04 Dec '06 12:27
    how about the Cardinals :'(

Rams -> 5-7 :'(
  2. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 15:45
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Dallas looked a little shaky the first three quarters but came around when it was time. The game could have gone either way. The Giants still play pretty good when they are beat up.

New England pulled it off. Not bad. I didn't really expect Detroit to score as many points though. New England must have been taking a break today.

Many games were de ...[text shortened]... ame winner today by the Titans? Wow... Looked like there was room for another five yards to me.
    So how about my Titans beating the Colts! I can understand why Jeff Fischer wanted to send the punt unit out after calling a timeout but when Dungy called a timeout Fischer sent the field goal unit back out! here's how I looked at it, if he didn't make it and it went to overtime, they would have lost I think because Vince Young was limping at the end of the game! I think they would have lost in overtime so if they were going to lose, and the Colts got a touchdown return off of a missed field goal, might as well lose in regulation!
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    04 Dec '06 22:43
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    So how about my Titans beating the Colts! I can understand why Jeff Fischer wanted to send the punt unit out after calling a timeout but when Dungy called a timeout Fischer sent the field goal unit back out! here's how I looked at it, if he didn't make it and it went to overtime, they would have lost I think because Vince Young was limping at the e ...[text shortened]... the Colts got a touchdown return off of a missed field goal, might as well lose in regulation!
    You know I pretty much agree with that call and your assessment. At first I thought Fisher was nuts when he sent the field goal team back in. I understand the time out helped to change his mind. What had me worried was the distance, I was really confused as to why the Kicker was upset when Fisher called him off the field, I would have thought he would have been relieved, 60 yards is almost unheard of, I wasn't aware of the strong wind to his back. After knowing that, yea it was a smart play all the way around. Fisher showed some brains on that play. I think you are right I don't believe that Vince Young was totally unplayable though in an overtime, but I do think the advantage would have gone to Indy. You know a coin toss might have kept Vince out of the game anyway and if Indy got the wind to their back, well with the combination of Manning and their kicker I believe it would have been over for the Titans. Great game, I loved it.
  4. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '06 15:36
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    You know I pretty much agree with that call and your assessment. At first I thought Fisher was nuts when he sent the field goal team back in. I understand the time out helped to change his mind. What had me worried was the distance, I was really confused as to why the Kicker was upset when Fisher called him off the field, I would have thought he would h ...[text shortened]... ng and their kicker I believe it would have been over for the Titans. Great game, I loved it.
    It really was, I was screaming at the television when Fisher brought the punt unit out but I understood why he did it! I think it was real gutsy of him to change his mind and an excellent call by an excellent coach!
  5. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    05 Dec '06 15:51
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    It really was, I was screaming at the television when Fisher brought the punt unit out but I understood why he did it! I think it was real gutsy of him to change his mind and an excellent call by an excellent coach!
    I didnt see the game, only saw the highlights. (Maybe NFL network will re-broadcast it) Why did he send the punt unit out initially, and why did Dungy call the timeout? (Did he actually think he could do something with the ball with 5 seconds left, from deep in his own territory?)
  6. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Dec '06 15:54
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    I didnt see the game, only saw the highlights. (Maybe NFL network will re-broadcast it) Why did he send the punt unit out initially, and why did Dungy call the timeout? (Did he actually think he could do something with the ball with 5 seconds left, from deep in his own territory?)
    What happened was Fisher sent the field goal unit with 12 sec. left on the clock and time clock was stopped! He then called a timeout to rethink things and pulled the field goal unit off and sent the punt unit in! Then for some odd reason, Dungy called a timeout and Fisher changed his mind and sent the field goal unit back out! And as it turned out it was an excellent call, I mean how many guys have made a 60+ yard field goal for a game winner?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree