1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Oct '07 21:401 edit
    Is it just me, or has Rafa based his game plan on the heroics of the likes of Wimbledon FC, Crazy gang era and Jack Charlton's Ireland?

Do his players know that they can pass the ball less than 50 yards? Watching Mascherano NOT make himself available for a short pass while pointing forward says a lot. The Pool tonight made Besiktas look like one of the great Brazilian teams.

Unfortunately, I predict a hammering this weekend, when the Arse take on the Pool, with Hyppia embarressing himself once again.

Any Pool fans like to offer an explanation for their brutal play? Are you even still watching this tripe? Do ye agree that Rafa is a candidate for worst manager of the 21st century, piece of luck in Istanbul apart?

D

[EDIT] Great header by Gerrard, BTW.
  2. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 00:42
    As a supporter of the Gunners, I'm hoping your prediction rings true, but I don't think it will. It has all of the makings of a trap. Arsenal destroys Slavia in mid-week, while Liverpool bottom out. I'm worried about the young Gunners coming out over-confident.

As for Rafa, I'm not particularly impressed (his substitution of Gerrard in the derby was bush), but I wouldn't go so far as to label him the worst.
  3. LA
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 07:34
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    As a supporter of the Gunners, I'm hoping your prediction rings true, but I don't think it will. It has all of the makings of a trap. Arsenal destroys Slavia in mid-week, while Liverpool bottom out. I'm worried about the young Gunners coming out over-confident.

As for Rafa, I'm not particularly impressed (his substitution of Gerrard in the derby was bush), but I wouldn't go so far as to label him the worst.
    The games got 0-0 written all over it.

Liverpool will play with 9 in defense and I have a feeling Rafa will throw the dice and play Crouch up front this time on his own.

That leaves Arsenal with Reina and the ref to content with.

Watch out though the scousers have Alonso back.
    I've been told by LFC supporters on this site that he's a better defensive midfield player than Makelele and a better attacking midfield player than Roy Keane was in that position!
  4. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 07:42
    Liverpool recently have looked a bit like England in their style of play.

Option One: Mainly soak up pressure followed by a long pass, or quick exchange of passes to score.

Option two: Panic ... hit long balls to Crouch and pack the area.

They always generate chances without entertaining too much. Both rely too heavily on Gerrard.

As for the Arsenal game, I reckon Liverpool could play the same way, but get away with a nil nil, unless hleb or rosikcty can beat them for pace like the 2nd goal last night.
  5. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 07:51
    0 to 0 after 3 hours, boring 😴
  6. 6yd box
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 11:42
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Liverpool recently have looked a bit like England in their style of play.

Option One: Mainly soak up pressure followed by a long pass, or quick exchange of passes to score.

Option two: Panic ... hit long balls to Crouch and pack the area.

They always generate chances without entertaining too much. Both rely too heavily on Gerrard.

As for the A ...[text shortened]... way with a nil nil, unless hleb or rosikcty can beat them for pace like the 2nd goal last night.
    πŸ™‚πŸ™‚ QUALITYπŸ™‚πŸ™‚
  7. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    25 Oct '07 21:09
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    0 to 0 after 3 hours, boring 😴
    No Arsenal game is boring.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree