1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 21:04
    so why are the fans always going on about the good ole days and the great team they were.... no they werent... a few cup wins, a few leagues thats it.... leeds in the 70's, liverpool in the 80's, man u in the 90's... when have newcastle ever been a great side...

personally, i'd love to see em go down
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 21:34
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    so why are the fans always going on about the good ole days and the great team they were.... no they werent... a few cup wins, a few leagues thats it.... leeds in the 70's, liverpool in the 80's, man u in the 90's... when have newcastle ever been a great side...

personally, i'd love to see em go down
    very good points. Its a myth that newcastle are a big club. they have not won anything in 50 years.

in the last 10 years, two FA cup runners up spot.. thats all.

dont believe HYPE!
  3. England
    Moves
    30 Jan '08 12:35
    as a sunderland man, the magpies have always thought they were the top eight in the world, why, they always belive next year they will get it right, they spend big with 50,000+ fan base
  4. Joined
    07 May '07
    Moves
    30 Jan '08 16:24
    as the boro are the only team in the north east to win any thing recently are they not a big club? of course not were just a small town in teeside but still bigger than the mags
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 21:16
    Originally posted by spurs73
    very good points. Its a myth that newcastle are a big club. they have not won anything in 50 years.

in the last 10 years, two FA cup runners up spot.. thats all.

dont believe HYPE!
    ... is that the same HYPE that says Robson is a good manager, and Rio Ferdinand is a great player?

😉
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 21:17
    Originally posted by mattyg17
    as the boro are the only team in the north east to win any thing recently are they not a big club? of course not were just a small town in teeside but still bigger than the mags
    ... it's a shame your Cup run is about to end mate!

😛
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 23:02
    Originally posted by blade68
    ... is that the same HYPE that says Robson is a good manager, and Rio Ferdinand is a great player?

😉
    yep!!

i thought Rio was at fault when Keano scored on sunday, but no one picked up on it as United won!
  8. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 10:38
    I hope Newcastle really struggle this year. What they did to Sam Allardyce was a disgrace. He should have had at least another two years to sort things out. Newcastle are only a big club because of their fan base and nothing else.

Look at what Keegan has done in four matches, nothing. They are happy now just to score one goal in a local derby. I think if Sam was in charge he at least may have learnt from losing 3-0 to Arsenal not to go and get walloped by the same score four days later!
  9. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 11:31
    Originally posted by Virtue76
    I hope Newcastle really struggle this year. What they did to Sam Allardyce was a disgrace. He should have had at least another two years to sort things out. Newcastle are only a big club because of their fan base and nothing else.

Look at what Keegan has done in four matches, nothing. They are happy now just to score one goal in a local derby. I think if ...[text shortened]... learnt from losing 3-0 to Arsenal not to go and get walloped by the same score four days later!
    I agree with most of what you've said here... however, the way Arsenal are playing at the moment (the Spurs semi aside) any side has got their work cut out to get anything from them...

I don't like Arsenal, but you have to admire some of the football they're playing...

Newcastle are an enigma, huge vocal support, but consistently flatter to deceive...
  10. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 12:42
    I agree with most of what you've said here... however, the way Arsenal are playing at the moment (the Spurs semi aside) any side has got their work cut out to get anything from them...

I don't like Arsenal, but you have to admire some of the football they're playing...

Newcastle are an enigma, huge vocal support, but consistently flatter to deceive...
    I agree with everything you say. (through gritted teeth) Arsenal are playing great football and Adebayor is turning out to be another great buy from Wenger. But surely Keegan could have changed things about. Look at Spurs, probably should have beaten Man U this weekend.
  11. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 16:03
    [b]But surely Keegan could have changed things about.
    It depends what personnel he had to work with...

You mentioned earlier that they didn't give Big Sam enough time, and I agree... but surely the same comment would apply to Keegan?

4 games isn't a lot to be judged on is it?

Newcastle is a club without any confidence, and it's going to take KK a while to get that back... maybe then results and performances will improve for The Magpies?
  12. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 16:08
    It depends what personnel he had to work with...

You mentioned earlier that they didn't give Big Sam enough time, and I agree... but surely the same comment would apply to Keegan?

4 games isn't a lot to be judged on is it?

Newcastle is a club without any confidence, and it's going to take KK a while to get that back... maybe then results and performances will improve for The Magpies?
    Thats my point, why does KK deserve any more time than Allardyce?

It has been touted as 'The Return of the King' bloody geordies are clueless. Big Sam is a much better manager and I hope Keegan takes them down to the championship where they belong.
  13. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    04 Feb '08 16:09
    Not a Mackem by any chance are you?
  14. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    05 Feb '08 09:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Feb '08 19:24
    Thats my point, why does KK deserve any more time than Allardyce?

It has been touted as 'The Return of the King' bloody geordies are clueless. Big Sam is a much better manager and I hope Keegan takes them down to the championship where they belong.
    Still waiting for first win!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree