Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    23 Nov '12 15:30
    I'm so sick of them. Tear the whole thing down. Keep Revis, Mangold, Moore, Keller, Wilkerson and Ferguson and dump everyone else, especially Rex and the Tannenbaum. Giving Sanchez a long term deal was a disgrace and bringing in Tebow was a joke (although it really hasn't hurt the team that much since he barely plays).

    This is a team that one year ago was 8-5 and coming off 2 straight AFC CG appearances and since then has gone 4-12 and has looked every bit a 4-12 team. They have no decent wide receivers, no first string running back, little pass rush (though I like Mo Wilkerson) and slow linebackers. With Revis their secondary would be good, but you can't expect them to run with receivers for 10 seconds every play.

    Let's get a real coach and a real QB in here. I'm so disgusted I can barely watch this team.
  2. 23 Nov '12 20:49
    They did kill Indianapolis. But something ain't right in the Jets organization, as you indicate. NFL players vote Sanchez as the most overrated player -- I don't know if that is justified or not.

    A 4-7 record is not horrible horrible in this league of parity but the Jets just seem one of the more inconsistent teams, though I don't know the team like you do. Houston was fortunate to get away with a win on the road against the Jets.
  3. 19 Dec '12 09:56
    Originally posted by sh76
    I'm so sick of them. Tear the whole thing down. Keep Revis, Mangold, Moore, Keller, Wilkerson and Ferguson and dump everyone else, especially Rex and the Tannenbaum. Giving Sanchez a long term deal was a disgrace and bringing in Tebow was a joke (although it really hasn't hurt the team that much since he barely plays).

    This is a team that one year ago was 8- ...[text shortened]... et's get a real coach and a real QB in here. I'm so disgusted I can barely watch this team.
    I watched the highlights of Jets last game v Titans, now i hardly know anything about
    American football but even I can tell here is something seriously wrong there, Tebow
    sucked, couldn't make a pass and neither could Sanchez, one must empathise with
    you, it was rather woeful to watch.
  4. 19 Dec '12 12:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I watched the highlights of Jets last game v Titans, now i hardly know anything about
    American football but even I can tell here is something seriously wrong there, Tebow
    sucked, couldn't make a pass and neither could Sanchez, one must empathise with
    you, it was rather woeful to watch.
    Try watching some NFC west highlights like the niners or seahawks. They play REAL hardnosed football, the way it was meant to be played, not this candy camp crap that teams like the Patriots roll out every week with a bazillion pass attempts every game.

    I think the only reason the Pats are ever any good is Tom Brady... I mean it takes a whole team but this is the NFL and I really think you could insert him into a mediocre team and bring an immediate turnaround because he's just so damn quick with his throws he creates a sort of running passing game mix without being a dual threat QB. That being said, I think he is a whiner and a vag.
  5. 19 Dec '12 12:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I watched the highlights of Jets last game v Titans, now i hardly know anything about
    American football but even I can tell here is something seriously wrong there, Tebow
    sucked, couldn't make a pass and neither could Sanchez, one must empathise with
    you, it was rather woeful to watch.
    The weirdest thing about the game the other night was that just as Sanchez seemed to be getting some rhythm Ryan pulled him and inserts Tebow, a dude you'd love your daughter to bring home, but not a QB of any merit. I firmly believe this disrupted Sanchez' rhythm badly and his subsequent foibles reflected this. Thay said, however, Sanchez is no better than Tebow and now hapless Jets will insert third stringer, McElroy for even greater laughs! The only football equivalent would be inserting Chicharito and benching Rooney and Van Persie and expect still to win.
  6. 19 Dec '12 15:57
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Try watching some NFC west highlights like the niners or seahawks. They play REAL hardnosed football, the way it was meant to be played, not this candy camp crap that teams like the Patriots roll out every week with a bazillion pass attempts every game.

    I think the only reason the Pats are ever any good is Tom Brady... I mean it takes a whole team but t ...[text shortened]... ing game mix without being a dual threat QB. That being said, I think he is a whiner and a vag.
    LOL, i used to be a broncos fan when they were rubbish, I quite like the Minnesota Vikings, are they any good?
  7. 19 Dec '12 16:01
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    The weirdest thing about the game the other night was that just as Sanchez seemed to be getting some rhythm Ryan pulled him and inserts Tebow, a dude you'd love your daughter to bring home, but not a QB of any merit. I firmly believe this disrupted Sanchez' rhythm badly and his subsequent foibles reflected this. Thay said, however, Sanchez is no better ...[text shortened]... lent would be inserting Chicharito and benching Rooney and Van Persie and expect still to win.
    Yeah very astute. of you to notice It seemed to me to be simply unprofessional scacchi
    dude, surely the practice these plays again and again, anyhow, not want to hijack the
    thread but seeing you are here, have you seen Baarìa, awesome movie, Italian cinema
    at its best.
  8. 19 Dec '12 20:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    LOL, i used to be a broncos fan when they were rubbish, I quite like the Minnesota Vikings, are they any good?
    They aren't the vikings anymore. They are the Minnesota Adrian Petersons and yes he is good.
  9. 20 Dec '12 12:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yeah very astute. of you to notice It seemed to me to be simply unprofessional scacchi
    dude, surely the practice these plays again and again, anyhow, not want to hijack the
    thread but seeing you are here, have you seen Baarìa, awesome movie, Italian cinema
    at its best.
    I have not, but on your rec I will most definitely look it up on Netflix! Thanks for the heads up!
  10. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    20 Dec '12 14:06
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    The weirdest thing about the game the other night was that just as Sanchez seemed to be getting some rhythm Ryan pulled him and inserts Tebow, a dude you'd love your daughter to bring home, but not a QB of any merit. I firmly believe this disrupted Sanchez' rhythm badly and his subsequent foibles reflected this. Thay said, however, Sanchez is no better ...[text shortened]... lent would be inserting Chicharito and benching Rooney and Van Persie and expect still to win.
    I agree that the Tebow thing is a joke, but I'm tired of excuses for Sanchez. He's had every chance in the world and all he's done is stink up the joint for 2 years. He's ruined what could otherwise actually be a pretty good team with his horrendous play. Time to get rid of him and everyone that had a role in giving him that stupid contract.
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    20 Dec '12 14:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I watched the highlights of Jets last game v Titans, now i hardly know anything about
    American football but even I can tell here is something seriously wrong there, Tebow
    sucked, couldn't make a pass and neither could Sanchez, one must empathise with
    you, it was rather woeful to watch.
    The most frustrating thing about that game is that with an average QB, the Jets would have won by 3 touchdowns. They can run the ball a little and their defense is pretty good. But you can't win when your QB personally turns the ball over 5 times.
  12. 20 Dec '12 14:11
    Originally posted by sh76
    I agree that the Tebow thing is a joke, but I'm tired of excuses for Sanchez. He's had every chance in the world and all he's done is stink up the joint for 2 years. He's ruined what could otherwise actually be a pretty good team with his horrendous play. Time to get rid of him and everyone that had a role in giving him that stupid contract.
    Isn't there a question of around 8 million dollars invested in Sanchez, that a lot of money to have sitting on the bench.
  13. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    20 Dec '12 20:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Isn't there a question of around 8 million dollars invested in Sanchez, that a lot of money to have sitting on the bench.
    Yes, but taking that into account is an example of the sunk cost fallacy. That you're paying him $8m is not going to help you win and the objective is to win, not to prove that you made a good investment.
  14. 21 Dec '12 00:29
    Originally posted by sh76
    Yes, but taking that into account is an example of the sunk cost fallacy. That you're paying him $8m is not going to help you win and the objective is to win, not to prove that you made a good investment.
    True, but you can't say the $8 million isn't a factor at all.

    If Sanchez wasn't the $8 million man, I bet he would have been benched a long time ago.

    Unfortunately for the Jets, that 8-mil is a hit to their salary cap. The 49ers played it smart when the resigned Alex Smith. Up until April, they have the option to release him and will owe him nothing if they do.

    An interesting twist would be if Alex Smith goes to the Jets. As a Jets fan, would you want him?
  15. 21 Dec '12 01:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    LOL, i used to be a broncos fan when they were rubbish, I quite like the Minnesota Vikings, are they any good?
    Hey bro, have you seen the Broncos lately?