1. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 12:18
    You won me ten bucks on the Saints.

Where am I putting the winnings this week? Your call.
  2. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 14:394 edits
    Originally posted by Zamboner

This week is difficult because the match ups are pretty even across the board but here are the games I think stand out:

Lions @ Packers(-7) I would pick the Lions to beat the spread, in fact, I might even pick the Lions to win.

Texans @ 49ers (-4.5) The way Seattle and Indianapolis manhandled the Niners O line you have to be afraid for Kaepernick with JJ Watt on redemption's path. With the 9ers still unhealthy on offense don't expect them to have the results they did against the Rams.

Guarantee of the week:

Panthers(-2.5) @ Cardinals With(or without) extra time to prepare the Panthers will easily win by at least a field goal and this one will be in the books by end of the first half.

Question mark pick:

Chargers(-3) @ Raiders With Flynn under center for the raiders I would put money on the Chargers to cover the spread but if Pryor is back in time I would keep my money in my wallet.
  3. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    02 Oct '13 11:48
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    This week is difficult because the match ups are pretty even across the board but here are the games I think stand out:

Lions @ Packers(-7) I would pick the Lions to beat the spread, in fact, I might even pick the Lions to win.

Texans @ 49ers (-4.5) The way Seattle and Indianapolis manhandled the Niners O line you have to be afraid for Kaepernick ...[text shortened]... he Chargers to cover the spread but if Pryor is back in time I would keep my money in my wallet.
    Alright, $10 on the Panthers. Win this one and you'll have $20 on the next.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 14:541 edit

Texans @ 49ers (-4.5) The way Seattle and Indianapolis manhandled the Niners O line you have to be afraid for Kaepernick ...[text shortened]... he Chargers to cover the spread but if Pryor is back in time I would keep my money in my wallet.
    The lions and Packers is the game of the week. I looked up on football reference their matchups. The last time the Lions won in green bay was in 1991. And in the last 16 matches green bay leads 14 games to 2. I picked the Packers because they are coming off of a bye week.
  5. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 15:12
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The lions and Packers is the game of the week. I looked up on football reference their matchups. The last time the Lions won in green bay was in 1991. And in the last 16 matches green bay leads 14 games to 2. I picked the Packers because they are coming off of a bye week.
    I know, I do my research before I run my mouth. Those points are a big reason I didn't use it for my guaranteed pick.
  6. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '13 23:07
    Well, missed a bit on that Panthers pick. They are an enigma and I should have known better but I really figured they were going to step up to the level they should be.
  7. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 03:03
    Well, missed a bit on that Panthers pick. They are an enigma and I should have known better but I really figured they were going to step up to the level they should be.
    But...but... the Giants game!

As I was saying before, the Panthers are a subpar team just as they were expected to be at the beginning of the season. Glad you realized I was right after all.

Good call on the 49ers Texans by the way.
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 05:00
    Originally posted by Zamboner

Woops!

0 for 3 on all his predictions.
  9. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 15:162 edits
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    But...but... the Giants game!

As I was saying before, the Panthers are a subpar team just as they were expected to be at the beginning of the season. Glad you realized I was right after all.

Good call on the 49ers Texans by the way.
    I didn't see you make any predictions. Typical miners fan, never in the forums unless his team wins.

And it had nothing to do with the Giants game, it had to do with the fact that they should be better than they are playing and seriously underrating the Cardinals.

In fact, I'll wager that if we start with next weeks games, making a pick for every game, I will have a better record than you after week 17 is in the books.
  10. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 16:42
    It's too bad. It could have been a fun ride.
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 22:27
    I didn't see you make any predictions. Typical miners fan, never in the forums unless his team wins.

And it had nothing to do with the Giants game, it had to do with the fact that they should be better than they are playing and seriously underrating the Cardinals.

In fact, I'll wager that if we start with next weeks games, making a pick for every game, I will have a better record than you after week 17 is in the books.
    "Typical miners fan, never in the forums unless his team wins."

Yes, that makes perfect sense considering the last time I posted on the sports section here was September 23rd, right after the 49ers' two losses.

I knew you were stupid but magnitude of your stupidity is astounding.

Sure, we can have a predictions competition.
  12. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 23:112 edits
    [b]"Typical miners fan, never in the forums unless his team wins."

Yes, that makes perfect sense considering the last time I posted on the sports section here was September 23rd, right after the 49ers' two losses.

I knew you were stupid but magnitude of your stupidity is astounding.

Sure, we can have a predictions competition.[/b]
    "I knew you were stupid but the magnitude of your stupidity is astounding"

LOL You can't even use correct grammar when you are calling somebody stupid.

You sure were but this is the first time you have been here since then and for consecutive days too! Why? Since you were so happy about me missing on the Texans@49ers game, one would have to assume it was because your team won... like a typical miners fan.

"Sure, we can have a predictions competition"

Rule: 1.All picks must be in before thursday night football.

2. The only exception to rule 1 is proof of an injured or suspended player on or after thursday night football, excluding the game in progress.
  13. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 16:18
    "I knew you were stupid but [b]the magnitude of your stupidity is astounding"

LOL You can't even use correct grammar when you are calling somebody stupid.

You sure were but this is ...[text shortened]... injured or suspended player on or after thursday night football, excluding the game in progress.[/b]
    As you well know, my leaving out "the" was a typo.

On the other hand, you accusing me of only posting after a win when my previous post was after a loss was you talking out of your a$$ (as usual).
  14. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 17:25
    As you well know, my leaving out "the" was a typo.

On the other hand, you accusing me of only posting after a win when my previous post was after a loss was you talking out of your a$$ (as usual).
    Just have your picks in before thursday night football.
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    09 Oct '13 00:361 edit
    Just have your picks in before thursday night football.
    I decided against it. I just started language school this week (Thai) and it's loading me down with hours of homework and study every night. Many of my picks would be loose and lazy if I had to pick every game, every week.

I was ribbing you, but your first two picks weren't unreasonable (I actually agreed with you about the Lions). But why you continue to have faith in the Panthers I have no idea. I predicted they would suck before the season even started. Pretty much everyone did.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree