March Madness

March Madness

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Mar 11

Originally posted by quackquack
College basketball is exactly why I am against a playoff system for football. The eight best teams in the regular season are all out. So it is pretty clear to be the best team doesn't win. Now we have a final four with teams like VCU who accomplished so little before the tournament that they had to play in a play-in game, or U Conn who was 9th in the b ...[text shortened]... exclusively from one tournamnet cheapens the idea of what being the best for season really is.
Yeah why decide a championship by actually playing games? We should just have experts like you designate who is the best team and avoid all the bother. Heck, why have a season at all? I'm sure you know who the best team is without that nonsense; we could just give them a trophy and get it over with.

q

Moves
31 Mar 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
Yeah why decide a championship by actually playing games? We should just have experts like you designate who is the best team and avoid all the bother. Heck, why have a season at all? I'm sure you know who the best team is without that nonsense; we could just give them a trophy and get it over with.
Why do you insist on calling the season if the 9th best team in the big east is the only one in the conference with a chance now to win the championship?
College football does play regular season games and they count and I prefer that model.

t

Moves
05 Apr 11

I don't know about you but my bracket was pretty spot on except for the whole morehead st and richmond upsets. I had UW going a little farther and I had Arizona winning it all but other than that most of my picks went exactly where they were supposed to go.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
06 Apr 11

Originally posted by quackquack
Why do you insist on calling the season if the 9th best team in the big east is the only one in the conference with a chance now to win the championship?
College football does play regular season games and they count and I prefer that model.
Regular season is basketball is meaningless. A team could go 0-30 and then win 10 or 11 straight games in the post seasons and they're national champs. We all know that. But at least they decide the title on the court. In football, a team can win all of its games or all but one and look really good doing it and they're still excluded because there's only 2 spots.

I can understand why you don't want everyone making the post season, but football is the other extreme.

An 8 team playoff with the 4 big bowls as the quarterfinals (the winners of the 4 or 5 big conferences and a few at large bids based on the BCS) and the semis and finals played in the same venues as the big bowls, makes far more sense.