That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 20:42
    Terry... oh man... what a sweet goal 😵
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 21:06
    All those fouls, that was a terribly dirty game. The ref had no control. Evans should have received 2 red cards.
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 03:48
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Oh Dear their season is now over 😀 😀 😀
    Does anyone still watch the premiership other than die hard soccer fans? Premiership is just like t MLB is becoming and like F1 has been for years.....limited to 4 or 5 teams and the rest are their just for show and a tax write-off for the owner.
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 11:57
    Originally posted by uzless
    Does anyone still watch the premiership other than die hard soccer fans? Premiership is just like t MLB is becoming and like F1 has been for years.....limited to 4 or 5 teams and the rest are their just for show and a tax write-off for the owner.
    🙄🙄
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 12:43
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    All those fouls, that was a terribly dirty game. The ref had no control. Evans should have received 2 red cards.
    The officials should have had 5 red cards themselves. Worst officiating I've ever seen. Drogba's booking was laughable. The awful decisions against United weren't so funny (offside against Rooney and not against Drogba for the goal, no penalty, "foul" against Fletcher for the goal.

I didn't see the game as dirty, but I suppose he who preposes the word "dirty" with the word "terribly" would have a much smaller tolerance to physical contact than your average sports fan. I also don't think 28 fouls is that bad. I would have expected to hear from you after the Sunderland v Liverpool game when there were 39 fouls, but then, a totally biased man is a blind man. When he wants to be.

Thoroughly enjoyable game, despite the ref inspired result. I think United fans everywhere will take heart in the performance, especially the midfield area where United totally dominated. Fletcher was outstanding again.

D
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 15:47
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    The officials should have had 5 red cards themselves. Worst officiating I've ever seen. Drogba's booking was laughable. The awful decisions against United weren't so funny (offside against Rooney and not against Drogba for the goal, no penalty, "foul" against Fletcher for the goal.

I didn't see the game as dirty, but I suppose he who preposes the word ...[text shortened]... e midfield area where United totally dominated. Fletcher was outstanding again.

D
    exactly but a point would've been nice.

when will rooney learn how to pass? 0 assists this year. first anderson was fee, didn't pass then when they all rushed towards anderson, valencia was free... what does rooney do, waste it.

we badly missed ronaldo... more than i would've thought.
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 17:03
    Manchester United have failed in all of the 'big' matches so far his season... Ronaldo was a big game player, and I agree that they're missing him...Valencia was never going to be a replacement for him.

Chelsea are going great guns at the minute, and I s'pose they'd be favourites for The Premier League after Sunday's result.... however, Mr Ferguson's sides have always 'come good' after Christmas, and as long as they're still in touch with the front-runners at Christmas, you can't write them off yet.

I've been impressed with Arsenal so far - limited expectations from the fans and press has kept them under the radar... You've got to hand it to Mr Wenger though, he continually produces sides that play footbal the right way (and doesn't spend ridiculous amounts of money to achieve it either!)
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 17:42
    Originally posted by blade68
    Manchester United have failed in all of the 'big' matches so far his season... Ronaldo was a big game player, and I agree that they're missing him...Valencia was never going to be a replacement for him.

Chelsea are going great guns at the minute, and I s'pose they'd be favourites for The Premier League after Sunday's result.... however, Mr Ferguson's side ...[text shortened]... he right way (and doesn't spend ridiculous amounts of money to achieve it either!)
    how are the other teams doing in the premiership?

How come all i hear about is man u, chelsea, and arsenal?

Surely, there must be other teams vying for the championship each year.....
  10. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 18:06

Max of 6 in any one year capable, most fall to the wayside by xmas leaving about 3 with a chance
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 18:22
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Max of 6 in any one year capable, most fall to the wayside by xmas leaving about 3 with a chance
    how many have had real legitimate chances in the last 5 years each year?
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 18:26
    how many have had real legitimate chances in the last 5 years each year?
    Liverpool are contenders every year but I assume you just forget to mention them in your original post.
  13. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 18:37
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Liverpool are contenders every year but I assume you just forget to mention them in your original post.
    They were good before but we're really only talking about chelsea, man u and arsenal these days now though as the perrenial fav's.

It's interesting to see how these three clubs are demading that that they receive MORE of the tv revenue since they bring in most of the viewers. I think it's a joke really because if you give these 3 teams most of the money then you are basically guaranteeing that they will always be able to pay more money to the better players. These 3 teams basically want an iron clad guarantee that they will always be good teams.

Jebus, so much for competition. I wonder if other sports have this kind of mismatch in talent levels on teams......
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 18:37

because you live in can'tada and don't care about soccer, therefore all you ever hear of soccer is about the top teams. pretty simple... just like you.

liverpoo 2nd in prem last year, this year struggling. spurs at the start of last season were in the relation zone for quite a long time and finished mid-table. this year they're sitting 4th with a legitimate chance of staying around there come the end of the season.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 18:41
    They were good before but we're really only talking about chelsea, man u and arsenal these days now though as the perrenial fav's.

It's interesting to see how these three clubs are demading that that they receive MORE of the tv revenue since they bring in most of the viewers. I think it's a joke really because if you give these 3 teams most of the money t ...[text shortened]... tition. I wonder if other sports have this kind of mismatch in talent levels on teams......
    It's the BIG FOUR, not the BIG THREE.

Liverpool were a better team than Chelsea or Arsenal last year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree