1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 14:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    First of all, it's Suzi. No E.

And maybe he did have Duke at the top of his bracket, but that's because he's smart. Duke won it all last year and was a heavy favorite to win this year, despite OSU coming from nowhere this year.

I'm not getting in the middle of this pissing match you two are having.

I just want my school to win, that's all.
    OK Suzi. Sorry for the misspelling. Also, only commenting on you perspicacity. Not trying to sucker you into this or any other pissing match. Sorry about the outcome of the OSU match. Got outplayed, outcoached and outhustled. I firmly believe they never really expected such a huge challenge from a lesser team. Like I told whodey, they have nothing to hang their heads about. Simply lost to a team that seemed like they wanted it more.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 14:40
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    OK Suzi. Sorry for the misspelling. Also, only commenting on you perspicacity. Not trying to sucker you into this or any other pissing match. Sorry about the outcome of the OSU match. Got outplayed, outcoached and outhustled. I firmly believe they never really expected such a huge challenge from a lesser team. Like I told whodey, they have nothing to hang their heads about. Simply lost to a team that seemed like they wanted it more.
    Apology accepted, and thank you. 😉

And I'm not crying about the OSU-Kentucky game, my school is Arizona.

I guess we'll find out later today if the win over Duke was a fluke or not.

GO WILDCATS!!
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 23:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Apology accepted, and thank you. 😉

And I'm not crying about the OSU-Kentucky game, my school is Arizona.

I guess we'll find out later today if the win over Duke was a fluke or not.

GO WILDCATS!!
    Oh dear! Double mistakes, spelling and schools. Glad you're of more sober temperament than shoritedude who would have ripped me a new one! Don't think it was a fluke at all. But UConn always seems to hang real tough! Go Wildcats! Always any team from out West is better. However, I favored Butler over Florida even though even I was surprised by the outcome once Butler got 11 points behind. What a great game that was!
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 00:22
    Oh dear! Double mistakes, spelling and schools. Glad you're of more sober temperament than shoritedude who would have ripped me a new one! Don't think it was a fluke at all. But UConn always seems to hang real tough! Go Wildcats! Always any team from out West is better. However, I favored Butler over Florida even though even I was surprised by the outcome once Butler got 11 points behind. What a great game that was!
    I cannot understand Florida's strategy late in games; all they did at the end of this game and the end of regulation against BYU was hoist up 3 pointers when they had a huge advantage in front court skill players around the basket. That and poor foul shooting at the end sent them home.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 00:51
    Florida loses?

😀
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 01:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    Florida loses?

😀
    I think they are dancing in Lawrence about now.

Wouldn't a Kansas - NC match up be interesting?

Roy might be up for it.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 02:39
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I think they are dancing in Lawrence about now.

Wouldn't a Kansas - NC match up be interesting?

Roy might be up for it.
    I could care less about NC or Kansas. All I know is that when I hear the words, "Florida lost" an uncontrolled smile comes across my face. 😀
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 03:32
    I could care less about NC or Kansas. All I know is that when I hear the words, "Florida lost" an uncontrolled smile comes across my face. 😀
    Go Butler! Billy coach was soundly into blunder mode at the end having his players attempt 35 footers! What a doofus! They were up 11 points and let Butler right back in it! Possession of the ball with about 12 seconds, tied score and they don't attempt a shot until the waning moments and it's a brick! Butler coach graciously said he was outcoached. I don't think so!
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 04:00
    You mean like the one several probably had when Ohio State lost?
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 04:07
    Go Butler! Billy coach was soundly into blunder mode at the end having his players attempt 35 footers! What a doofus! They were up 11 points and let Butler right back in it! Possession of the ball with about 12 seconds, tied score and they don't attempt a shot until the waning moments and it's a brick! Butler coach graciously said he was outcoached. I don't think so!
    You have never played and you have never coached, but you are an expert??

I'll bet that Billy Donovan could give a rat's ass about what you think.
    I also bet his job is secure.

Butler's coach was gracious because he knows he was lucky to be there in the first place.
    He thinks he was out-coached, but you know better huh?

Why don't you come out and predict something instead of telling us how much you "knew" after the fact?
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 12:17
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You have never played and you have never coached, but you are an expert??

I'll bet that Billy Donovan could give a rat's ass about what you think.
    I also bet his job is secure.

Butler's coach was gracious because he knows he was lucky to be there in the first place.
    He thinks he was out-coached, but you know better huh?

Why don't you come out and predict something instead of telling us how much you "knew" after the fact?
    Because we have you the God of all sports to enlighten us. After all you have played every sport at TexSux Wronghorns. Who said anything about getting Donovan fired? Who said anything about lecturing the man? When have I claimed to be a genius, something you do constantly. You, genius of all things sports, agree with his late game strategy? How much sports knowledge does one need to recognize coaching errors? You think a #8 beating a #2 does not mean Donovan got outcoached? You think calling for 35 footers, ie lower percentage shots, is good strategy? BTW who appointed you as arbiter of who posts what or when or what qualifies the poster?

So I was right about Butler and that ticks you off? Bet you did not have Butler on your magic all knowing bracket making it this far, but did have your lowlife horns going through. Not my fault the arrogance of your team and school always seems to get the best of them while a lowly school with actual guts can teach Texas a lesson or two about playing with heart, the one intangible your horns will never have. Their problem is they are just like you. "Look at us, we're Longhorns, we're the creme de la creme. We just show up and mail it in. We came to win, but not to play for you must lay down and take it! WE are Longhorns, hear us roar (except like you they moo instead!)!" The heart of the bovine might be their problem. Wimpy mascots seem to affect the overall attitude of the team and of opponents for no one seems to fear them one iota.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 15:41
    Yeah, it doesn't look like a fluke, does it? Arizona fought back hard from the 7 point deficit at the half, but UConn hung tough and Arizona loses another heartbreaker in Anaheim. UConn walks away with a 5-0 record against Arizona. 🙁
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 21:07
    Because we have you the God of all sports to enlighten us. After all you have played every sport at TexSux Wronghorns. Who said anything about getting Donovan fired? Who said anything about lecturing the man? When have I claimed to be a genius, something you do constantly. You, genius of all things sports, agree with his late game strategy? How much spo ...[text shortened]... ct the overall attitude of the team and of opponents for no one seems to fear them one iota.
    You just don't get it, so I am done trying.

You are a genius. You know it all. You are the best.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 21:17
    Wow. VCU, the team that wasn't even supposed to be there pulls off one of the greatest upsets in history.

Now, if you are rooting for the underdogs, do you root for VCU or for Butler...because one of them will be playing for the national championship.

This tournament has been the strangest in history. A #11 and a #8 seed in the final four playing each other in the semi-finals.

Who would have thunk it?
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 23:39
    Raise your hand if you had a Final Four of Kentucky, UConn, Butler and VCU.

I whiffed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree