1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 19:56
    "Greece arrived in Portugal for Euro 2004 as 150-1 outsiders who had never won a match at a major tournament.

Four weeks later, manager Otto Rehhagel was a legendary figure in Greece and Angelos Charisteas had written his name into footballing legend.

Charisteas scored the winner in the 1-0 final victory that sank hosts Portugal."
  2. Standard memberInlandRevenueUK
    Cause I'm the taxman
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 20:05
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    "Greece arrived in Portugal for Euro 2004 as 150-1 outsiders who had never won a match at a major tournament.

Four weeks later, manager Otto Rehhagel was a legendary figure in Greece and Angelos Charisteas had written his name into footballing legend.

Charisteas scored the winner in the 1-0 final victory that sank hosts Portugal."
    Whilst it was fun to laugh at Portugal, it was one more final than we have reached recently!
  3. Utrecht
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 20:18
    Despite their skillfull players, when they finally meet a ref who consequently gives the yellow/red cards for all their theatre, foul play and delaying, they won't get far.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 22:39
    Originally posted by Sake
    Despite their skillfull players, when they finally meet a ref who consequently gives the yellow/red cards for all their theatre, foul play and delaying, they won't get far.
    Considering your team plays some of the dirtiest football in recent years, I don't see why you're on that high horse.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 22:411 edit

If reaching the final of a tournament is a laughing matter, then you must have some very strong sense of self-derision. 😵

Greece won twice against us. It's foolish to say it was undeserved.

Edit - But, yeah, it hurt nevertheless. If I was a Greek, I would be laughing at Portugal!

Are you Greek?
  6. 6yd box
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 22:45
    Originally posted by Palynka
    If reaching the final of a tournament is a laughing matter, then you must have some very strong sense of self-derision. 😵

i think sometimes ppl forget that football is a TEAM game, not a game of 11 INDIVIDUALS!!!
  7. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 09:39

Edit - But, yeah, it hurt nevertheless. If I was a Greek, I would be laughing at Portugal!

Are you Greek?
    no, i'm english... but as you were honest i'll be honest... right at the moment i wish i was greek!
  8. Utrecht
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 14:56
    Considering your team plays some of the dirtiest football in recent years, I don't see why you're on that high horse.
    We played a very nasty game against Portugal, but that was just once as far as I could see it. Portugal plays nasty almost every game they play.
  9. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 20:241 edit

News of 3,5 years ago...

BRA-A-A-A-VO, looser.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 22:04
    Originally posted by Sake
    Portugal plays nasty almost every game they play.
    Right. Satan's a schoolboy when compared to us. 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree