New Red Sox Pitcher

New Red Sox Pitcher

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
15 Nov 06

Daisuke Matsuzaka's
&mode=related&search=

He looks pretty good, but how will that translate to MLB's American League? Once the batters get to watch him for a bit, will he just be another #2 or #3 pitcher on most MLB teams?

P-

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Daisuke Matsuzaka's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsptUfnhVcc&mode=related&search=

He looks pretty good, but how will that translate to MLB's American League? Once the batters get to watch him for a bit, will he just be another #2 or #3 pitcher on most MLB teams?

P-
With Schilling on the Red Sox he is likely the number 2 or 3 anyway.
Hopefully hw will be a steady #3 behind Beckett.
At least the Yankees didn't get him.

NS
blunderer of pawns

Rhode (not an)Island

Moves
20 Nov 06

Is Larry Luchino part of the new Evil Empire? 51 million dollars just to TALK to the guy! Yeesch!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by Natural Science
Is Larry Luchino part of the new Evil Empire? 51 million dollars just to TALK to the guy! Yeesch!
They stand to gain a good 30 million per year in Japan with MLB baseball on TV. Yankees make money of Matsueeeeey Matsue... That dude from Japan.

P-

d

Moves
20 Nov 06

Daisuke Matsuzaka's

P-
I can't watch this at work but I hope it is footage of Matsuzaka's mythical gyroball. People are going on about it like it's the next steroids while I read on the internet that no one can actually throw one, including Matsuzaka. What's the deal with that?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by caissad4
With Schilling on the Red Sox he is likely the number 2 or 3 anyway.
Hopefully hw will be a steady #3 behind Beckett.
At least the Yankees didn't get him.
I'm glad the Yanks didn't waste money on this unproven trinket. They should fork out some big cash and eat crow and get Andy Petitte back.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by darvlay
I can't watch this at work but I hope it is footage of Matsuzaka's mythical gyroball. People are going on about it like it's the next steroids while I read on the internet that no one can actually throw one, including Matsuzaka. What's the deal with that?
When you get home, view the link I gave you. Watch the second pitch, and try to guess where it will go. Looks like the damn thing takes a right angle curve, but does become less impressive the more you watch it.

Here is the Gyro ball...

&mode=related&search=

They were saying that this pitch was developed by computers to have most movement and least wear on the pitcher. I have not heard anything about it being hard to throw, I heard it was quite easy to learn and this guy learned it online, and taught it to 4 out of 5 pitchers in his school in 2 days.

P-

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
I'm glad the Yanks didn't waste money on this unproven trinket. They should fork out some big cash and eat crow and get Andy Petitte back.
I guess the Sox really want him. They do stand to make extra cash like the Yankees do in Japan with TV. He'll be a good #3 or so pitcher. They just need to sign him for about 3 or 4 years near 40 million is my best guess. They stand to make about 90 million back on the Japanese TV.

This wouldn't have helped Yankees in any way having Matsue already.

P-

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
20 Nov 06
1 edit

I'm posting on RHP after a dramatic departure involving resignation of games. What's the deal with that?
Who knows?

d

Moves
20 Nov 06

Originally posted by royalchicken
Who knows?
I can definitely see how your eventless existence could misinterpret my departure as dramatic. Regardless, please see my profile for a more detailed explanation on my status at this site, if you are interested.

😛

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
21 Nov 06
1 edit

I can definitely see how your eventless existence could misinterpret my departure as dramatic. Regardless, please see my profile for a more detailed explanation on my status at this site, if you are interested.

😛
Roger that, Roger. My profile has likewise been amended.

😛 is fitting. So is 😲.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
21 Nov 06

So, they have still not signed this guy... I wish we would get some reports on talks, but that isn't a good idea from a business stance.

If they don't get this guy, it's a problem. If they pay too much, it's a problem. I hope they can pull it off... would be really neat if they end up doing some opening games in Japan like Yankees did last year or so.

Not good for the team to travel like that, but good for the fans.

P-

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Dec 06
1 edit

bump

Daisuke is on a plane to Boston. Not a 'done deal' yet... but a very good sign.

Now they just need to get him for about 8 or 9M and 6 years.

Oh, Sox fan will boo this guy to Japan and back if he sucks wind after costing the sox near 100M.

P-

Breaking News. Sox land him for 52M 6 years... but... Is he any good?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
14 Dec 06

Daisuke Matsuzaka's

P-
Can you say, "Hideki Irabu"?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
14 Dec 06

When you get home, view the link I gave you. Watch the second pitch, and try to guess where it will go. Looks like the damn thing takes a right angle curve, but does become less impressive the more you watch it.

Here is the Gyro ball...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdr0N9HDptg&mode=related&search=

They were saying that this pitch was developed ...[text shortened]... this guy learned it online, and taught it to 4 out of 5 pitchers in his school in 2 days.

P-
51 million for a Vulcan forkball?

This guy has Mr. Zero written all over him.