1. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 15:29
    Originally posted by ASROMA

I suppose you could say that money filters down to youth academies eventually though.
    I'm wondering whether having (relatively) infinite money is going to work against having an academy and youth system. How does a youth player break through into a full team of seasoned internationals? Quality does always come through in the end, but it always needs patience and learning experiences in the first team - how can this fit into Chelsea's current system? The youth players will be loaned out and will most likely not get to play and grow in their club's first team.

One of the best sights in football IMO is seeing a youth team player come up and put in a good performance for the full team, and local players have a lot more connection with fans (for LFC - Robbie Fowler, Michael 'Greedy Git' Owen, Jamie Carragher and Stevie G). I hope the takeover wouldn't work against this still happening.
  2. Joined
    10 Mar '03
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 12:50
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    I'm wondering whether having (relatively) infinite money is going to work against having an academy and youth system. How does a youth player break through into a full team of seasoned internationals? Quality does always come through in the end, but it always needs patience and learning experiences in the first team - how can this fit into Chelsea's curr ...[text shortened]... e Carragher and Stevie G). I hope the takeover wouldn't work against this still happening.
    A perfect example of that was Fergie with

Scholes
    Giggs
    Beckham
    Neville brothers

I am confident that United are going to push Chelsea all the way.
    Should Utd beat City and Arsenal do Chelsea then the race I would suggest will go all the way.

All these billionaires should be told to buggar off. Money talk though so I doubt they will be.

In the short cash term certainly secures the future of the club but I worry about what the long terms effects will be.

Also what if Roman gets bored with Chelsea and decides to convert the bridge into high rises to recoup some of his buck.
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '06 17:07
    Originally posted by dan182
    Also what if Roman gets bored with Chelsea and decides to convert the bridge into high rises to recoup some of his buck.
    Football fans around the world will forget their differences for the night and party 'til dawn.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree