Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. 22 Nov '07 19:56
    "Greece arrived in Portugal for Euro 2004 as 150-1 outsiders who had never won a match at a major tournament.

Four weeks later, manager Otto Rehhagel was a legendary figure in Greece and Angelos Charisteas had written his name into footballing legend.

Charisteas scored the winner in the 1-0 final victory that sank hosts Portugal."
  2. Standard member InlandRevenueUK
    Cause I'm the taxman
    22 Nov '07 20:05
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    "Greece arrived in Portugal for Euro 2004 as 150-1 outsiders who had never won a match at a major tournament.

Four weeks later, manager Otto Rehhagel was a legendary figure in Greece and Angelos Charisteas had written his name into footballing legend.

Charisteas scored the winner in the 1-0 final victory that sank hosts Portugal."
    Whilst it was fun to laugh at Portugal, it was one more final than we have reached recently!
  3. 22 Nov '07 20:18
    Despite their skillfull players, when they finally meet a ref who consequently gives the yellow/red cards for all their theatre, foul play and delaying, they won't get far.
  4. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    22 Nov '07 22:39
    Originally posted by Sake
    Despite their skillfull players, when they finally meet a ref who consequently gives the yellow/red cards for all their theatre, foul play and delaying, they won't get far.
    Considering your team plays some of the dirtiest football in recent years, I don't see why you're on that high horse.
  5. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    22 Nov '07 22:41 / 1 edit

If reaching the final of a tournament is a laughing matter, then you must have some very strong sense of self-derision.

Greece won twice against us. It's foolish to say it was undeserved.

Edit - But, yeah, it hurt nevertheless. If I was a Greek, I would be laughing at Portugal!

Are you Greek?
  6. 22 Nov '07 22:45
    Originally posted by Palynka
    If reaching the final of a tournament is a laughing matter, then you must have some very strong sense of self-derision.

i think sometimes ppl forget that football is a TEAM game, not a game of 11 INDIVIDUALS!!!
  7. 23 Nov '07 09:39

Edit - But, yeah, it hurt nevertheless. If I was a Greek, I would be laughing at Portugal!

Are you Greek?
    no, i'm english... but as you were honest i'll be honest... right at the moment i wish i was greek!
  8. 25 Nov '07 14:56
    Considering your team plays some of the dirtiest football in recent years, I don't see why you're on that high horse.
    We played a very nasty game against Portugal, but that was just once as far as I could see it. Portugal plays nasty almost every game they play.
  9. Subscriber Helder Octavio
    Luso-brasileiro
    25 Nov '07 20:24 / 1 edit

News of 3,5 years ago...

BRA-A-A-A-VO, looser.
  10. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    25 Nov '07 22:04
    Originally posted by Sake
    Portugal plays nasty almost every game they play.
    Right. Satan's a schoolboy when compared to us.