1. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 00:32
    WE LOST TODAY EVERYONE HERE IS IN SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 00:38
    It is tough to win every week especially when you play wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan in consecutive games. You should not be so arrogant as to expect to win. Disappointed i could understand. Shocked is arrogant.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 00:4812 edits
    Originally posted by richfeet
    WE LOST TODAY EVERYONE HERE IS IN SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What happened, I will tell you what happened.
    1 OSU was looking ahead to the Michigan game.
    2 OSU has not really played anyone to date that is highly ranked and, as a result, they were ranked much to high.
    3. Both OSU and Michigan are like deer caught in head lights when faced with the spread offense. Either the Big Ten power houses have to change or more progressive teams like Illinios will take over the Big Ten. The heart and soul of OSU football is and has coninued to be defense. Without it, we are NOTHING!!.....and it showed tonight.
    4. One word, "Beckman". The man is a menace. He has a propensity to turn the ball over when under pressure and did so 3 times today!! How are you suppose to win a game with a 0-3 turn over ratio? I question OSU's future success with him at the helm. I understand he is a junior so we have another year of his antics.
    5. The Big Ten simply is not that good. No1, are you listening??!! I thought that would make your day for me to admit that. Really, I am somewhat relieved that OSU lost today. I had a gut feeling that either LSU or Oregon would tear them limb from limb and perhaps worse than last year had they made it to the NC. It would have been both humiliating and I think would have hurt recruiting. In a way, I feel as though we dodged a bullet. Now all we need is for the Big Ten to realize this and change.....but how?
    6. Illinios was better coached. They played flawlessly with next to no penalties and NO turn overs!!

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I think OSU is still a top ten team. I just don't know where in the mix they fit and I suspect neither does anyone else. Actually, no one and I mean NO ONE expected them to make it this far. Really it was suppose to be a rebuilding year and now it has turned into one.
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 03:08
    Illinois is one of the most under-rated teams in the country.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 03:53
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Illinois is one of the most under-rated teams in the country.
    I would say they are a good team but by all indications with their winning record people know this. It all stems from their new coach. Whats his name? Zucker? Anyhew, he is a great recruiter and perhaps one of the best if not the best coach in the Big Ten.
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 05:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    I would say they are a good team but by all indications with their winning record people know this. It all stems from their new coach. Whats his name? Zucker? Anyhew, he is a great recruiter and perhaps one of the best if not the best coach in the Big Ten.
    Ron Zook is the coach for Illinois, good coach and a very good recruiter like you said. He's an ex-Florida coach, did ok there, but didn't have much of a class to work with at the time. Hard with such high expectations anyways. Illinois will hopefully be patient with him.

It is arrogant to say that OSU's loss is shocking.. I'll let No1Marauder explain it, as he's done 'ad nauseum' in the other thread.
  7. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 05:531 edit
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Ron Zook is the coach for Illinois, good coach and a very good recruiter like you said. He's an ex-Florida coach, did ok there, but didn't have much of a class to work with at the time. Hard with such high expectations anyways. Illinois will hopefully be patient with him.

It is arrogant to say that OSU's loss is shocking.. I'll let No1Marauder explain it, as he's done 'ad nauseum' in the other thread.
    They say that last year's national champs included a lot of his recruits.

Re: #1. I don't think this is an example of Big 10 weakness as muc has Big 10 depth. Illinois is a good team.
  8. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 07:06

Re: #1. I don't think this is an example of Big 10 weakness as muc has Big 10 depth. Illinois is a good team.
    It is quite true that last year's champion had benefitted from Zook's recruiting skills. It's also true that Florida's talent pool has been the best in the Nation over the last 30 years or so. Look how the state's teams have done over that period. Especially the south Florida region. They grow them strong, lean, and mean.

USF Bulls didn't even have a football program until 10 years ago, and look at the heights they reached this year.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 17:04

Illinois is a good team, but probably barely a top 25 one. Missouri beat them in Illinois to start the season. If Missouri's the 3rd best team in the Big 12 (we'll see after they play Kansas, they already lost to Oklahoma) and Illinois is the 3rd best in the Big Ten, what does that tell you?

Ohio State couldn't handle a running QB like Juice Williams with its no1 ranked defense. Imagine what Dixon would (will) do to them! I give credit to Zook for going for the 4th and inches at his own 35 to keep the ball on the last drive; it seemed crazy at the time but when it works you're a genius! Three times Williams ran for first downs, twice in third and longs. And OSU just turned the ball over too much.

I'm curious to see how far OSU will drop. Last year they were left at no2 even after their fearful drubbing against Florida. I have a sneaking suspicion that some Midwest voters will even vote to keep them no1, based on the "fluke" theory some "experts" here have been espousing when the team they like lose.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '07 17:27
    no ohio state will drop a lot. In a championship game i think there is sentiment to make the loser number 2 especially when they come in as the only major team to be undefeated but that is not happening here. The Big 12 is better than the Big 10. As for your question, Missouri is better than Illinois (even though they ar both third place teams in the conferfence) but might not be better than ohio state or michigan. I would think the 2nd place in the big 10 vs. the 3rd place in the big 12 might make a good bowl game.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 12:481 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Illinois is a good team, but probably barely a top 25 one. Missouri beat them in Illinois to start the season. If Missouri's the 3rd best team in the Big 12 (we'll see after they play Kansas, they already lost to Oklahoma) and Illinois is the 3rd best in the Big Ten, what does that tell you?

Ohio State couldn't handle a running QB like Juic he "fluke" theory some "experts" here have been espousing when the team they like lose.
    As much as I hate to admit it, OSU should never have been rated #2 after their showing against Florida at the end of the season last year. Everyone and their brother knew that a team like USC would have destroyed them if given the oppurtunity. Especially after what USC did to Michigan. OSU did not beat up Michigan that badly.

As far as Kansas goes, we will find out a lot about them in their game against Missouri. Really, if they win out who can deny them? In my humble opinion, Oregon can't loose from here on out. Their schedule simply does'nt allow for it. However, LSU has to play their championship game. That is never easy in the SEC. Therefore, we might see an Oregon vs. Kansas match up in the NC if this happens. In such a match up, however, I pick Oregon.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 13:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    As much as I hate to admit it, OSU should never have been rated #2 after their showing against Florida at the end of the season last year. Everyone and their brother knew that a team like USC would have destroyed them if given the oppurtunity. Especially after what USC did to Michigan. OSU did not beat up Michigan that badly.

As far as Kansas goes, we w ...[text shortened]... on vs. Kansas match up in the NC if this happens. In such a match up, however, I pick Oregon.
    I'll be a bit surprised if Kansas or Hawaii wins out. In all probability, there won't be any undefeated teams. I'll go out on a limb and predict it winds up with an Oklahoma-Oregon matchup. At this point, I'd pick Oregon but I'd like to see a few more Sooner game (the last one I saw was their loss to Colorado).
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 15:55
    Are you assuming LSU loses? Because if they win out I don't see Oklahoma passing them
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 16:031 edit
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    Are you assuming LSU loses? Because if they win out I don't see Oklahoma passing them
    I think LSU will get upset either by Arkansas in their last game or by Tennessee or Georgia in the SEC Championship game. We're due for one more big upset. I agree if LSU wins out, they'll be in the BCS Championship game.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Nov '07 16:12
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I think LSU will get upset either by Arkansas in their last game or by Tennessee or Georgia in the SEC Championship game. We're due for one more big upset. I agree if LSU wins out, they'll be in the BCS Championship game.
    Here is another scenairo for you. LSU wins out and OU wins out. OU leapfrogs Oregon who plays a sedate schedule the rest of the way. This produces an LSU vs. OU national championship game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree