1. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Aug '07 23:35
    so i was at the oval tonight.

man utd vs the cretins *cough* i mean glentoran

micheal carrick is tall btw

anyway

nani is pure class, a bit like ronadlo, maybe better with time. not afraid to track back to tackle either. he well get send off this season, i guarantee it.

anderson on the other hand i was pretty disappointed with, might take him a while to settle it. his passing was very sloppy and his movement off the ball could've been better.

we'll see but on that match i predict anderson to flop and nani to be player of the season in the future.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 21:52
    Originally posted by trevor33
    so i was at the oval tonight.

man utd vs the cretins *cough* i mean glentoran

micheal carrick is tall btw

anyway

nani is pure class, a bit like ronadlo, maybe better with time. not afraid to track back to tackle either. he well get send off this season, i guarantee it.

anderson on the other hand i was pretty disappointed with, might take him ...[text shortened]... ut on that match i predict anderson to flop and nani to be player of the season in the future.
    Anderson is just back from a broken leg. United have taken a risk that he will continue to develop from the stage he was at before the break. He also played in the Copa America and has just returned to pre season training, playing his first match only last week (first half only against Doncaster), so against Glentoran was only his second pre season match. I believe Nani had already played in 4 games.

Anderson is also a year younger than Nani.

Give him time. Judging by his youtube videos, he looks a superb prospect. Though possibly from next season.

D
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 22:02
    Nani doing a nice bit of work...
    YouTube

D
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '07 22:17
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Anderson is just back from a broken leg. United have taken a risk that he will continue to develop from the stage he was at before the break. He also played in the Copa America and has just returned to pre season training, playing his first match only last week (first half only against Doncaster), so against Glentoran was only his second pre season match. ...[text shortened]... dging by his youtube videos, he looks a superb prospect. Though possibly from next season.

D
    didn't know he had broke his leg. i'll give him a year then. his passing was so sloppy though, every ball bobbling along.

YouTube&NR=1

that wasn't the glens best chance though, they had one cleared off the line. bit of a goalmouth scramble but still.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Aug '07 09:57
    Originally posted by trevor33
    didn't know he had broke his leg. i'll give him a year then. his passing was so sloppy though, every ball bobbling along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vrTbsP18A&NR=1

that wasn't the glens best chance though, they had one cleared off the line. bit of a goalmouth scramble but still.
    Carlton Banks:
    http://www3.turkishpress.com/i-s/SGE.IGH50.050807040405.photo00.quicklook.default-207x245.jpg

Nani:
    http://www.mackanzoor.com/belair/Carlton%20Banks--alfonso01.jpg

Anderson was the best of the two, here in Portugal, but he has had some problems with injuries which may influence his development. Nani has been on fire recently, but he's also trying too hard. Losing a few balls in your own half against Glentoran or Shenzen is not too bad, but doing so in the Premiership may be costly. Neither of them are ready, in my opinion, but they both can make great substitutes when something special is missing in the offense.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 16:42
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Anderson was the best of the two, here in Portugal, but he has had some problems with injuries which may influence his development. Nani has been on fire recently, but he's also trying too hard. Losing a few balls in your own half against Glentoran or Shenzen is not too bad, but doing so in the Premiership may be costly. Neither of them are ready, in my opinion, but they both can make great substitutes when something special is missing in the offense.
    Anderson had a superb half today against Wigan in the centre of midfield. His work rate was incredible, and he won numerous balls from his opponents, which is something I wasn't expecting at all. He also played 2 superb passes, 1 resulting in Ronaldo's goal, and the other should have resulted in Ronaldo playing in Rooney for his 2nd.

Nani fires hot and cold. He did some superb things in Europe midweek, but did some terrible things as well. I think he's got massive potential.

From what little I've seen of them, Anderson looks the most ready to play a influential part for this season.

D
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 17:411 edit
    I have Nani on my fantasy team, should I ditch him if he doesn't get enough playing time? He costs less than $7.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 20:54
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I have Nani on my fantasy team, should I ditch him if he doesn't get enough playing time? He costs less than $7.
    What's your team's name?

I don't think Nani is a great pick for this season. He won't play every game. Petrov, Bentley, Koumas or Downing might be better picks for about the same money.

D
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '07 21:07
    What's your team's name?

I don't think Nani is a great pick for this season. He won't play every game. Petrov, Bentley, Koumas or Downing might be better picks for about the same money.

D
    i picked nani after seeing the glentoran game 😵

luckily ronaldo starting to hit form 😉

should've picked bale instead of anton f. that was a mistake.

given was cheap but not played that much and carvalho has been injured all season 😞

dean ashton and torres has hit some points though, as has terry and carragher.

freddy hasn't played much and berbatov is just warming up.

not a bad team but could've been better.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 Oct '07 15:40
    His work rate was incredible, and he won numerous balls from his opponents, which is something I wasn't expecting at all.
    Yes, he does an impressive amount of work for someone so technically gifted. He also usually uses any technical tricks very sparingly, which is quite impressive for someone so young.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Oct '07 23:00
    What's your team's name?

D
    It's "Soccer is a Woman's Sport". (That's a joke, I don't actually believe that) and I'm with a bunch f my friends who are pretty serious football fans. I have a solid team and have been following along this year. I heard lots of talk about Nani but it appears he only finishes games up after other ManU strikers are substituted.

He's cheap though. 6.88. Petorv, Downing and bentley are from 10.50 to 14.00.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Oct '07 23:03
    Here's my team:

Forwards
    R. Van Persie (ARS - F) 19.76
    F. Torres (LIV - F) 10.04

Midfielders
    C. Dempsey (FUL - M) 7.01
    T. Rosicky (ARS - M) 10.98
    F. Fabregas (ARS - M) 15.71
    J. Utaka (POR - M) 8.65
    Nani (MAN - M) 6.88

Defenders
    C. Samba (BLA - D) 8.15
    W. Brown (MAN - D) 7.84
    S. Taylor (NUF - D) 6.88

Goalkeepers
    S. Carson (AST - G) 10.93

I'm in second right now.

Any more tips for a football idiot?
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Oct '07 11:44
    Any more tips for a football idiot?
    Go water the pavement.

That act alone will increase your average football knowledge by twofold.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Oct '07 12:50
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Go water the pavement.

That act alone will increase your average football knowledge by twofold.
    Fine, be that way! Don't ever come to me asking for hockey advice, you prick!
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Oct '07 20:53
    Fine, be that way! Don't ever come to me asking for hockey advice, you prick!
    Let me guess...pack my milk in a bag?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree