1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    28 May '08 12:10
    Reds top European rankings chart

LIVERPOOL will go into the forthcoming season as Europe's number one ranked team.

The Reds top UEFA's official rankings thanks to their Champions League performances over the past five seasons.

Having won the competition in 2005, been runners up to AC Milan in 2007 and made it through to the semi-finals this year, Rafa Benitez's team has accrued more ranking points than any other club in Europe.

Liverpool top the rankings table with 104.284 points, giving them a one point lead over Italian giants AC Milan.

Next on the list are Chelsea and Barcelona, with Arsenal in sixth and current Champions League holders Man United in seventh.

Other British teams on the list include Newcastle in 19th, Rangers in 20th, Middlesbrough in 27th, Spurs in 31st, Bolton in 41st, Everton in 44th and Celtic in 52nd.

Liverpool have moved up from third to first thanks to last season's run to the semi-finals, meaning they top UEFA's rankings for the first time since 1985.

Their recent form in the Champions League also means that they will go into the qualifiers for next season's competition as number one seeds and will thereby avoid the other seeded teams when the draw for the qualifying rounds is made in July.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/05/28/reds-top-european-rankings-chart-100252-20985976/

.... and with that, I'm taking a sabbatical until August.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 May '08 14:36
    The fact that Newcastle are the 19th best club in Europe makes a mockery of that list....

One question for you......If you could win only one trophy next season, what would you choose?
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 May '08 16:451 edit
    I'd take the Premiership cause it means that you are the most consistently performing team in the toughest league in the world.

Also the way you state that Liverpool are the best team in Europe doesn't mean anything.They have a manager whose sytem works for 1 competition.
  4. Joined
    05 Aug '07
    Moves
    29 May '08 15:26
    It is nice to see Rangers 32 places above Celtic. 🙂
  5. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 May '08 22:05
    Originally posted by Angry Boy

LIVERPOOL will go into the forthcoming season as Europe's number one ranked team.

The Reds top UEFA's official rankings thanks to their Champions League performances over the past five seasons.

Having won the competition in 2005, been runners up to AC Milan in 2007 and made it through to the semi-finals this year, ...[text shortened]... s-chart-100252-20985976/

Thats really good made up for you mate,us poorer cousins in lowly Manchester will just have to enter next season as humble reigning

CHAMPIONS
  6. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    31 May '08 22:14
    Originally posted by Angry Boy

Having won the competition in 2005, been runners up to AC Milan in 2007 and made it through to the semi-finals this year, ...[text shortened]... s-chart-100252-20985976/

have to say i couldn't give a toss. lower leagues is where the true football is played rather than this corporate bollocks and overrated/overpaid players crap
  7. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 May '08 23:05
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    have to say i couldn't give a toss. lower leagues is where the true football is played rather than this corporate bollocks and overrated/overpaid players crap
    Have another pie,might help with the crap

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree