1. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 15:32
    What do you guys think, I say Vince Young! He's having an amazing season!
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 16:48
    Devin Hester. Until a few weeks ago, I would have said Marques Colston. We'll see how the season turns out but Vince Young doesn't seem like a bad pick either.
  3. over there
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 23:24
    Reggie Bush is good but I don't really like him. I'd say Devin Hester.
  4. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 23:31
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    ur a great Titans fan.
  5. Joined
    14 Nov '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 07:38
    Dallas fan here .

My vote, Vince young
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 08:16
    Originally posted by ARROWPAWN
    Dallas fan here .

My vote, Vince young
    No Romo?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 08:49
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No Romo?
    No rookie; he's been sitting on the bench for 3 years.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 08:53
    Young's numbers are too pedestrian to deserve a Rookie of the Year; barely over 50% completion percentage, more interceptions than touchdowns and a 65.7 passer rating.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 08:59
    Originally posted by telerion
    Devin Hester. Until a few weeks ago, I would have said Marques Colston. We'll see how the season turns out but Vince Young doesn't seem like a bad pick either.
    Hester's a great return man, but that usually doesn't make you Rookie of the Year. Bush is only averaging 3.2 a carry so I doubt him. Colston's going to wind up with probably over 70 catches, 1000 receiving yards and close to 10 TDs. Those are the types of numbers that grab the voters' eyes.
  10. over there
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 15:20
    Vince Young has definitely turned the Titans around, and they have lost some close games. In the next few years they could be good if he keeps it up.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 16:452 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Young...more interceptions than touchdowns
    Not if you include rushing TDs.

10 Passing TDs, 5 Rushing TDs, 11 Interceptions

Plus, Colston is a wide receiver. Young is a franchise quarterback who has led the team on game-winning drives the last three games and is undubtely going to be a very special player for years to come. Give me the QB anyday! No WR ever gets to be MVP of the league.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 21:141 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Not if you include rushing TDs.

10 Passing TDs, 5 Rushing TDs, 11 Interceptions

Plus, Colston is a wide receiver. Young is a franchise quarterback who has led the team on game-winning drives the last three games and is undubtely going to be a very special player for years to come. Give me the QB anyday! No WR ever gets to be MVP of the league.
    It's Rookie of the Year, not MVP. Since 1967, only 2 QB's have won the AP Rookie of the Year - Offense, while 6 Wide Receivers have. Of course, 30 of the 39 have been running backs but I don't think 3.2 per carry is gonna do it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Rookie_of_the_Year_Award
  13. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    16 Dec '06 23:531 edit
    It's Rookie of the Year, not MVP. Since 1967, only 2 QB's have won the AP Rookie of the Year - Offense, while 6 Wide Receivers have. Of course, 30 of the 39 have been running backs but I don't think 3.2 per carry is gonna do it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Rookie_of_the_Year_Award
    I vote Vince Young. How does he thrive behind such a poor WR corps, average line, and should-be-backup HB? He's going to bring the Titans to average (8-8, 9-7, 10-6 with excellency) next year
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 00:39
    QBs don't often win the ROY because it's so much more difficult for a rookie QB to come onto a team and make an immediate impact. All the more reason Vince should be given extra consideration over the rookies in the other skill positions.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 02:22
    Originally posted by Ramned
    I vote Vince Young. How does he thrive behind such a poor WR corps, average line, and should-be-backup HB? He's going to bring the Titans to average (8-8, 9-7, 10-6 with excellency) next year
    The last time Travis Henry had over a 100 carries (2003), he rushed for 1356 yards; the year before he had 1400+. He's actually putting up exceptional numbers this year; 917 yards and 4.4 per carry.Back up HB??

I'm sorry, but to me a 65.7 passer rating doesn't make you Rookie of the Year. It's an individual acheivement award and the stats matter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree