1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '22 21:35
    Of course this is only about the US.

There used to be college bowl games from sun up to well after the sun went down on all 3 major channels back in the 80's. Today? So far I have seen one bowl game on one station

Kentucky over Iowa.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '22 21:55
    What I do see are college basketball games.

If they want to save the bowl system they need to either do away with the playoff system or expand it so that all the bowl games are a playoff game, perhaps make a 32 team playoff the plays during the month of January.

In any case, New Year's day football games are a thing of the past. ESPN has destroyed college football in January.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jan '22 23:09
    ESPN and the NFL Network are both making it very difficult to watch some good games, unless of course you have cable and their channels.

They are forcing the public to not only get cable TV, but to subscribe to costly sports packages.

Add FS1, TNT, and USA to the mix, if you're an NBA fan or NHL fan.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '22 00:03
    @eladar said
    Of course this is only about the US.

There used to be college bowl games from sun up to well after the sun went down on all 3 major channels back in the 80's. Today? So far I have seen one bowl game on one station

Kentucky over Iowa.
    The same thing happening all over the world unfortunately, in England the top soccer league used to be on free TV, then satellite came along and you had to pay for it to see live games. Then around 10 years or so ago another channel came into the mix and you had to pay two subscriptions to see all the games and recently Amazon bought some games so now there’s 3 companies sharing them. Probably the same as the NFL on ESPN, FOX and I think NBC is the other?

Some people pay it, some refuse, some can’t afford it and others buy illegal boxes so they can see all the channels for a fraction of the price.

How much is ESPN there?
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '22 00:04
    @chaney3 said
    ESPN and the NFL Network are both making it very difficult to watch some good games, unless of course you have cable and their channels.

They are forcing the public to not only get cable TV, but to subscribe to costly sports packages.

Add FS1, TNT, and USA to the mix, if you're an NBA fan or NHL fan.
    I thought TNT was Canadian?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '22 00:12
    @trev33 said
    I thought TNT was Canadian?
    Turner Network Television? I am guessing that is the cable station. It was based in Atlanta Georgia I thought

Sad to see that warching sports are no longer available for all.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '22 00:16
    @eladar said
    Turner Network Television? I am guessing that is the cable station. It was based in Atlanta Georgia I thought

Sad to see that warching sports are no longer available for all.
    Did they used to show English soccer on a Saturday? Maybe I’m getting the channels mixed up.

It’s true though, very sad. The super bowl is on free to air TV in the UK but the rest you need to pay for.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '22 00:21
    @trev33 said
    Did they used to show English soccer on a Saturday? Maybe I’m getting the channels mixed up.

It’s true though, very sad. The super bowl is on free to air TV in the UK but the rest you need to pay for.
    My parents had cable, after I moved out I never did. If they had soccer on, I certainly would not have watched it.

I dont even watch baseball or basketball anymore. The only sport I will watch is football.

Which is why I found it depressing that they showed two basketball games, but only one football game.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '22 00:23
    But there is always google if you want to know a score.

Oklahoma State beat the Irish and Utah State is beating Ohio State. Who would have guessed?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '22 03:58
    Too bad. Buckeyes came back and beat Utah.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree