1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    06 Mar '09 16:27
    A-Roid to play through a torn labrum.
    A team filled with designated hitters.
    Mariano Rivera trying to get well.
    Hideki Matsui trying to heal up also.
    Johnny Damon as questionable as ever.
    Hank Steinbrenner never knowing when to shut his big stupid mouth.

    Enjoy third place if you are lucky, Oh Most Expensive Team in History.

    P-
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66520
    07 Mar '09 00:11
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    A-Roid to play through a torn labrum.
    A team filled with designated hitters.
    Mariano Rivera trying to get well.
    Hideki Matsui trying to heal up also.
    Johnny Damon as questionable as ever.
    Hank Steinbrenner never knowing when to shut his big stupid mouth.

    Enjoy third place if you are lucky, Oh Most Expensive Team in History.

    P-
    I guess you have the Red Sux finishing 4th in the division then.
  3. Madison Square Garde
    Joined
    03 Jan '06
    Moves
    186618
    07 Mar '09 01:421 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    A-Roid to play through a torn labrum.
    A team filled with designated hitters.
    Mariano Rivera trying to get well.
    Hideki Matsui trying to heal up also.
    Johnny Damon as questionable as ever.
    Hank Steinbrenner never knowing when to shut his big stupid mouth.

    Enjoy third place if you are lucky, Oh Most Expensive Team in History.

    P-
    pick on somebody your own size... and boston continues it's decline,healthy or not.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10260
    07 Mar '09 04:07
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    A-Roid to play through a torn labrum.
    A team filled with designated hitters.
    Mariano Rivera trying to get well.
    Hideki Matsui trying to heal up also.
    Johnny Damon as questionable as ever.
    Hank Steinbrenner never knowing when to shut his big stupid mouth.

    Enjoy third place if you are lucky, Oh Most Expensive Team in History.

    P-
    rivera has started throwing again and is expected to be fit for opening day. if they can get him pitching at his best i think they'll finish above the blood sox.

    is a-rod still going to play at the world baseball classic?
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    08 Mar '09 16:29
    Originally posted by trev33
    rivera has started throwing again and is expected to be fit for opening day. if they can get him pitching at his best i think they'll finish above the blood sox.

    is a-rod still going to play at the world baseball classic?
    A-Roid won't be playing until May or so... having light surgery and out 5 to 7 weeks they are guessing I hear this morning on Sports Center.

    P-
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    08 Mar '09 16:29
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I guess you have the Red Sux finishing 4th in the division then.
    U Wish!
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    09 Mar '09 16:07
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    A-Roid to play through a torn labrum.
    A team filled with designated hitters.
    Mariano Rivera trying to get well.
    Hideki Matsui trying to heal up also.
    Johnny Damon as questionable as ever.
    Hank Steinbrenner never knowing when to shut his big stupid mouth.

    Enjoy third place if you are lucky, Oh Most Expensive Team in History.

    P-
    Their starting pitching is much improved from this point last year though.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66520
    09 Mar '09 18:29
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    U Wish!
    I heard they were referring to the AL East as the Bean Dip this season. 😛
  9. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    82844
    10 Mar '09 02:04
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    A-Roid to play through a torn labrum.
    A team filled with designated hitters.
    Mariano Rivera trying to get well.
    Hideki Matsui trying to heal up also.
    Johnny Damon as questionable as ever.
    Hank Steinbrenner never knowing when to shut his big stupid mouth.

    Enjoy third place if you are lucky, Oh Most Expensive Team in History.

    P-
    It kills me when Boston fans, of all people, decry NY's spending.

    You love it when the filthy lucre brings pricey FAs your way though, aye? 😉

    lmao
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    10 Mar '09 14:11
    Originally posted by eagles54
    It kills me when Boston fans, of all people, decry NY's spending.

    You love it when the filthy lucre brings pricey FAs your way though, aye? 😉

    lmao
    I'm well aware of spending in MLB, and you can find me talking on this subject often with users who cry about how much NY and Boston spend.

    I don't really care HOW MUCH they spend... I just think they could do a better job with their money.

    YOU GOT THAT?

    P-
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    5542
    10 Mar '09 15:57
    every year it seems, the Yankees go into the season with Team Methuselah and you wonder whether all these old guys can still play and-or stay healthy. Most of them do, but some of them don't.

    But it often comes down to who develops out of the farm system - or some nobody who has the season of their life like Aaron Small in 2005. I actually sort of look forward to the injuries, because it gives these unsung players a chance.

    Last year, everyone was salivating over how great Hughes and Kennedy were going to be, and neither of them could win a single game. This year, nobody's been talking about them at all - I have a feeling that one or both will have a big year.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    10 Mar '09 15:59
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    every year it seems, the Yankees go into the season with Team Methuselah and you wonder whether all these old guys can still play and-or stay healthy. Most of them do, but some of them don't.

    But it often comes down to who develops out of the farm system - or some nobody who has the season of their life like Aaron Small in 2005. I actually sort of look ...[text shortened]... ody's been talking about them at all - I have a feeling that one or both will have a big year.
    I also like Brett Gardner of the Yankees to have a bit of a breakout year.
  13. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    10 Mar '09 19:13
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Their starting pitching is much improved from this point last year though.
    And will be amazing when they trade for Halladay when the jays ship him out this year
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    107025
    10 Mar '09 20:02
    It's hard to predict how the Yankees will end up this year. The pitching staff has the potential to be dominant. The lineup and defense, with ARod being iffy, looks average.

    The only potential train wreck I see with the Yankees is the fact that they've opened an expensive new stadium in the middle of a severe recession and are having trouble selling all those corporate luxury boxes they were counting on. But they're the Yankees and probably have deep enough pockets anyhow.
  15. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    82844
    10 Mar '09 22:07
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I'm well aware of spending in MLB, and you can find me talking on this subject often with users who cry about how much NY and Boston spend.

    I don't really care HOW MUCH they spend... I just think they could do a better job with their money.

    YOU GOT THAT?

    P-
    Boston fans, so humourless. 😀
Back to Top