NFL 2014-15

NFL 2014-15

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

Moves
15 Aug 14
3 edits

Yes, you are correct on the score and line. Maybe the close ending that I missed made it exciting. I thought for the first half the Bears offense was stagnant, and the Defense reminded me of an abysmal D that I saw last year. The special teams have been on the decline as well. Coverage and the decline and loss of Hester to the Falcons, which was the right move, but tough shoes to fill. And a position not to be overlooked is long snapper. Bears had Patrick Mannelly for the last 20 years. He retired this off season. That's something to keep an eye on.

After the fumble around the 30 on the Kick off in the first quarter, with the Bears down 6-0 I believe, it was very bleak as far as the Bears covering. Now, they CAN put up points, but I don't have much faith in our 2 backup QB's vying for the position, but do also think that McCown would have commanded too much money to be a backup. He did superb last year.
And the parts that I saw, the Jags played well. I guess all they can do is improve if you consider the recent history.

I'm very skeptical of the Bears linebacking core with Mcclelland moving from end to linebacker, which happens to be his natural position. That draft made me scratch my head. An aging Briggs.

Peanut Tillman looked like he tweaked a groin, probably one of the best Cb's in Bears history, but I think his body is telling him something. The rookie Fuller twisted an ankle. I think he'll be a good one. but as far as I know, no major injuries and that's what matters.

Edited....to add, but on the bright side I think they have revamped their defensive front for the better.😵

g

Moves
15 Aug 14
1 edit

So yes, Bob and Ken earn a point, and Gort with a goose egg, waiting for the next slate of games to be played.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Aug 14

Originally posted by gort
Yes, you are correct on the score and line. Maybe the close ending that I missed made it exciting. I thought for the first half the Bears offense was stagnant, and the Defense reminded me of an abysmal D that I saw last year. The special teams have been on the decline as well. Coverage and the decline and loss of Hester to the Falcons, which was the right move, ...[text shortened]... o add, but on the bright side I think they have revamped their defensive front for the better.😵
You certainly are knowledgeable. How long have you followed the Bears with such interest?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Aug 14

So yes, Bob and Ken earn a point, and Gort with a goose egg, waiting for the next slate of games to be played.
Gort:

Ken: 1

Bob: 1

Here's a thought: since Ken started a week late, let's average each of our cumulative points by number of weeks. Okay?

g

Moves
15 Aug 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Gort:[hidden] [b]0 [/hidden]

Here's a thought: since Ken started a week late, let's average each of our cumulative points by number of weeks. Okay?[/b]
lol, the goose egg.
Yes, I think that's a good idea.

g

Moves
15 Aug 14
2 edits

And sorry for the Bears talk all the time, but I'm sure you understand. Right around 1984-1985. Mainly the 85 team. That's what started it. I'm actually more into NBA and MLB, but the NFL and NHL too. I don't play fantasy football or anything. I think I did one year before there were leagues and stuff.
Before it got popular. Me and friends would pick a group of players from each position, but it was only based on Scoring, no other stats, but I have fun picking games.

g

Moves
15 Aug 14
2 edits

Just listened to cd 5 of the Allman Bros 1971 fillmore east recordings(Mountain Jam) and I fumbled my brain, the Jaguars probably picked it up, but I can live with it.😀

g

Moves
15 Aug 14

Gort:[hidden] [b]0 [/hidden]

Here's a thought: since Ken started a week late, let's average each of our cumulative points by number of weeks. Okay?[/b]
We should count it when the regular season starts, but it's up to you guys. Either way let's figure it out, set it, and then when all the games are done each week we'll post it. either by percentage or wins.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Aug 14

lol, the goose egg.
Yes, I think that's a good idea.
Gort, you've opened the refrigerator. Now the Gort Goose Egg [first of the 2014 NFL Preseason] will probably spoil and turn icky green before the Curators of the NFL Hall of Fame Museum in Canton, Ohio, are able to stop by to pick it up. Not good.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Aug 14

We should count it when the regular season starts, but it's up to you guys. Either way let's figure it out, set it, and then when all the games are done each week we'll post it. either by percentage or wins.
Regular Season is a new competitive event. There's only four weeks we're looking at: let's do cumulative point averages.

g

Moves
15 Aug 14

okay...yes, the refrigerator was opened.😲

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Aug 14

okay...yes, the refrigerator was opened.😲
There are four more games tonight: how much room will we need in our refrigerator for your Goose Eggs? lol

g

Moves
16 Aug 14

😛

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Aug 14

There are four more games tonight: how much room will we need in our refrigerator for your Goose Eggs? lol

0 0

0 0 0

or

0 0 0 0

or none?

Ha,

Patriots and Eagles 21 each at the end of the half.

g

Moves
16 Aug 14

The question is....will the fridge hold my points after tonight's games?😉