Late night sports

Late night sports

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E
YNWA

Moves
07 May 07

I'm watching the final of the world snooker championships, held in sheffield, uk. It's the last day of the 17 day long event and the winner has to be decided tonight, no matter hour long it takes. There is still a way to go and it looks like taking to at least 1am.

What other sports are there where this situation happens? Where the players just carry on and on way into the night/early morning?

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
07 May 07

its a quality match. i reckon will go on till 1.30am

TANSTAAFL

Walking on sunshine

Moves
07 May 07

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
I'm watching the final of the world snooker championships, held in sheffield, uk. It's the last day of the 17 day long event and the winner has to be decided tonight, no matter hour long it takes. There is still a way to go and it looks like taking to at least 1am.

What other sports are there where this situation happens? Where the players just carry on and on way into the night/early morning?
It happens in the NHL playoffs!

E
YNWA

Moves
07 May 07

Originally posted by Wycombe Al
its a quality match. i reckon will go on till 1.30am
It is mate, a great comeback from Selby and to win the afternoon session 6-0 after being 12-4 down was fantastic. I'd want him to win but to be honest, a couple more long frames and I don't care who wins, so long as I can go to sleep!

E
YNWA

Moves
07 May 07

Originally posted by richjohnson
It happens in the NHL playoffs!
What sort of situation - like when it's a tie and they have to keep playing until someone scores? Do they start the game late anyway and that's why it ends late too? cheers

F
Love thy bobblehead

Moves
07 May 07

Baseball, too. If tied after nine innings, they play until someone wins. The games don't start too late, but a regulation game usually takes in excess of three hours. So, if they have to play 3 or 4 extra innings, the games can run quite late.

E
YNWA

Moves
07 May 07

One player (John Higgins) has suddenly found his groove. He needs one more game to win it.

AB

Moves
08 May 07

Darts? Doesn't that go on until someone gets 2 sets ahead.
Tennis? Although they'd have to stop when it got dark.

E
YNWA

Moves
08 May 07

If Higgins hadn't all of a sudden figured out how to play I think it would have gone on a lot longer than 1am.

Darts - the final on new year's day was a great one and went all the way, but I think it was over by 11pm:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/darts/6221331.stm