1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 08:39
    Originally posted by spurs73
    i think u are getting mixed up with the 'goal tender' in ice hockey blade!
    Definately not... have you not noticed that every American sport requires the wearing of some sort of protective clothing/headwear?

Baseball - helmets, and one (!) huge glove...
    Ice Hockey - top to toe in armour...
    American Football - helmets, honey monster shoulder pads, hip pads...
    Basketball - ok, this one escapes!

All this hullaballoo about an NFL match at Wembley... I went to see a game a few years ago at the Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield (free tickets by the way!) What a load of tosh... you can't see where the ball is half the time, and they stop and start every 10 seconds - the game's a joke.
  2. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 18:231 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Spin!

Looking at the touts on ebay, people aren't bidding more than £70 each, which must be about face value. I was offered £1,000 for 2 tickets for England v Ireland in the rugby.

Out of interest, do you think the organisers will give the english fans instructions on what to sing and when to sing it, like they do in America?

D
    Yeah I was thinking along similar lines, until last year I used to buy tickets for Wimbledon on ebay every year, 500,00/90,000 is nowhere near a huge demand. It is only just over 5.5 people (a dwarf, that's just to head off the sarcastic reply) chasing each ticket. I Know Wimbledon tickets have a much higher demand in the ballot than that. I was lucky last year I had decided I wouldn't go any more as at over £400 a pair they were getting too expensive, but guess what I won the right to buy 2 tickets in the public ballot, and on semi-finals day too! I imagine demand for tickets for the F.A cup final is far greater than a mere 5.5 fans chasing each ticket.

Edit: Thats' £400 for a pair of mens 1/4 final tickets, for the final it's about £2,500, but I think that is terrible value compared to the 1/4 finals, you see much more tennis too!
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 18:33
    Too busy eating hot-dogs?

D
    No, just NOT GGAY.

P-
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 18:37
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    No, just NOT GGAY.

P-
    YouTube

D
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Oct '07 18:42
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e9AOUloPv0

D
    What?

P-
  6. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 09:411 edit
    Originally posted by trevor33
    believe me there is a lot of nfl fans over here

and when england got a game - bam another 100,000 popped up.

i know a couple of people who got tickets

flights, tickets, accommodation etc = over £1000 for a weekend = crazy.
    Wimbledon mens final tickets go for about £2,500 and obvioulsy does not include any travel or accommodation costs, I don't think this event would come anywhere near the demand of wimbledon. I don't tend to frequent other sporting events but I'm sure there are others like the F.A. cup final which would dwarf the demand for this event.

Edit: I have just looked on ebay and there are 6 tickets selling for £300 with only 28 mins left so that's more or less the end price, that's far too cheap for something to be considered as the largest demand this year. I usually pay up to £400 for a pair of wimbledon tickets and that's before the semi final stage, and that's getting them cheap accepting the possibility that you may be riped off or be turned away as they are not transferable, debenture (guaranteed) tickets cost much more

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree