1. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 17:27
    Originally posted by spurs73
    very good points. Its a myth that newcastle are a big club. they have not won anything in 50 years.

in the last 10 years, two FA cup runners up spot.. thats all.

dont believe HYPE!
    Depends what you mean by big club, Newcatle are ranked the 14th biggest club in the world in terms of revenue:
    http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/business_money/real+madrid+top+rich+league/1558847
  2. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 23:20
    so why cant most of your fans afford to buy a shirt to wear
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 07:39
    Originally posted by smartrrrrs
    so why cant most of your fans afford to buy a shirt to wear
    LOL
    i blame the 'americanisation' of britain....thats the kind of stuff the american fans do when a game is played in freezing tempartures.😵😵😵😵😵😵
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 07:41
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Depends what you mean by big club, Newcatle are ranked the 14th biggest club in the world in terms of revenue:
    http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/business_money/real+madrid+top+rich+league/1558847
    I have to say, that credit should be given to the fans, who turn up week in, week out to support the team. TURE FANS they are.

I wonder why middlesborough and sunderland dont get the same support?
  5. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 08:441 edit
    I have to say, that credit should be given to the fans, who turn up week in, week out to support the team. TURE FANS they are.

I wonder why middlesborough and sunderland dont get the same support?
    I think Sunderland do get very good support, but Boro are one of those teams like Forrest that never gets huge support no matter what they achieve (not that they have ever achieved as much as Forrest have). I also noted Spurs were very high up that list (11th I think)
  6. 6yd box
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 09:02
    I think Sunderland do get very good support, but Boro are one of those teams like Forrest that never gets huge support no matter what they achieve (not that they have ever achieved as much as Forrest have). I also noted Spurs were very high up that list (11th I think)
    what many ppl dont realise is that Spurs have always been a rich club, if you look at their transfer history, they have always bought expensive players.

Over the last 10 season, every match at WHL is sold out, it may only hold 37,000, but its always sold out.
  7. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 09:12
    what many ppl dont realise is that Spurs have always been a rich club, if you look at their transfer history, they have always bought expensive players.

Over the last 10 season, every match at WHL is sold out, it may only hold 37,000, but its always sold out.
    In fairness, the catchment area for the London sides is 8 million people... so you'd expect the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham to have good support.

Newcastle is a 1 team city - so the same applies...

Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Nottingham etc all have 2 teams to choose from, so support will always be divided...
    Manchester and Sheffield have similar populations I think (500,000), but Liverpool has maybe a population of 250,000 so you have to admire the support that both Merseyside clubs get...
  8. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 19:072 edits
    Originally posted by blade68
    In fairness, the catchment area for the London sides is 8 million people... so you'd expect the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham to have good support.
    Newcastle is a 1 team city - so the same applies...

Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield, be a population of 250,000 so you have to admire the support that both Merseyside clubs get...
    Good valid points but I seem to remember that even when Forrest were winning the European cup they were still getting poor comparative support. Although that possibly could be down to my poor memory, maybe someone remembers what attendances Forrest were getting at the time? Also I don't think there would be much difference between the potential catchment of Boro and Sunderland
  9. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 09:12
    Good valid points but I seem to remember that even when Forrest were winning the European cup they were still getting poor comparative support. Although that possibly could be down to my poor memory, maybe someone remembers what attendances Forrest were getting at the time? Also I don't think there would be much difference between the potential catchment of Boro and Sunderland
    Attendances in the late 70's/early 80's were generally a far cry from what they are now... even sides that were being successful didn't play to 'sell outs' every week. Although Anfield was always pretty full as I remember?

I watched 'The Big Match Revisited' on ITV3 last week - it showed Coventry v Manchester City from 1983, Coventry were top 6, and I think the attendance was something pitiful like 18,000...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree