Moves
    04 Oct '08 19:36
    Is anyone going to watch this?
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 19:491 edit
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Is anyone going to watch this?
    i realy want to watch this one..but may have to waite as i think it will be on 'pay per view' in the UK (although i am not 100% sure)

Dont understand why Shams took this one, i think he will take a beating
  3. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 20:09
    Originally posted by spurs73
    i realy want to watch this one..but may have to waite as i think it will be on 'pay per view' in the UK (although i am not 100% sure)

Dont understand why Shams took this one, i think he will take a beating
    It's a big payday for him.
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    04 Oct '08 20:10
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    It's a big payday for him.
    is it his first fight since he retried?
  5. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 02:18
    looks like shamrocks too hurt to continue.. before the fight even starts! 😕
    now they bring in a noname undercard fighter on 5 hours notice, which believe it or not will have a better chance of lasting a round than ken did 😛
  6. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 02:31
    i must say though that this might be carma. i hate when people say that as its always a "i told ya so!" to the person, but you look at all the talent he had years ago, but how he never released submissions on time to injure on purpose. now he doesnt even fight to win he fights for publicity... and he cant even get in the ring to get that. all the leg submissions he used to do are still there, but he gameplans like and idiot. he really mustve thought he reinvented himself.

anyway, moreover a waste of kimbos time, now people will say hes beating another chump
  7. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 03:54
    Originally posted by irontigran
    i must say though that this might be carma. i hate when people say that as its always a "i told ya so!" to the person, but you look at all the talent he had years ago, but how he never released submissions on time to injure on purpose. now he doesnt even fight to win he fights for publicity... and he cant even get in the ring to get that. all the leg subm ...[text shortened]... lf.

anyway, moreover a waste of kimbos time, now people will say hes beating another chump
    Damn, I had a chance to go see this live, but had to work.. plus, with the seats I would've gotten I would've needed binoculars!
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 13:26
    Kimbo lost in the first few seconds of the fight. Kimbo's too old to be doing this kind of stuff.
  9. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 15:50
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Kimbo lost in the first few seconds of the fight. Kimbo's too old to be doing this kind of stuff.
    ha! he lost to a "karate kid" who weighed in at light heavyweight, giving kimbo about 30 pounds. and kimbos supposed to be the "anytime, anywhere" fighter... this does not look good for him, knowing his first win came to someone who wussed out, second came to someone who had nothing at all (tank) and 3rd he got worked hard until he hit an ear 😕
  10. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 16:01
    http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_FULL__Kimbo_Slice_vs__Seth_Petruzelli_EliteXC_Heat?vid=10001850&tid=100
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 16:27
    I'm watching this now. They promised Kimbo that he'd fight Shamrock and then gave him this guy at the last second. Pre-fight research is important in a fight like this. It was kind of a dirty trick.

Here's the fight coming up...
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 16:32
    I hate streaming videos. The damn thing keeps pausing.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 16:352 edits
    OK, now there's enough fight loaded that the pauses just let me go back for a second look.

The actual fight starts at 7:20. How did Slice go down at 7:29? I see possibly two front kicks from the new guy, then an exchange of punches and Slice goes down. Did Petrozelli knock him down with that punch?
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 16:536 edits
    Petrozelli led with a left leg forward stance. As Slice rushed in on him he shuffled back a half step and gave a light front kick to Slice's ribs as Kimbo reached and leaned forward to grab or punch. Petrozelli extended his arms with elbows only slightly bent to catch Kinbo's arms, sort of a two arms equals one leg in distance thing - neat trick.

He pushed Kimbo's outstretched arms down and then lifted his right arm and popped Kimbo with a quick right hook to the face followed by a fast skip step backwards to gain space. He keeps skipping back until he's on the ropes, rope-a-dope style. As he hits the ropes he lifts that right leg again but lowers it as Kimbo throws a heavy right. Petrozelli pushes the right arm down like he did before, lowering his leg as he does so, but since Kimbo's left arm isn't up this time, that snappy little right hook (or is it a traditional corkscrew punch? It didn't come from the hip chamber) comes out much faster, popping Kimbo in the face again with an audible, artificial sounding smack.

Kimbo goes down and Petrozelli begins to pound him in the head from behind with his fists until Kimbo submits. That first hammerfist to the base of the skull was brutal!

Is that right?

Kimbo should have grabbed the leg I think. I know from my Tae Kwon Do training how vulnerable a kicker is with his leg up like that. They just...prohibit people from doing realistic stuff in Tae Kwon Do so they can have fun with the fancy kicks.
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 17:48
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I hate streaming videos. The damn thing keeps pausing.
    Secret is to pause it until it is pretty much loaded, then start it playing.

Disappointing fight. Can't say I've seen an MMA fighter get knocked out from a jab before.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree