a winter sport too?
  14. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    25 May '08 16:26
    Originally posted by Seitse
    C'mon, you idiots, participate!

    Or do you want in this thread to chat about U.S. football, baseball, ice hockey, rugby, and all those queer sports?

    πŸ˜›
    Tell us about the sports in Finland!
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    25 May '08 17:13
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Tell us about the sports in Finland!
    Here we go to sauna, we drink and we have sex.

    And you?

    Owned!

    zing! zing! zing! Zorro!

    *standing ovation for seitse*
Back to Top