1. Standard memberdoctor rhythm
    useless at chess
    Moves
    19 Jul '09 03:20
    Owen scores on debut....Sir Alex canny or what?....hopefully the signing of the year....and for no fee...what do you think?...
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '09 03:31
    Originally posted by doctor rhythm
    Owen scores on debut....Sir Alex canny or what?....hopefully the signing of the year....and for no fee...what do you think?...
    IF he says injury free he'll be a good signing. i think he is what we needed though, last year we had two players in rooney and carlos who were pretty much the same and on top of that we had two luxuries in ronaldo and berbatov. a much more balenced side this year i think. still would like to see one more attacking midfielder signed though.
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Jul '09 10:23
    Originally posted by doctor rhythm
    but he got injured before the end did he not😵

Anyway the point is this- no matter how big a club and its fans think they are, in the world of football as in most things in life there is always someone bigger, richer and .or more powerfull then you😵

who would have thought that man u with all their money (and the 700billion debt!!) and 'power' would unvail a 30y injure pron stricker as their big summer singing!!
  4. LA
    Moves
    19 Jul '09 13:30
    Originally posted by spurs73
    but he got injured before the end did he not😵

Anyway the point is this- no matter how big a club and its fans think they are, in the world of football as in most things in life there is always someone bigger, richer and .or more powerfull then you😵

who would have thought that man u with all their money (and the 700billion debt!!) and 'power' would unvail a 30y injure pron stricker as their big summer singing!!
    Who did Sir Alex replace David Beckham (7) with?

Wasn't it an 18 year old one trick pony?

In Sir Alex we trust.
  5. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 12:29
    I'm always somewhat wistfull when people talk of Micheal Owen (98 world cup), Liverpool had his best years and he was wasted at Newcastle. If he can put the gambling and Horse racing aside and knuckle down he should get Man Yoo some important goals.
  6. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 13:24
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    I'm always somewhat wistfull when people talk of Micheal Owen (98 world cup), Liverpool had his best years and he was wasted at Newcastle. If he can put the gambling and Horse racing aside and knuckle down he should get Man Yoo some important goals.
    He was a great player in his liverpool days but he just cant stop getting injured! hope it goes well for him at man utd
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 20:27
    Originally posted by BIGWAD
    He was a great player in his liverpool days but he just cant stop getting injured! hope it goes well for him at man utd
    He played 31 games in each of the last 2 seasons for a crap team, which never got very far in the competitions they were in.

He's not that clapped out.

D
  8. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 09:16
    Hopefully England can benefit from Rooney and Owen playing up front regularly. (If only Gerrard had actually gone to Chelsea and learned to play with Lampard we would have had a great midfield for the last few years).
  9. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    30 Jul '09 22:19
    Originally posted by mathmo
    Hopefully England can benefit from Rooney and Owen playing up front regularly. (If only Gerrard had actually gone to Chelsea and learned to play with Lampard we would have had a great midfield for the last few years).
    Intresting point that because I've often wondered myself how that might of panned out?..It would of been under Jose's stuwardship and considering the time frame of player manager and only one season would the partnership gelled sufficiently before messers Grant and Scolari had hoved into view?..or would they of hoved into view at all if that had been the case?
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 14:11
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    Intresting point that because I've often wondered myself how that might of panned out?..It would of been under Jose's stuwardship and considering the time frame of player manager and only one season would the partnership gelled sufficiently before messers Grant and Scolari had hoved into view?..or would they of hoved into view at all if that had been the case?
    I think it would have been 2 seasons: Liverpool won the champions league in 2005 which kept Gerrard at Liverpool and Mourinho managed Chelsea for all of 05/06 & 06/07. I doubt Jose could have instantly made it work, but they would have sorted it out after a while; i think it would have been vaguely similar to when Ballack came in.

And undoubtedly this stopped England winning the 2006 World Cup and 2008 European Cup.

2005: Liverpool come back from 3 down to win the Champions league - a bad day for English football.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree