Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 29 Jun '08 14:33
    So how badly did McHale screw the Twolves over this draft year? Dealing away Mayo for Love (who never impressed me in college).
  2. 29 Jun '08 17:55
    Originally posted by zebano
    So how badly did McHale screw the Twolves over this draft year? Dealing away Mayo for Love (who never impressed me in college).
    He unloaded salary. Picked up a decent outside shooter. And yes, it was probably another rotten move.
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    29 Jun '08 18:50
    Originally posted by badmoon
    He unloaded salary. Picked up a decent outside shooter. And yes, it was probably another rotten move.
    I think it's a good deal; Mike Miller is a fine outside shooter and scorer and Jason Collins is a useful big man. Love has good potential and is a pretty good outside shooter himself. Supposedly he 's worked to drop some weight which was an issue for his stamina last year. Mayo's flashy but the Wolves picked up some quality players.
  4. 29 Jun '08 20:52
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I think it's a good deal; Mike Miller is a fine outside shooter and scorer and Jason Collins is a useful big man. Love has good potential and is a pretty good outside shooter himself. Supposedly he 's worked to drop some weight which was an issue for his stamina last year. Mayo's flashy but the Wolves picked up some quality players.
    Hopefully, true. One big problem - McHale orchestrated the deal. that in itself makes one dubious.
  5. 30 Jun '08 01:37
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Hopefully, true. One big problem - McHale orchestrated the deal. that in itself makes one dubious.
    Exactly. I start groaning every time I see a rumor of him dealing. Other than picking Garnet I can't think of anything he did well besides brining in Casell and Spreewell for a year or two.
  6. 01 Jul '08 04:02
    That was an awful trade. You could start to build a winning team with two young talents like Mayo and Jefferson. But bringing Miller they are only thinking on improving their record from last season. Which they probably will, but to build a team it was not the best choice, I guess. I think Love has a great future, but they already have Jefferson to play PF, and both of them are not the kind of player that can play different roles.
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    02 Jul '08 20:25
    Originally posted by monteirof
    That was an awful trade. You could start to build a winning team with two young talents like Mayo and Jefferson. But bringing Miller they are only thinking on improving their record from last season. Which they probably will, but to build a team it was not the best choice, I guess. I think Love has a great future, but they already have Jefferson to play PF, and both of them are not the kind of player that can play different roles.
    On last year's team, Jefferson was the center and Ryan Gomes was the undersized power forward, so the addition of Love and Jason Collins as big men allows Gomes to be switched to his more natural small forward most of the time. Miller is only 28 and will play a lot of minutes at both small forward and shooting guard. That leaves the improving Foye to get quality minutes and Telfair to play the point. It doesn't look like a terrible squad and Love seems a better fit than Mayo.