1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Nov '08 14:021 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Did you "look down in Houston" last night? If so, you would have seen the defending NBA champs give a lesson to the Rockets.
    Did you happen to see one of the "key" members of Houston's starting line up on the sidelines in street clothes? Shane Battier makes our defense even tougher than it played against your Celtics. Yao had an off night as well and Ray Allen played, by far, his best game of the season. With all of the, the mighty Celtics won by 3 points, and it wasn't decided until the very end.

I stand by my statement.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Nov '08 14:22
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Did you happen to see one of the "key" members of Houston's starting line up on the sidelines in street clothes? Shane Battier makes our defense even tougher than it played against your Celtics. Yao had an off night as well and Ray Allen played, by far, his best game of the season. With all of the, the mighty Celtics won by 3 points, and it wasn't decided until the very end.

I stand by my statement.
    The fact remains that the Champs went to your house and beat the Rockets. That was a "message" game and the Celts didn't use Western Union. Yao was a stiff esp. on the defensive boards and the Celts blew by Alston and others for a bunch of easy layups. T-Mac played great to keep it close, but the Celts were in control; they led by 7 with 1:56 to go.

And they didn't even use Brian Scalabrine!
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    07 Nov '08 18:26
    Originally posted by searcy1977
    If Lebron leaves the Cavs, I can't see him going to anywhere but NY/NJ. Detroit is not a big enough market for him.
    You may be right, but that is why Detroit made what otherwise looks like a stupid trade.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Nov '08 20:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The fact remains that the Champs went to your house and beat the Rockets. That was a "message" game and the Celts didn't use Western Union. Yao was a stiff esp. on the defensive boards and the Celts blew by Alston and others for a bunch of easy layups. T-Mac played great to keep it close, but the Celts were in control; they led by 7 with 1:56 to go.

And they didn't even use Brian Scalabrine!
    But, when you have Battier and Artest and McGrady on the floor at the same time, the defense will be stifling and it will free Yao to bedominating force in the middle. Say what you will, I believe the Rockets will be a force to be reckoned with. I also believe Doc Rivers was releved to get out of Houston with a win.
  5. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    08 Nov '08 00:05
    Originally posted by Red Night
    You may be right, but that is why Detroit made what otherwise looks like a stupid trade.
    They may not get James, but they could get Bosh or Wade. Both good pickups, and will help with their aging team, which will be even older when they become available.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Nov '08 13:461 edit
    Originally posted by uzless
    Bosh, Oneill, Bargnani blocking the lane, Kapono steppin out for 3's, Calderon running the offense, and Parker locking down Pierce on Defense.
    Parker "locked down" Pierce to only 36 points last night, including 22 in the 4th Quarter. The WORLD CHAMPIONS roared back from 16 down and knocked off the Raptors by 7. The night before, The C's went to Detroit and blew out the Iverson Pistons.

Looks like another big year for Boston.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree