Boston (in 6)
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 May '10 23:57
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    NBA Championship

Boston (in 6)
    Way to go. Boston in six from the heart, but Lakers in seven from the mind!
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 May '10 23:061 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Way to go. Boston in six from the heart, but Lakers in seven from the mind!
    From the mind?

Go back to the last 11 times Boston has met LA in the finals, and tell me how many times LA has won.

The answer is twice. Yes, twice out of 11 matchups. Who do you think will win this year again?
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Jun '10 01:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    From the mind?

Go back to the last 11 times Boston has met LA in the finals, and tell me how many times LA has won.

The answer is twice. Yes, twice out of 11 matchups. Who do you think will win this year again?
    They are all independent events with no connection. The composition of the teams are different. It makes no difference. You cannot infer probability from random events. It is like flipping a coin. The odds are 50-50 on every flip, regardless of what happened on any or all of the prior flips. Gamblers create the notion of trends and probability to induce wagers. This is why it is very possible for underdogs to win.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '10 11:51
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    They are all independent events with no connection. The composition of the teams are different. It makes no difference. You cannot infer probability from random events. It is like flipping a coin. The odds are 50-50 on every flip, regardless of what happened on any or all of the prior flips. Gamblers create the notion of trends and probability to induce wagers. This is why it is very possible for underdogs to win.
    I'm supposing the oddsmakers are setting up Lakers as taking it in six. I agree random probability has nothing to do with outcomes, yet in the minds of the players some effect must take place because it seems that despite personnel changes some franchises appear to own others regardless of who plays. Go Celtics!
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Jun '10 22:14
    go Celtics

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree