Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    12 Oct '12 21:45
    Giants to beat the nationals or st. Louis.

    The tigers also to beat the yanks or O's.
  2. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    12 Oct '12 22:00
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Giants to beat the nationals or st. Louis.

    The tigers also to beat the yanks or O's.
    Sounds good to me. The Tigers have never faced the Giants in the postseason.
  3. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    13 Oct '12 04:54
    I like the Cardinals to beat the Giants

    and the Tigers to beat the Yankees.

    Then the Cardinals to win it all....they seem charmed to destiny.
  4. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    13 Oct '12 12:17
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I like the Cardinals to beat the Giants

    and the Tigers to beat the Yankees.

    Then the Cardinals to win it all....they seem charmed to destiny.
    So did Oakland a few days ago. But they lost in the end.

    I do NOT want yet another Tigers/Cardinals repeat. Go Giants!
  5. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    13 Oct '12 15:04
    Originally posted by rwingett
    So did Oakland a few days ago. But they lost in the end.

    I do NOT want yet another Tigers/Cardinals repeat. Go Giants!
    I can understand why the Cardinals would worry you.
  6. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    13 Oct '12 16:02
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I can understand why the Cardinals would worry you.
    They don't worry me. I just don't want the same old matchups all the time.
  7. 13 Oct '12 16:30 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Sounds good to me. The Tigers have never faced the Giants in the postseason.
    nor will they even if they advance and I doubt they will. Tigers of menopausal season will show up. Hot and cold! Can't sustain greatness and just squeaked by A's! Should the Tigers sneak in they will be crushed by either Giants or Cardinals!
  8. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    14 Oct '12 06:52
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    nor will they even if they advance and I doubt they will. Tigers of menopausal season will show up. Hot and cold! Can't sustain greatness and just squeaked by A's! Should the Tigers sneak in they will be crushed by either Giants or Cardinals!
    I agree. This will be another (yet) NL world series year.
  9. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    14 Oct '12 15:34
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    nor will they even if they advance and I doubt they will. Tigers of menopausal season will show up. Hot and cold! Can't sustain greatness and just squeaked by A's! Should the Tigers sneak in they will be crushed by either Giants or Cardinals!
    Yankees lose game 1, at home, and most importantly, their captain, Derek Jeter.
    Doesn't look good for the Bronx bombers, especially since A-Rod can't hit now.
  10. 15 Oct '12 11:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Yankees lose game 1, at home, and most importantly, their captain, Derek Jeter.
    Doesn't look good for the Bronx bombers, especially since A-Rod can't hit now.
    You are right. These fools could not hit a beach ball thrown underhanded by my grandma! How'd they make it this far? Looking like a sweep is looming! Get out the brooms!

    Rwingett should be dreading either Giants or Cardinals. I think like you, the Cards are the team of destiny!Regardless of which team advances, and likely it will be Cards, whom I picked, Tigers will not beat either.
  11. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    15 Oct '12 14:07
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    You are right. These fools could not hit a beach ball thrown underhanded by my grandma! How'd they make it this far? Looking like a sweep is looming! Get out the brooms!

    Rwingett should be dreading either Giants or Cardinals. I think like you, the Cards are the team of destiny!Regardless of which team advances, and likely it will be Cards, whom I picked, Tigers will not beat either.
    Truthfully, earlier you said the Tigers wouldn't get to the world series or at best they would squeak by.
    Now you have them sweeping the series.

    While I predicted the Tigers would go to the series, I figured it would go 7 games.
    Jeter's injury deflated the Yankees and will lead to an earlier demise than that,
    possibly in 5 games, but who knows?

    St. Louis looks to have lady luck and destiny on their side.
    They believe in themselves and they play within their means.
    They weren't supposed to be here, but here they are.

    The Tigers will be no pushover for anyone. They possess the best 3-4 hitting tandem
    in baseball in Cabrera and Fielder. They have the best money pitcher in baseball in
    Justin Verlander. They have a formidable pitching staff. They have a seasoned and
    brilliant manager in Jim Leyland.

    Until they qualify for the series, all of this is conjecture, but I wouldn't dismiss
    anyone just yet.
  12. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    15 Oct '12 15:38
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Truthfully, earlier you said the Tigers wouldn't get to the world series or at best they would squeak by.
    Now you have them sweeping the series.

    While I predicted the Tigers would go to the series, I figured it would go 7 games.
    Jeter's injury deflated the Yankees and will lead to an earlier demise than that,
    possibly in 5 games, but who knows?
    ...[text shortened]... qualify for the series, all of this is conjecture, but I wouldn't dismiss
    anyone just yet.
    Plus I will be in attendance for game 3, and I am undefeated in the postseason.
  13. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    15 Oct '12 16:34
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Plus I will be in attendance for game 3, and I am undefeated in the postseason.
    That....and perhaps a little bit that Verlander is pitching..... just saying!!
  14. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    15 Oct '12 17:05
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    That....and perhaps a little bit that Verlander is pitching..... just saying!!
    He will have been the pitcher for all three games I've attended.
  15. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    15 Oct '12 17:52
    Originally posted by rwingett
    He will have been the pitcher for all three games I've attended.
    So, you are sort of a ringer when you go to a game then???